This is getting ridiculous.

90 Human Priest
12/05/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Crimsonmage
Major Payne

Only one I really had trouble with, and even then he only beat me twice.

It's all about proper prep and composition. Stock up on counters, or even just find a few teams that really compliment eachother, and plan out a strategy for the battle beforehand.

Oh, and don't be afraid to keep resetting the fight until they send out whichever one you want to fight first. Helps a TON.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Unlike pokemon, the difference between our pets and the opponents' pets' stats is great enough that you really do have to seek out counters and hard counters in order to prevail. Don't be sad to bench your favorites when you're facing some of the rare-epic-legendary 25 trainers. Once you know the battles inside and out, you can start thinking about subbing in slightly lower level pets to get EXP, but if you're just trying to beat them for the first time, you want to put your best pets on the job.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
When I first started, I was leveling whatever pets I thought were the coolest...not really paying much attention to what I was coming up against. That worked up until 25 fairly well, but then when I started coming up against the epic trainers, I discovered pretty quickly that I had leveled pets that don't do particularly well against critters and beasts (which is what you mainly face in pve)... so I was getting rocked.

Spent some time, decided what my favorite pets for every class were and leveled them up. Now I can beat the trainers pretty consistently first try, often without even using 1 or 2 of my own. But yeah, you definitely have to counter them hard. They cheat! They use pets with much higher stats than you can ever get! Don't feel bad about countering them!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Regarding payne, I totally RNG'd him at level 23 lol. I didn't feel like waiting >:3
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I finished all of trainers except 2 in Pandaria with Gregarious Grell, Landro's Lichling and Landro's Lil' XT. Last 2 was a big problem and I started to level more pets. You just need more 25 lvl pets.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I just get frustrated with the RNG. For example, all week, I've had no problems with my team beating the trainer at the Darkmoon Fair. However, today, the monkey is killing my whole team. He stuns, then gets 3 attacks before I can even do a thing. It's just dumb at this point. I'm not sure it's worth it to waste pet bandages just to beat him and get nothing good in the bag.

I'm on attempt 5 now of the day. Every time, his monkey stuns and that's it. I'm using a Feline Familiar, but it's still not as fast. I don't like how stuns work in pet battles. If the opponent goes first, they stun. You get no action that turn. The following turn, no action. The next turn, they go first again. By that point, you've taken 3+ hits (depending on the ability). I think if the opponent goes first and stuns, they should either receive a speed reduction so that you can respond when you are no longer stunned, or the stun only last that round. It's highly frustrating to lose repeatedly because of one OP ability.
Edited by Windsocks on 12/6/2012 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Wind I'm sorry you are having a hard time but I completely 100% disagree with u.

I can see the problem your having and that's your team -.-. Though all those pets are wonderful in their own way, they are near useless in the team u have set up.

There isn't much variety in your team, and there is no synergy. Not one evasion move.

Your cat is very frail, the tankish talents just means he will die slightly later and deal crappy damage.

Lucky doesn't really have much of a place in your team. Healing is a losing game if it doesn't serve a purpose. Plus u have the talents of a staller on him but your other pets don't have any move sets that require some setup.

And Penguins are only really useful with other abilities that buff their own (aka blizzard users)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If you really want to keep using that team then try this talents.

-Reverse all of Lucky's talents.
-Reverse all of jynx's talents
-Keep your penguins talents

Play them this way.

Luckys Job- Keep ur healing buff up at all times -(not when facing water users)-stamped after-one shot with headbutt, Swap in to take over time damage spells-place healing buff-swap out to heal itself in back row

-Jynx's Job-Prowl- Call darkness (heavy hitter)

-Waddle's Job- Use Jynx's weather+Slippery Ice to make enemy miss like crazy.

That's all I can offer you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I've had good luck with Sprite Darter ->Infinite Whelpling -> counter pet. I've beaten all the tamers with that setup, alternating the last pet as needed. Sprite Darter beats up on anything slower than it (except mechanicals). It usually gets 1.5 pets down, then Infinite gets the kill and unleashes a huge Early Advantage (which also counters mechs) with 50% bonus damage. Finishing off the last pet is easy from there. You only really need the counters for Payne and Earth Spirit.

Or you can use a frog and keep fighting until you get a bunch of procs :P
Edited by Nepty on 12/6/2012 11:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Windsocks
I'm on attempt 5 now of the day. Every time, his monkey stuns and that's it. I'm using a Feline Familiar, but it's still not as fast. I don't like how stuns work in pet battles. If the opponent goes first, they stun. You get no action that turn. The following turn, no action. The next turn, they go first again. By that point, you've taken 3+ hits (depending on the ability). I think if the opponent goes first and stuns, they should either receive a speed reduction so that you can respond when you are no longer stunned, or the stun only last that round. It's highly frustrating to lose repeatedly because of one OP ability.

