CCs and Threat

90 Human Warlock
First off, I'd like to apologize if this topic has been covered somewhere else and if it has can you please redirect me. The problem I'm running into is how exactly does CC work with threat? I know that in Cata there was a change made that made it so CC abilities no longer aggro groups when cast but once a mob has been CC'd can it be aggroed (without attacking it)? The reason I ask is my in-game experience has been inconsistent. On my mage sometimes I can sheep a mob and walk past it without getting aggro, other times I get aggro and they come after me when the sheep wears off. The same thing happens when I sleep mobs on my lock, but when I Ice trap mobs as my hunter I don't seem to have this problem. I originally thought once you cc'd a mob it was oblivious of your presence while the CC lasted (assuming you didn't attack it).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]