Getting PVP Flagged During Sha of Anger?

90 Pandaren Monk
I've only done Sha once - is this what goes on? I'm on a PVE server, and I was assigned to off-tank Sha of Anger. We pulled the mob, and the Alliance apparently had *just* arrived in the zone and were trying to get a raid together. They apparently got upset that we were fighting it, so several of them PVP flagged themselves, and jumped into the middle of the raid. I used Keg Smash on the adds (without realizing what was going on), which in turn hit the flagged alliance, which apparently in turn flagged me for PVP, so they killed me (I had to check the "what happened to me" since I couldn't figure out why I died). Is that normal?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I doubt that is what happened. Someone in your raid was PVP flagged and you caused some sort of beneficial effect on them. A buff, a heal, anything you do to benefit a PVP-flagged person in your group will flag you for PVP even if it is something like replenishment that automatically procs on nearby people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ah... I remember being /PvP the entire time I played on a PvE Server. So fun getting people flagged.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Tawnos, thanks for that, I didn't realize that (and good to note for the future), but in this case, I didn't. I was in tank spec, and didn't even cast the monk buff beforehand since somebody else cast it. I didn't do anything to anybody in the group at all before we engaged.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/05/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Kardona
Ah... I remember being /PvP the entire time I played on a PvE Server. So fun getting people flagged.
We had a special name for people like you.

Poser.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]