Oh and this, when he stuns do not touch the pass button. Wait after the stun, check to see if ur swap pet function is working (open close it) THEN pass. This should make it so u don't lose more then the one turn ur intended to lose.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Lol.. people creating posts on how difficult masters are and im QQing about how easy it was to get tamer and then spirit tamers... I feel like people have 3 -5 pets at lvl 25 and then QQ for not being able to defeat an NPC whose pets are always the same, with the same strat and same moves.... i mean, seriously? is it so hard to get a couple of other types to 25? took me 1 hour and a half to get 2 different pets to 25... 1 hour and a half... just that...
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I lost to my first tamer on the final guy of outlands. Which you know what felt just fine to me. It taught me i was going to need more than my main three. Than same thing for northrends final tamer. But panda lands tamers where very week it seemed. By that point i had taken a break an decided to level one of each type. So when i went to take them on i just picked what pets would work the best. When it came to the Elementals of Pandaria they felt hard and challenging which made it more special to win.(well water guy was chump)
Edited by Hydren on 12/6/2012 12:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have been able to beat all of the trainers, including Aki, with two pets.

Although, that being said, my third on Aki was a Level 21 Clockwork Gnome who unexpectedly ended up wrecking fools because of Lightning Storm.

Edit: I also haven't started the Spirit Tamers, so don't think I mean those.
Edited by Alicè on 12/6/2012 12:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I leveled specific pets for certain trainers. If I knew one was weak to a certain type, I went out and found that type and lvld it up. I did not necessarily stack a whole team to counter every pet though. I actually found that process part of the whole fun of it. It got me trying out different pets. I am not a big time pet collector (and I have zero purchased or tcg pets) or leveler but I do enjoy it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I do think it's a bit unfair we have to fight trainers with pets two rarities above the best we can obtain.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
12/06/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Vespero
I do think it's a bit unfair we have to fight trainers with pets two rarities above the best we can obtain.

They can't really think, they have to give them the stat advantage to make it a challenge.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
i'd been using a small group of 3 up until northrend;;
mechanical gnome, guardian cub, and crystal spider.

then there was the headless guy in northrend who literally tore me up, so I simply subbed in a 23 rare emerald turtle I had from pandaria, and went on my merry way till major payne.

I forget what combo I used against him but it took a lot of tries to beat him (mostly hoping for luck against the mechanopeep).

beyond payne though, none of the trainers were so difficult -- then again by that same token, I'd also leveled a rare flayer youngling, lil' rag, and have a couple other decent/nice rares at 22-23.

Having some variety helps if your main 3 suddenly don't work, or have great troubles. Sure you probably could do all the trainers with a set of 3 dream team, but unless or until I get that dream team, it's swapping pets in and out as the fight demands.
Reply Quote
Did it all with same 3 pets that I have in now.

Major Payne and Earth Spirit were the hardest.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wind I'm sorry you are having a hard time but I completely 100% disagree with u.

I can see the problem your having and that's your team -.-. Though all those pets are wonderful in their own way, they are near useless in the team u have set up.

There isn't much variety in your team, and there is no synergy. Not one evasion move.

Your cat is very frail, the tankish talents just means he will die slightly later and deal crappy damage.

Lucky doesn't really have much of a place in your team. Healing is a losing game if it doesn't serve a purpose. Plus u have the talents of a staller on him but your other pets don't have any move sets that require some setup.

And Penguins are only really useful with other abilities that buff their own (aka blizzard users)

so let me get this straight: There is no point to pet battles? I don't find fun in being forced into pets I don't like. Healing should be useful. As far as synergy goes, Frosty is great with my penguin. I've been looking at CC abilities, but I have bad luck with it. Usually, the opponent just dodges my attack. This is what I mean by RNG. It's really annoying to have to redo a fight that I can win any other time because RNG kills me. Frosty's bomb is awesome, and the most reliant stun I have atm. However, when their pet consistantly dodges it out of luck, I get frustrated. If pet battles are just going to be another bit of Pve or Pvp with having to use a certain meta-game to win, then I don't want to waste time with it. I was looking forward to this as a seperate mini-game, different from the norm that is WoW.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
If you did it with 3 pets, you probably got lucky in your pet selection. A team with a lot of variety and strengths vs. the common trainer pets will be able to pull it off. Others probably not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]