Priest Feed Back Discipline / Holy

90 Blood Elf Priest
This is a forum for current priest feed back. Here will be collective issues, and solutions posted by the community. I will start with addressing some of the important points, and problems that need to be fixed.

Q: In PvP, Smite Spam - Attonement Healing does not work largely due to the amount of CC's that take place. There is an exception to this upon upper rating teams that have stronger control, but in general this is the case. What is the solution?

Q: The Current Mind control change really helped the ability, But its still not working so well. For example on First CC, the ability is trinket'd, Its not worth recasting unless in a specific situation where that target is standing on the edge of something you can throw him off of. How do we Fix this?

Q: The Current rapture change is unstable. Its either regenerating massive amounts of mana, or lower amounts. It needs to be streamlined to being constant at lower amounts, what do you think we should do?

Q: Spirit Shell takes a total of 10 seconds to ramp up, only for 15 seconds of duration, its suited only for engagements, how do we fix this, while not destroying it in PvE?

Q: Discipline is unfluid, how do we fix this?

Q: Divine star is still wildy unused, is there a way we can put it into discipline to make it worth the time? Does the ability need to be changed?

Q: The general Feel of Discipline, are you happy with it?

Q: Santuary is still not performing correctly, any feed back?
Edited by Ezri on 12/5/2012 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Reserved
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/penguu_penguu/Nottheforum.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Q: In PvP, Smite Spam - Attonement Healing does not work largely due to the amount of CC's that take place. There is an exception to this upon upper rating teams that have stronger control, but in general this is the case. What is the solution?

I think changing Penance is the key here. If we can change it to being a constant ability, at a lower damage/ healing rate, it will take the place of smite. Something like

Current

19,500 damage (100% coefficient)
17,500 healing (80% Coefficient)
10 Second cooldown, over 2 seconds, every .5 seconds.

New

16,500 damage (100% Coefficient)
11,500 healing (50% Coefficient)
4 second cooldown, over 0.99 seconds, every 0.33 seconds

Q: The Current Mind control change really helped the ability, But its still not working so well. For example on First CC, the ability is trinket'd, Its not worth recasting unless in a specific situation where that target is standing on the edge of something you can throw him off of. How do we Fix this?

I would like to see an interesting twist to this ability. Instead of mind controlling, it should charm a target, causing them to attack a random hostile player to the priest with spells on their bar. Cannot be trinket'd. lasts 10-15 seconds.

Q: The Current rapture change is unstable. Its either regenerating massive amounts of mana, or lower amounts. It needs to be streamlined to being constant at lower amounts, what do you think we should do?

I think we should change this to being activated on any Divine aegis bubble pop, but should regenerating around 1-2k mana per a bubble.

Q: Spirit Shell takes a total of 10 seconds to ramp up, only for 15 seconds of duration, its suited only for engagements, how do we fix this, while not destroying it in PvE?

I would like to see this spell c hanged to instant cast, 5 (7 target glyphed) bubbles absorbing 350k. 1 minute cooldown, 45k mana cost.

I feel the above changes will help fix this, but i would like to see one other change.
I feel that discipline priests need another penance burst-ish ability to really stablize them to compete with other healers. I would like to add the following ability.

Sparks of light
3-5 Sparks of light orbit the priest. While orbiting the priest, if the priest drops below 30% Hp, the sparks will heal them. There is an internat cooldown of 1 second per each spark healing the priest. This ability has a second effect.

If targeting a friend or enemy target, the sparks will zip away, damaging or healing that respective target for 14,500 damage (100% coefficient) or 9,500 healing (95% Coefficient) Per a spark.

this ability is designed along with penance, to be optimally used on hostile targets, to get the most out of attonement, but serve a second purpose of spot/ burst healing.

This ability is instant cast, 10 second cooldown. Its designed like penance (glyph) to be used on the move, so that the priest can kite, and heal as a mobile healer (Via spark of life and penance)

on that note, spark of life will now trigger attonement healing and from darkness comes light (changed below)

Q: Divine star is still wildy unused, is there a way we can put it into discipline to make it worth the time? Does the ability need to be changed?

I like the feel of divine star, but its just not spamable enuff to be viable for really anything. It needs some sort of secondary effect. I would like to see a blind added to it (2 seconds) Similar to the pally aoe blind; causing any targets hit by it to be blinded.

I feel that the concepts of discipline are nice, but it needs to become more instant cast, streamlined. these sort of changes will vastly improve the spec.

On another note, i feel that from darkness comes light can have a discipline aspect.

when power word shield is dispeled, stolen or broken, all targets in 15 yards are slowed by 70% for 3 seconds.

Lastly, i feel that discipline's bubble/healing amount or core concept should be changed

as it stands now, discipline is a partial dps-healing-bubbling spec with around 60% healing, 40% bubbles. i would like to see the healing bubble rates go to
80% bubbles, 20% healing.

Healing should be from PoM, Penance, spark of light, or attonement.

Spark of light is key, and i really feel its needed to make discipline a great spec again.

I would like to see this radius increaesd 5 yards, and prevents any mobs or hostile players from either

1) Targeting players in the circle or
2) Players/targets cannot enter it
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
http://i.imgur.com/XG8Vf.png

e: I really hope ezri was doing PVE since his glyphs are trash for PVP
Edited by Swagguh on 12/5/2012 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
No. That is all. No. I could explain all of the reasons these changes would not work, and i'm sure that others will bring their math cannons to bear, but obviously you just like hearing yourself speak. Therefore, no.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Is this a new one?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/06/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Taymage
Is this a new one?

Yes. It's like the song that never ends.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Maybe we can get permission to post music videos, just in these threads.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is a forum for current priest feed back. Here will be collective issues, and solutions posted by the community. I will start with addressing some of the important points, and problems that need to be fixed.

Sounds like it's working as intended.

Sounds like it's working as intended.

Unstable? It seems to be perfectly stable to me. Inconsistent maybe, but only because of mana tides. Mana tide shouldn't benefit it.

Why does this need to change?

What does this even mean?

I wonder how many priests even read the hotfix notes. It was buffed 133% recently and is actually pretty useful now.

It's boring. I wish there were more choices to make regarding efficiency, and more spells worth casting. It also happens to be completely overpowered right now because of endless mana and entirely too powerful absorbs.

There are a million and one "fixes" possible for every problem, and most of the "problems" you've listed here don't appear to be problems at all. Constraints, ie. abilities not being ideal for every situation, are what make the game interesting. What's more useful is actually explaining why you believe something is a problem.

PS. This:
No. That is all. No. I could explain all of the reasons these changes would not work, and i'm sure that others will bring their math cannons to bear, but obviously you just like hearing yourself speak. Therefore, no.

sums up all of your changes.
Edited by Maladii on 12/6/2012 4:06 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]