This is getting ridiculous.

90 Pandaren Monk
So, I'm sure there are many of you out there who have finished up your Tamer achievements. I'm still working on mine, and am getting quite tired of it. I don't feel it should take 4-5 attempts at each trainer, in Northrend and beyond, to beat one. My team is nicely structured, working together nicely. What's frustrating is killing all but one of the opponent's pets, just to have that one take out my whole team. This "lucky" pet gets awesome crits and I'll suddenly start missing all of my abilities. It's just lame. I guess as far as feedback goes, it's not that I want these tamers nerfed. Rather, I'd like to have more of the other pets buffed. I don't like being punished for not using the most OP group. There is a lot of room for creativity with team making. It should feel rewarding for coming up with a different combo that whatever is the current meta. We get enough of that with PvP and PvE. I don't want it in this.

/rant over :)
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
to be completely honest, I have not had any trouble nor felt the need of using 'op' pets to earn the tamer achievement.(except for aki....she gave me bit of hard time at first)
Edited by Tangla on 12/5/2012 6:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Get more 25s so you have more choice when it comes to countering them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Countering is part of the game! Expecting to easily beat each tamer with only 3 pets isn't very realistic. You'll be amazed at how when you have the right pets suddenly those "OP trainer pets" really aren't.

Browse the forums to find out what people think are the best pets in each family, learn what counters what (I made myself a cheat sheet off the info in the pet's tooltip about damage taken), and shoot for a variety. There's a reason there are umpteen million pets in game. The powers that be want us to use them!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hmm, I guess my next question is this: Those who have the tamers beat, did you level up different pets, or did you clear it with a the same three. I have a few friends who claim they cleared them with just 3 pets, no variety.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
it like expecting a team of pokemon to be able to beat every trainer with no effort. thats not the case. sometimes you need ot sub out to overcome a weakness or change up strategy a little
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I rolled over all the trainers bar surge.

I think you're just having bad luck. Totally have strats for everything Northrend and above to level pets on.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
I did clear them with the same three pets, but it makes it far to accomplish if you have a more varied team.

I used Phoenix Hatchling, Shimmering Wyrmling, and Feral Vermling for all the trainers.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
A few people used 3 pets. I didn't so you'd have to ask them what they used. They'd have to be some excellent pets with excellent team synergy not just 3 randomly put together ones, I'd imagine.

I made sure to have a variety of 25s before I hit pandaria. All the non Pandaria trainers I used a Panda Monk, Core Hound Pup, and Pterrordax Hatchling. All was good till Major Payne. After wiping 15 times (yes, I counted) before finally beating him I knew I better have some variety before attempting the Pandaria trainers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I was actually disappointed by the pandaren trainers. Major Payne was clearly there to enforce the use of proper mechanics/synergy/variaty to people who coasted through too easily.

Seriously, hate that guy. Make sure to destroy him daily in revenge.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/05/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Windsocks
Hmm, I guess my next question is this: Those who have the tamers beat, did you level up different pets, or did you clear it with a the same three. I have a few friends who claim they cleared them with just 3 pets, no variety.

Yes and No.

I started with pet A, if i find better replacement for that pet, I replaced with pet B and didn't bother using pet A. by the time I reached aki, I only had 4 lvl 25 pets. (I had to raise smmit kid to beat her)

If you just wanna have 3 pets to beat through everything. I would recommend Spirit Crab / Snarly or Toothy / Dragon pet.
Edited by Tangla on 12/5/2012 6:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Crimsonmage

I do! Revenge is esp sweeter now that I can have my Gilnean Raven go to town on him while he's sleeping! Darkness + Nocturnal Strike = Dead Baby Blizzard Bear.
Edited by Sesamee on 12/5/2012 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
grante,d i beat all the tamers up until the spirit tamers with uncommon mech pandaren whlpling, uncommon proto drake whelp and rare nether faerie dragon XD
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I was actually disappointed by the pandaren trainers. Major Payne was clearly there to enforce the use of proper mechanics/synergy/variaty to people who coasted through too easily.

with that RNG hax he is using, I occasionally lose to that guy...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/05/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Sesamee

I do! Revenge is esp sweeter now that I can have my Gilnean Raven go to town on him while he's sleeping! Darkness + Nocturnal Strike = Dead Baby Blizzard Bear.

