Blizzard there is a huge problem please fix

100 Blood Elf Paladin
You can't deny warriors have just as much utility especially on fights with physical damage not magic.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Reroll a warrior then?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I already stated I enjoy my paladin more, post more pointless posts please?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
As much baseline utility on physical fights, perhaps; health shout and demo banner versus HoP and HoSac, really, right? Difference is that a Paladin can spec for double usage of those spells, changing the ratio to 4:2 - 5:3 if you add in our SS and the Warrior's Safeguard.

Would still prefer the Ret Pally capable of handling all that appropriately over any faceroll FotM class/spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I always love the "Ret have hands to bring to the group so we aren't bad" comments.

LMAO!

WHO CARES ABOUT HANDS!?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Rùne

If you do, why are you complaining about your paladin, while praising warriors in every post?

12/06/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Angelista
WHO CARES ABOUT HANDS!?

Good players, and the rest of your group if you actually use them
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not saying rets aren't worth bringing at all, obviously I still get into raids just fine. What I'm saying is that the people crying have some point. (Not as bad as they potray it) But there are issues. Make DA give 20% reduction to all damage and give us a ~5% damage boost and I'll be more than happy.

12/06/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
If you do, why are you complaining about your paladin, while praising warriors in every post?

Simply stating the facts isn't me complaining about my paladin at all. I'm not a FOTM roller. The OP has some point, and it's not all an L2P issue. The Retribution spec is lacking at the moment.
Edited by Rùne on 12/6/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 08:47 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

WHO CARES ABOUT HANDS!?

Good players, and the rest of your group if you actually use them

Sweety, no one cares about a hand. You hardly even need to use them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Rùne
Simply stating the facts isn't me complaining about my paladin at all. I'm not a FOTM roller. The OP has some point, and it's not all an L2P issue. The Retribution spec is lacking at the moment.

Honey, pay him no mind. He is a trained parrot that echoes what he sees Lobster say on these forums.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Sweety, no one cares about a hand. You hardly even need to use them.

You might not, because you're fairly terrible

I use them all the time.

If the tank is good you don't need to use Hand of Salvation or Hand of Protection.

The only one that MIGHT be useful sometimes is sacrifice or freedom and that's a BIG maybe. So what group are you in where you are required to use hands "all the time"?

When I'm tanking and I have Rets in the group, they NEVER have to use a hand. Use a hand for what?
Edited by Angelista on 12/6/2012 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
f the tank is good you don't need to use Hand of Salvation or Hand of Protection.

The only one that MIGHT be useful sometimes is sacrifice or freedom and that's a BIG maybe. So what group are you in where you are required to use hands "all the time"?

Because there arent times when theres an 'oh )@(#*" moment right? Everyone in your group always plays 100% perfectly, perfect cooldown rotations, perfect healing, perfect dps?

They're situational, and when it hits the fan, I use whatever I can to help it not splatter everywhere.

Situational awareness is the key to our utility. Its not mindless button clicking.
Edited by Paladinchaz on 12/6/2012 9:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Because there arent times when theres an 'oh )@(#*" moment right?

That requires someone need Hand of Protection? NO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Angelista
Because there arent times when theres an 'oh )@(#*" moment right?

It could, what if an add is beating on the healer, and the tank is too far away to taunt or their taunt is on CD due to having to taunt something else?

HoP is a powerful cooldown
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

They're situational, and when it hits the fan, I use whatever I can to help it not splatter everywhere.

So explain to me a situation because the only situation I am coming up with in my mind in regards to pie is this:

Tank aggroes mobs/boss

Tank might lose aggro and taunts mob and gains aggro again

DPS kills mob

Healers heal

Where does the use or need for HoP, HoF, HoSalv come into play?

Only hand that would even be remotely feasible would be sacrifice and that's a big MAYBE
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

So explain to me a situation because the only situation I am coming up with in my mind in regards to pie is this:

Tank aggroes mobs/boss

DPS kills mob

Healers heal

Only hand that would even be remotely feasible would be sacrifice and that's a big MAYBE

More mobs than tank has taunts, mobs apply snares, mobs have a focus mechanic tanks cant get rid of, mobs have threat dumps etc.

Whens the last time you actually had a fight where the mobs actually just stood there and let you hit them?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/06/2012 09:06 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

It could, what if an add is beating on the healer, and the tank is too far away to taunt or their taunt is on CD due to having to taunt something else?

If taunt is on CD then throw your shield (or whatever move the tank has) at it. The healer is not going to get globaled by trash. They probably won't even get hit by the time your taunt comes off CD.

While bopping the healer is cute and all, it's far from a necessity and is by no means justification for paladins being crap.

"oh we are so useful because we have hands"

Feed that crap to someone else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Tank aggroes mobs/boss

DPS kills mob

Healers heal

More mobs than tank has taunts, mobs apply snares, mobs have a focus mechanic tanks cant get rid of, mobs have threat dumps etc.

Whens the last time you actually had a fight where the mobs actually just stood there and let you hit them?

Mobs hit me when I'm tanking they don't hit other people. The only mob that has no aggro mechanic is Garalon so don't even try to use that fight as an example.

Who cares about snares, the mobs are on the tank ANYWAY! THe mobs are going nowhere and neither is the tank. LOL!

And anything that HoF can do a dispel can do just as well.

Hands are not needed and rarely ever need to be used unless you are grouped with terrible people I suppose with a tank that can't hold aggro at all.
Edited by Angelista on 12/6/2012 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

If taunt is on CD then throw your shield (or whatever move the tank has) at it. The healer is not going to get globaled by trash. They probably won't even get hit by the time your taunt comes off CD.

While bopping the healer is cute and all, it's far from a necessity and is by no means justification for paladins being crap.

"oh we are so useful because we have hands"

Feed that crap to someone else.

Perhaps if you have actually raided, you would know that there are adds in fights that can hit quite hard.

And there are times when a tank doesnt have something to use.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The tank should be keeping aggro. LOL!
Hands are not needed. You are just trying to make yourself seem more useful than you actually are by bringing them up as "raid utility".

LOL. Please..

LOL @ you telling me that sometimes a tank doesn't have something to use to get mob aggro. That's a lie. I tank. I know. I can ALWAYS get aggro if I need to. No if and or buts.

I don't need a Hand of Protection LOL!
I have my own and I never have to use them.

Do you wanna know what I use my HoP and Salvation for?
AGGRO WH0rez. DPS that purposely do everything they can to constantly rip aggro from the tank because it makes them feel leet.

I cast HoP on them in conjunction with salvation and I laugh at them as they just stand there doing nothing for 10 seconds wondering why they are bubbled. LMAO!

Hands in PVE are so useless. They are like the human appendix. It comes with the human body but you don't need it at all and would be just fine if it were to be removed
Edited by Angelista on 12/6/2012 9:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]