Arcane DPS help...

90 Human Paladin
Your spell power is way to low for your ilv. You should be in the 23k's. Thats probably why your dps is so far behind the others. Your battle stats look fine.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
@dim
it's an all inclusive macro. Note that I also have both "brilliant mana gem" and "mana gem". Depending on the situation you can switch out talents and glyphs without having to make a new macro. I scorch weave for 99% of the fights.

@Batar
That's interesting, I wouldn't do that however because you will not have time for an extra arcane missile even with lust up.

w/o lust: arcane blast, arcane missile, arcane missile (clipped), barrage

w/ lust: arcane blast, arcane missile, arcane missile, arcane blast, barrage

Maybe if you're haste stacking I could see getting that extra missile in there.
Edited by Gravitation on 12/7/2012 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
12/07/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Gravitation
I wouldn't do that however because you will not have time for an extra arcane missile even with lust up.

Works fine. correct me if my math is wrong. My haste with raid haste buff, which is all reforged to mastery, so just whats lefton the gear.

0 secs AM
1.75 secs AB
3.06 secs AM
4.8 secs AM
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
@batar

I'm not following how you came up with those times?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
Okay. Take your haste at 10.05 with druid buff brings it up to 15.05.
Cast time for AB and AM is 1.74 secs. Your GCD is 1.3

First spell you cast after AT is missiles, this is cast at 0 secs of AT, second spell at 1.75 secs you cast is a PoM'd AB which is only the GCD, third spell at 3.06 is AM, 4th spell would be cast at 4.81 secs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
oh oh I get it you're talking about start time of cast. Gotcha. In theory i think that would work if you had zero latency. I've been able to keep things that tight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
IQ
Ya i run at about 50 ms constant and it works fine for me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'll give it a try.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]