Ret = Competative?? ROFL

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So I would just like to again start a reasonable discussion in terms of PvP for Ret Pallies.

I Have been Ret all through Vanilla, took a break with Cata, and now I’m back.

I can say that Ret is nowhere competitive with other DPS class; and I’m tired of people calming that Ret is where it should be because of utility.

We have utility that can be countered by almost every class, so who cares anyway

I HAVE NOW GONE HOLY TO BE SAUGHT AFTER IN ARENA, this is upsetting but appears the only way to gain conquest points and fairly enjoy the time I spend in game.

Thanks Blizzard, RET IS DEAD

Ret= Gimped DPS with lame utility for PVP, period
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The only thing that bothers me in no defensive stance. Everyone trains rets because they know how bad we are. We have 8 seconds (which isn't enough time to heal up anymore) of bubble, then just get 3 shotted. EVERY other melee class with a tanking spec can pop "defensive stance" but we can't. :<

I just capped - so i'm freshly p.o.d after getting globaled by mages, hunters and wars galore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The only thing that bothers me in no defensive stance. Everyone trains rets because they know how bad we are. We have 8 seconds (which isn't enough time to heal up anymore) of bubble, then just get 3 shotted. EVERY other melee class with a tanking spec can pop "defensive stance" but we can't. :<

I just capped - so i'm freshly p.o.d after getting globaled by mages, hunters and wars galore.
According to Blizz we dont need that because we are off healers.....Oh wait...... nevermind that's gone also
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Holy crap, three of four of them circle-posting. inb4angelista
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seems fine to me.

Especially happy with our burst damage atm.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
^^the pvp gods have spoken.
ya, our burst is fine(unless you compare it to the op classes) but our sustained damage needs some work.
also, is it just me or does anybody else have a hard time staying on a resto shaman? i can stay on frost mages better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ya, our burst is fine(unless you compare it to the op classes) but our sustained damage needs some work.
also, is it just me or does anybody else have a hard time staying on a resto shaman? i can stay on frost mages better.

Dear God, don't get me started on Resto Shamans... those bastards are just as bad as druids... they have way to many ways to get out of things. I can understand a move that takes away the movement impairing effects, but the move that lets em run away fast, and takes the effect away? Not to mention the totem they drop as they do it...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Dear God, don't get me started on Resto Shamans... those bastards are just as bad as druids... they have way to many ways to get out of things. I can understand a move that takes away the movement impairing effects, but the move that lets em run away fast, and takes the effect away? Not to mention the totem they drop as they do it...

I'd say resto druids are vastly more irritating personally! 20 second phase beast....GRRR!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wants reasonable discussion

Starts out thread with a trolling title

Yup.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I do believe Ret is viable, but other classes are in definite need of getting nerfed, and as of last patch nothing happened to bring classes down a level.

The real question at hand is why Blizzard is still dragging their feet on the issue of pvp balance?
I think because pve comes first in this game... if they cared to notice pvp is basically a CC dance and those classes that do well right now all have a common ability, something like lichborne, avatar, or some CC immunity.

All I can imagine is another subscription loss for blizzard, as pvp has been broken since the expac came out, and I dont see any effort on their part to balance it out
Edited by Trondheim on 12/5/2012 9:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
12/05/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Trondheim
and as of last patch nothing happened to bring classes down a level.

12/05/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Trondheim
as pvp has been broken since the expac came out, and I dont see any effort on their part to balance it out

Really?

It may not be great still but there were certainly efforts made to bring some of the other classes in line recently.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 12/5/2012 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Maybe we have different opinions on this...

As the first major patch after such a broken expac... I think it shows Blizz's lack of enthusiasm for PVP balancing measures.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
and as of last patch nothing happened to bring classes down a level.

as pvp has been broken since the expac came out, and I dont see any effort on their part to balance it out

Really?

It may not be great still but there were certainly efforts made to bring some of the other classes in line recently.

Could you please show me the flat nerf to warrior damage?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Nytró

Really?

Could you please show me the flat nerf to warrior damage?
He cant show you that because it didnt happen. Warriors are still destroying everyone with more self healing than a RET and more CC. Good job Ghostcrawler.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Agincourt
He cant show you that because it didnt happen. Warriors are still destroying everyone with more self healing than a RET and more CC. Good job Ghostcrawler

Says the guy who couldnt kill an AFK warrior at half health. /eyeroll
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Weren't several Warrior damage coefficients nerfed in 5.0.5? I seem to remember a recent QQ post from a Warrior about a "stealth nerf" that a blue referred to as a series of tooltip fixes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They nerfed tfb in PvP so that its mathematically possible to survive a warriors CDs now.
Edited by Invincible on 12/5/2012 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seems fine to me.

Especially happy with our burst damage atm.

I REALLY hope your being sarcastic, worst burst ever
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Vangaurds is over 2k rating as ret even 2.3 in 3s so idk........
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]