Fix Shaman Totems or remove blanket silences

85 Human Paladin
Blanket silences are a TERRIBLE design.

You remove them from warriors? But keep them on mages? and DKs?
And priest?

What?

STUPID.

Resto shamans went from good healers, too worst healers.

Stun > 6 sec strang > 5 sec priest silence > Dead
Reply Quote
I just wish they couldn't tremor while feared
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
How are you supposed to kill resto shaman without CC/silences? One cast and they are back to full HP...

I will agree that silences are annoying, but they are necessary..
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Verandra, you're missing the point.

They are necessary but not on TOTEMS.

Totems = shaman cds like a bubble or iceblock.

Put Pally bubble on CD when silenced and watch all the holy paladins drop from r1 to 1500 rating.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

And priest?

What?

STUPID.

The thing is they're not very likely to remove blanket silences, they consider it to be skillful.

Heres the problem I have with this issue, I do not believe shamans should be capable of using their healing totems while silenced. I am perfectly fine with them using their utility totems though.

But lets face it, healing stream/tide shouldn't be usable while silenced, the rest should.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Are resto shaman actually dying now? If so, then the change worked. Shaman were far too difficult to kill before this change.

The only negative is that the nerf screwed over elemental and enhance.. but they should be used to that by now.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The nerf screwed over dps specs of shaman that were already underperforming in competitive pvp.

The real change that needed to be made was to have Spirit Link Totem and Healing Tide Totem share an activation cooldown, similar to how the Elemental Pet totems work.

This prevents them from being cast at the same time, which solves the main issue that was the problem of restoration shaman's power.

Furthermore, totemic vigor could have just been removed from the game as well, putting totems back down to auto-attacking range by any class.

Totems were made into physical abilities in WotLK because Shaman were literally !@#$ on during silences. They only started to show up as prominent healers until after that change had been made.

Enhancement and Elemental have had a few gimmick teams to reach 2200+ but have consistently been underperforming specs of pvp, and this nerf only hurts them.

There were other ways to adjust restoration in pvp, and Blizzard knew it. They just went with what was the easiest and least time-consuming, disregarding the impacts it had on already poorly represented specs.

I guarantee you if Blizzard took the time to fix Elemental and Enhancement for pvp, you'd see the number of restoration shaman in competitive pvp drop by almost half.
Reply Quote
yeah lets try to kill a healer without silences.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Raw

It's call an interrupt.

Please learn the difference of a blanket silence and an interrupt before you come in sounding stupid.
Reply Quote

It's call an interrupt.

Please learn the difference of a blanket silence and an interrupt before you come in sounding stupid.

not this kid again..

guys he is really mad because a mage killed him..

if you read the post he says leave the silence on mages, and since we only have 1 silence, how would we even get close to kill a healer if they remove it?
Edited by Raw on 12/5/2012 2:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

And priest?

What?

STUPID.

hm... you're talking about unholy DK that has no burst at all here? Ghoul stun 3 sec, 2min CD strangulate that you can trinket, priest silence half duration cause of DR. So you're going to pretend that 3 seconds stun and a half duration priest silence killed you from full health when unholy DK has around 10% crit chances and doesn't have a single hard hitting ability aside from soul reaper if it does end up ticking? There are missing parts in this story. Even though I agree blanket silences are annoying and am lvling my 4th 90 ATM (resto shaman) so I wouldn't mind this change to be reverted although we know it won't happen.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Please recognize that not a single restoration shaman holds ground in saying they did not need a nerf.

Almost all concerns about the totem nerf are coming from Enhancement and Elemental shaman getting completely dicked the !@#$ over by not only the reduction in hybrid off-spec healing, but also this totem nerf.

There were ways to nerf restoration without affecting the other two specs, which prior to 5.1 were underperforming, and post 5.1 are REALLY underperforming.

As for healers not being able to cast anything while silenced:

Paladins can wait the silence out or pop Divine Shield
Druids can shapeshift into bear form, using any melee related talents they may have ( for whatever reason they have them )

So really Priests and Shaman get screwed the most during silences.

However, as stated, all shamans complaining about this change are DPS shaman. Resto needed a nerf. This was the incorrect way to nerf them.

Or, go all the way and prevent druids from shapeshifting and paladins from using divine shield when silenced.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/05/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Yossarion
I just wish they couldn't tremor while feared

in the past we couldnt, but our tremor had no CD so we literally had to keep putting it down as people who feared would kill it before they feared.
Reply Quote
1 Human Hunter

And priest?

What?

STUPID.

The priest and DK one are fine. They're decently long CDs. The mage one is not fine. The mage one needs to be a major glyph, not be baseline, and it needs to increase the CD on counterspell by 4 seconds (i.e. offset the 2-piece bonus).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because Blanket Silences are necessary.

We have an arms race, every class has atleast one interupt and multiple instant CC

if we had to hard cast everything, the amount of charges, interupts to juke and instant cc you would hardly ever get anything off.

So they made instant spells, and procs, and they became prodominant

Then there needs to be a way to stop it, hence silences.

I with silences were gone.

I really do.

Also, dont pretend gag order was the same situation.

Warrior interupts

Pummel 15

Charge 12

Shock wave 20

Disrupting shout 40

Intimidating shout 1 min

I dont think they needed the blanket silence from Heroic throw, think they will be just fine

Also... Spell reflect, possibly one 25 sec CD 1 1 min CD

Warriors had a lil too much control.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Alright, noticed some of you guys aren't reading correctly.

To the mage complaining you wouldn't have a silence.

I'm saying you need to change your BLANKET silence into an INTERRUPT.

And to the dk talking about unholy dks.

Where did I state the DK was unholy?

He was frost.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, noticed some of you guys aren't reading correctly.

To the mage complaining you wouldn't have a silence.

I'm saying you need to change your BLANKET silence into an INTERRUPT.

And to the dk talking about unholy dks.

Where did I state the DK was unholy?

He was frost.

Interupts arent as good as they used to be, there is a valid complaint at this state in the game that every thing is instant.

The only one removed, didnt need it, they have enough ways to lock someone down.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Lmao people actually think Shamans are rock-bottom since the change. Sorry your butt hurts after getting kicked off the god pedestal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]