Word of Log's rankings

90 Pandaren Hunter
I am new to WOL's but i am wondering how long after uploading a parse does it take to push over to the rankings?I think i may have ranked on a couple of MV fights this arvo as SV(but i may be wrong).It was only normal so it doesnt matter but its just a case of personal pride(e-peen)
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h9j68ljeqhogpbcu/sum/damageDone/?s=1453&e=1756
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h9j68ljeqhogpbcu/sum/damageDone/?s=3765&e=4307
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
It can take a few minutes, to 12 hours.

Looking at first few, you should get ranks around the 100th mark at least on Feng for sure.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/4/2012 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You should have ranked on feng, not sure why it's not there.

It's almost instant for me, but I do live updates.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
have a look at this part of your report

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/h9j68ljeqhogpbcu/rankinfo/

Says you ranked on two, but for some reason its also asking you to re-export. As Timmy said, its usually almost instant, something bodgy must have happened when the data came in this time. Simply re-upload it and you should be right.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Cheers, i will re-upload and see what happens
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I believe it re-crawls reports every 8 hours, and you can manually re-export your report every 1 hour.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Ranks have always been figured out within a minute or so for me. It's been like this for years, except on the occasional patch day where things are adjusted. In dragon soul, on days where bosses were just nerfed, kills wouldn't always be seen as valid, since less health was done to the boss to kill it after their health was lowered during the nerf. These things are few and far between and not happening right now.

So, currently, you should see ranks within a minute of uploading. I run my logs live, and within a minute of killing a boss we can all see if we ranked. If you don't see yourself ranking on the dashboard and want to make sure it's compared you to others already, pull up the menu under Dashboard, Damage done, etc at the top and click on Ranking Info. It will show you the rank limits for each person's spec in that fight and show you the percentage you were of that rank. If your % of limit was under 100, then you did less than the top 200th of your spec and didn't rank. Look at the rank limit to see what the last rank (200th) did, and you'll know how much you need to do in order to rank next time.

The other thing that can happen is that somebody else logged the fight and uploaded it elsewhere. There is always going to be a small difference in the numbers between logs. Say you did 50,000 DPS on a fight, and the rank limit was 40,000. You did well and should have ranked. But if somebody else logged the fight, and it calculated you doing 50,001 DPS, then that's even better, and it will choose that as your best performance and rank you with that, so your log won't actually show you as ranking. Ranking Info will again show you if you were above 100% of the rank limit, but you will only rank once per fight, so unless it's the best you've ever done, it won't actually show up as a rank. You must beat your previous rank (or the one somebody else logged you doing) in order for it to actually show up as a rank again. (As a side note, if somebody else logged you and posted to a guild signed up with WoL on another server, this doesn't happen)
Edited by Sheitan on 12/5/2012 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
also check to see if your logs are posted as private it wont show up as a rank on the main pages if its set to private but it will still say you're ranked
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/05/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Subrosian
Rankings for SV are freebies right now, since all previous fights were pre-Sting buff and all of top Hunters are stuck in Heroic farm as BM. I'm not sure if WoL is delayed on rankings because of the patches / hotfixes - if it is you won't see a ranking for a bit.

That for hunters, and also all ranks on Gara'jal are inflated because it severely punishes people that do not log themselves (if you are not in the same realm as the person logging you are doing no damage =P)
Edited by Dysheki on 12/6/2012 1:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
That for hunters, and also all ranks on Gara'jal are inflated because it severely punishes people that do not log themselves (if you are not in the same realm as the person logging you are doing no damage =P)

Semi-true.

The dots that tick on Gara'jal while that person is in the Spirit Realm while logger is in normal realm will be picked up, but damage done to mobs that exist in the other Realm won't be counted.

@ the OP, it's practically instant. I usually upload the log and the ranking are pretty much updated straight away.
Edited by Slashlove on 12/6/2012 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Arcane mage ranks are also freebies right now since very few people played Arcane before the fire nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
12/06/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Slashlove

Semi-true.

The dots that tick on Gara'jal while that person is in the Spirit Realm while logger is in normal realm will be picked up, but damage done to mobs that exist in the other Realm won't be counted.

@ the OP, it's practically instant. I usually upload the log and the ranking are pretty much updated straight away.

YEAH MAN THOSE BLEEDS STILL ROCKIN

Doesn't change the fact you are severely punished for not logging.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Warrior
12/06/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Dysheki
Doesn't change the fact you are severely punished for not logging.

So...log?

Its not like it slows down performance or anything
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]