Scourged Whelpling

90 Night Elf Druid
So i have been looking for one and still no luck so i was wondering if anyone has suggestions on times they seem to spawn or maybe a better server to look for them on since i can never find any up on darkspear
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I'd say to wait for a restart and make sure you keep yourself in the area they spawn in. I've only seen them once and it was right after a restart, there were probably 5-6 up but all gone under a minute. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've seen 1-2 spawn sporadically throughout the week. I hear the RP-PVP xrealm server is the best for pet hunting.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
not sure. I was VERY lucky and got a rare one on 2nd scourgewhelpling
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For most of my rares I waited until midnight or so when many people were sleeping.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i wish they'd have server restarts at like 3am because most of the time its when im asleep that they happen. i tend to look around 12am - 3am and havent seen anything yet during those times, i did however get some other rare quality pets during those times though
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I placed a toon there for restart. . .and spammed the login until I finally got in, and I still got the LAST one there because someone else had burned through them all checking for rares. I almost didn't get that one because everything was phasing in and out. But I did get one, it's a common, but I'll take it and I'm leveling it. . . hoping for a battle stone for it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
sounds like my best hope is to set an alarm so i can get on for server restart then...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
In general it seems the only time you will see one (aside from just getting insanely lucky) is directly after a server restart. So they are a pain to get but on the bright side are also quite unique and can be very powerful in pet battles.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
People are still suggesting restarts but I thought they fixed it so pets would no longer spawn at restarts?
Reply Quote
I got mine on a restart on a RP-realm about a week ago. This was after the new pets released, so it didn't seem to affect them at least? I tried with a Minfernal afterwards, but only thing that reset were the rats. So, I guess it depends on what its on then?
Edited by Britty on 12/6/2012 6:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
i thought so too but i go out there often during the day and late at night and still havent seen any
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I had a character camped there to do my Major Payne daily and after the daily I would fly down and check for them. Very odd times but I would also check when I wake up for work around 5:30 Central. I have never seen just one up, it has always been the whole population of 10 or so, thats when I got my rare, and Ive seen it that way about 3 times or so.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I kept looking and never found any. Then, one day I just strolled through and found a bunch. I think they spawn in big bursts in some time interval. Just keep checking back. Also, the first one I found was rare, so rares do exist.
Edited by Zeglo on 12/7/2012 8:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
All well and great when people say to wait for server restart but if your server is not the one to come up first then it makes fat lot of a difference. I have been there spamming log in before to get in as fast as possible and all I see when I log in is a ton of campers and NO Scourged Whelplings. Never seen one. Never even smelt one.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
They fixed the server start spawn thing.
But it is true, in some occasions, they still spawn at server start time, so you might want to check out for the spawns the time server went up on the next few days.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/26/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Albrand
They fixed the server start spawn thing

Not on the old mobs, sw and minfernal are still server spawners. They do have spawns after but always a full spawn on server restart.
Reply Quote
93 Goblin Shaman
12/26/2012 12:17 AMPosted by Pandapie
All well and great when people say to wait for server restart but if your server is not the one to come up first then it makes fat lot of a difference. I have been there spamming log in before to get in as fast as possible and all I see when I log in is a ton of campers and NO Scourged Whelplings. Never seen one. Never even smelt one.

I also don't think people (or Blizzard for that matter) take into account of people having day jobs. Most normal people aren't going to ditch work for a mini pet spawn (and a lot of jobs won't let you access WoW at work).

With resets being PST now, that makes it a pain for EST/CST folks.
Edited by Jujubiju on 12/26/2012 6:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The scourged whelp is a weird one. Keep in mind that this is from my experience only and from the research ive done.

You cannot force it to spawn. Supposedly there is a spawn timer, IE it only spawns at certain times. Once they have been captured or killed (gasp) they are gone until they respawn. I read somewhere that they spawn around 10 am server. Due to work i was unable to test this theory until recently. Had the day off due to snow so I logged in to do my pet battles thinking i wouldnt get it just humoring myself. It was 1030 server. There were about a dozen up. I managed to capture a rare of one breed and an uncommon of the other. Shortly after i got and undead pet stone.

TLDR , try 10-1030 am server(zone server not realm server).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]