Cross Realm Mail

90 Worgen Rogue
Any chance of this in the near future? Would really like to send heirloom gear across realms since all my toons on this server are lvl 85 or 90
Reply Quote
76 Blood Elf Paladin
Haven't heard anything about this but you can give the heirlooms to a character and change that character's realm to the one you want the heirlooms on.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Blizz says they're working on it. I wonder how much of this is an issue of technical limitations, and how much of this is them wanting to ensure that there's no cross-server economic exploitation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My guess would be long-term yes, near future no. Most likely something that'll get done near the end of the expansion when all of the content patches are finished, I think.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Something like this to be developed alongside expansions, updates, patches and other games... a while. but they're working on something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
They have said they are working on this since wrath. We know they can do it now that there are cross realm parties etc., Im sure they are holding back for monatary reasons, i.e to make us pay $25 to transfer BoEs and BoAs. They claim it is just out of concern for each realm's economy, but really how is X-realm mail any different than having 2 toons on the same server? Just restrict it to account only and its not any different. Concerned about money blizz? Think about the fact that there are many people (like me) who do not transfer because then they will loose the maxed professions of my other toon(s). I feel like it is punishment to have toons on more than one server as it is...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I would honestly prefer NOT getting cross realm mail as a solution to this issue.

Because I would prefer getting an heirloom journal to do away with mailing the things in the first place. They said they want to do this, but no indication of where it is on the priority list.

And before anyone goes there, because someone always does, if they were deliberately withholding the feature because they want to make money off the few people realm transferring to move heirlooms, why would they ever enable cross faction mailing?
Reply Quote
Has been brought up in the past a few times, I've heard they're looking into it, but it doesn't seem likely any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Blizz says they're working on it. I wonder how much of this is an issue of technical limitations, and how much of this is them wanting to ensure that there's no cross-server economic exploitation.

Make it so cross realm mail is BoA items only.
Reply Quote
Just make a BOA only bank tab that is account wide.
Edited by Tabek on 12/18/2012 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I would like this. I think it is perfectly fair to ask for, but I think Blizz may be holding back on us on this one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well I hope they are still working on it! Now that I've finally transferred it could come in handy.
Reply Quote
38 Goblin Shaman
Just make a BOA only bank tab that is account wide.

Like mounts and companion pets. I don't see why this can't be done for heirlooms too.
Reply Quote
Now there's a thought that should appease everyone. There should be no concern of economic impact, and for those of us that want to play other servers for whatever reasons, we wouldn't have to give up the access to the maxed out professions and guild rep on the home server.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Virtual Realms will provide a limited version of this in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
thats actually a good idea
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]