So much so, when my minfernal lands on his mechanical (which has 400 Hp at that point, corrupted blood, and immolate/immolation on it) I yell "where is your god now Payne! RAWRGH! Crunch!".
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
The only trainer I had trouble with was Major Payne and as his name implies he's a major pita.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
12/05/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Tangla
to be completely honest, I have not had any trouble nor felt the need of using 'op' pets to earn the tamer achievement.(except for aki....she gave me bit of hard time at first)
This, and then Aki is easy if she goes critter/dragon/aquatic - use beast vs critter, let her dragon open up on your beast (it'll die), swap to human, nuke, take the first hit or two from the quatic (it'll die), nuke the aquatic with a flying. The hardest part about these dailies is remembering to rez everyone after the last battle (I do that a lot).

Payne is also stupid easy.
**Mecha gnome vs bear - punch til it sleeps, then use the 2 use rocket ability. Kill it and you still have ~40% hp left. Use that to soak up the mechanical's opener.
**Fel flame (or shale spider) vs mechanical - you hard counter it. GG. If using flame - Immo-Conflag dead. If using spider - Stone Skin-Poison Spit-Burn it to death. In both scenarios the left over dot is usually enough to kill it after it rezzes.
**Aquatic with pump and heal vs the elemental - pump hits very hard and it usually dies in 2 hits (4 rounds, 5 if you need to heal).
Edited by Cozzene on 12/5/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
12/05/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Cozzene
This, and then Aki is easy if she goes critter/dragon/aquatic - use beast vs critter, let her dragon open up on your beast (it'll die), swap to human, nuke, take the first hit or two from the quatic (it'll die), nuke the aquatic with a flying. The hardest part about these dailies is remembering to rez everyone after the last battle (I do that a lot).

Payne is also stupid easy.
**Mecha gnome vs bear - punch til it sleeps, then use the 2 use rocket ability. Kill it and you still have ~40% hp left. Use that to soak up the mechanical's opener.
**Fel flame (or shale spider) vs mechanical - you hard counter it. GG. If using flame - Immo-Conflag dead. If using spider - Stone Skin-Poison Spit-Burn it to death. In both scenarios the left over dot is usually enough to kill it after it rezzes.
**Aquatic with pump and heal vs the elemental - pump hits very hard and it usually dies in 2 hits (4 rounds, 5 if you need to heal).

all tamers are easy with right pets to counter. But, I think you are going bit off topic here.

This thread is about how to beat 'all' tamers without having to have specific counters for specific pet tamers.

I srsly recommend Spirit Crab + Snarly duo. I use em for all my dailies.
Reply Quote
92 Draenei Priest
My team is nicely structured, working together nicely

I don't feel it should take 4-5 attempts at each trainer

You sure about that?

I have the title as do most in this thread.

Sooo...maybe it's you.

No one's forcing you to do it - unless you are chained to your desk in a Chinese prison somewhere forced to play WoW.

Oh, and as of this armory viewing, you're using a Gazelle Fawn. I've yet to find a PvE trainer where a healer was necessary. That, and your cat is a common quality pet.

Think people, think!
Edited by Sventizz on 12/5/2012 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/05/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Sventizz
My team is nicely structured, working together nicely

I don't feel it should take 4-5 attempts at each trainer

You sure about that?

I have the title as do most in this thread.

Sooo...maybe it's you.

No one's forcing you to do it - unless you are chained to your desk in a Chinese prison somewhere forced to play WoW.

Oh, and as of this armory viewing, you're using a Gazelle Fawn. I've yet to find a PvE trainer where a healer was necessary. That, and your cat is a common quality pet.

Think people, think!

The armory isn't right. I'm using Frosty, my Tundra Penguin (The two go nicely together), and my Feline Familiar. All three are rare quality (got a stone for Jynx), and level 25. I don't mind it if it takes more than one attempt. I don't want it to be easy. RNG just feels too strong in this sometimes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]