Blizzard there is a huge problem please fix

100 Human Paladin
There is something wrong with the Ret Paladin class brought on by the decisions of the Blizzard development team. It is so bad I believe someone on the development team hates someone on the team that is looking out for the Ret Paladin class and goes out of their way to make us miserable.
This is not I think or I feel statement. The Ret paladin is out DPSed by everyone with the the same or even lessor gear. The tanks do more damage than Ret does. The burst damage we provide is not sufficient enough to kill anything unless the other player is so poorly skilled. I have seen DPS meters where the Holy Paladin can out DPS the Ret. This Holy power/ inquisition sequence is so incredibly mundane and boring that it makes playing the class tedious.
In BG’s you can be feared, hurricane and trapped forever. Ret has one escape that has a forever cool down but other classes can CC you forever.
I guess they want us all to heal, they have nerfed the tank badly too. Why does a DK, late arrival to the game, have so many more superior stats that a Paladin can’t even touch.
I really do want to stay with the game after 7 years of play but the obvious differences in one class being more powerful than another isn’t worth dealing with any more. Why does Blizzard keep refusing to admit that there is a real problem?
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Paladin
I have never had a problem out dpsing people in higher gear than i have.

Im only hitting 480 ilvl, im bursting upwards of 180k, and idling at 80k'ish throughout the raid.

In pvp, I'm fairly unskilled, but when i arena, a HoJ on the healer and then a burst onto the dps wins most matches.

I see alot of QQ about ret pallies....but i dont know why.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you're being out dpsed by tanks then you're doing something really really wrong. You're extremely over the hit cap, under the expertise cap and you're using Glyph of Immediate Truth which coincidentally is an immediate dps loss.

Not gonna even attempt to touch the rest of your post.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
...Did you seriously make another one of these threads? Please, stop; you're just bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I have a 90 ret pally, couldn't dps worth a crap. And I DESPISE having to follow that guitar hero like addon clcret in order to even have a chance to hit mediocre dps.
It's just NOT fun to be made to hit a certain button at a certain time, along with mandatory CD that must be adhered to or your dps is in the toilet.

I would like some flexibility in choosing what I would like to attack with next, not having to follow a preset order ALL the time.
Also I was most miffed about the lack of scaling with the ret pally heals. A huge part of my enjoyment with the ret pally was my ability to heal. Great healing ability while leveling....Now my flash heal heals for 24-29K, what a joke.

Long story shortened, I re-rolled.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have a 90 ret pally, couldn't dps worth a crap. And I DESPISE having to follow that guitar hero like addon clcret in order to even have a chance to hit mediocre dps.
It's just NOT fun to be made to hit a certain button at a certain time, along with mandatory CD that must be adhered to or your dps is in the toilet.

I find this hilarious coming from a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Sry.... My re-roll was a warlock.
However the rogue 'fun' factor far surpasses that of the ret pally. But yes i do agree that the rogue dps is crap too. However for ganking people on the BG = priceless.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Dude I'm not very good at playing ret, and still I do okay. Quit being bad. Keep inquis up I bet that is 90% of your problem.

Also note that we are very bursty. Divine purpose can help smooth us out, but many feel it is a dps loss. So its really on you.

ES On cooldown is a must, especially if your an engineer. Macro your gloves to it.

If your not, macro 1 min str trinkets to it.

Properly stacking your 20 stack with GoAK and then using AW is a must.

Near 100% Inquis uptime is a must.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have played for a number of years myself, and my modus operandi for doing well in pvp was simple and fun:

1. Spend countless hours in battlegrounds and arena earning honor and conquest points.

2. Use points to buy awesome gear.

3. Own in pvp, top the boards for kills and damage.

It's just not like that anymore. I eagerly got honor and conquest gear, gemmed and enchanted everything, spent all sorts of time, effort, real life and in game money... just to remain being, well, ineffective in pvp. As Miss Tierna above me would probably dismiss me as "being bad," as a Paladin with five years of experience I would have to disagree. I used to do really well in pvp, but now I just feel powerless against basically every class.

So, I understand the whole balancing act of making classes fairly even across the board, and I appreciate that. I really don't even mind getting killed if I made a mistake, or if I come across another player that has better gear than I do.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Um, I'm no PvP expert, but why are you forging into mastery when it's still broken and double-dipping on resilience? Wouldn't crit be more effective?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
However, I do feel like I am consistently lacking; I take a lot of spell damage, I find myself stunned, snared, or incapacitated a very large portion of the time, my heals are ineffective, and my attacks do not really hurt my opponents. I'm not a theory-crafting scientist who comes up with complicated spreadsheets and numbers explaining dps and damage taken, but I can honestly say that I feel marginalized.

Playing as ret is not difficult; the skills are intuitive, and I basically know what to do against each class. Lately, though, even doing everything to the best of my ability, I have to face the facts; I am no longer a hard hitter, I can no longer sustain myself with heals, I take a lot of damage, and I feel like I'm wading through swamp water with all of these snares. We seem to be a broken class, and we need fixing.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Well, I guess I can change a few stat buffs here and there, but I don't know if it would really fix a broken spec. I think you're right about crit being better than mastery though, so I'll give that a try... though I sort of feel like I'm just setting myself up for disappointment again.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Rets are a joke in PVP and we are being targeted more than ever before. Why would a Warrior target anyone besides a RET. We can't heal ourselves much and without cool downs it's impossible to take them out. So, why not target us.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Hey Agincourt, I saw you in a BG last night, Eye of Storm I believe..... I dont know what your complaining about you did pretty good, went 7 and 2 or something like that, and your team steamrolled us, although I think I did kill you once :)

The damage I feel is OK for being a dps/healing hybrid, what I dont think is OK is our defenses. If our damage is supposed to be mediocre most of the time with short bursts of damage then we need to have some of our healing back.... or we need some sort of defensive stance like DKs and Warrs have... perhaps Righteous Fury could be a defensive stance of sorts... It took us FOREVER to get a slow which all the other melee classes had.... yet again we are STILL behind the curve... why are we always one step behind in development compared to everyone else? All the other melee types have a defensive stance they can go into but paladins do not...why is this? Is it truly developer neglect? do the devs really hate Retribution? and if so, why?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The ret pally hybrid class:
-doesn't excel at melee like a warrior.
- not a strong distance caster either, like a mage.
-weak heals.

In others words ret does a few different things, but nothing very well.

The ultimate reason I quit the ret was my survivability and heals went to crap at about level 88 and the damage output was not high enough to compensate for the reduction in healing that happened at high levels.

Just my 2 copper.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
-doesn't excel at melee like a warrior.
- not a strong distance caster either, like a mage.
-weak heals.

aka: hybrid tax
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
If you're being out dpsed by tanks then you're doing something really really wrong. You're extremely over the hit cap, under the expertise cap and you're using Glyph of Immediate Truth which coincidentally is an immediate dps loss.

Not gonna even attempt to touch the rest of your post.

Gonna have to quote this. The problem is the player, not the class.

The rest of the OP is just "Blizz hates [my class]!" drivel.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hey Agincourt, I saw you in a BG last night, Eye of Storm I believe..... I dont know what your complaining about you did pretty good, went 7 and 2 or something like that, and your team steamrolled us, although I think I did kill you once :)

Thanks but everyone here thinks I'm chit. I'll guarantee no one in the BG worked harder than me to get those 7 kills.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Complaint threads seem to get dog piled pretty quick.

OP I will say you need to learn to use your reforge capabilities. Not a single piece of gear reforged.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]