Can you make $$ off alchemy?

74 Blood Elf Hunter
So i just started leveling alchemy already at 210 at max alchemy level can you make $$?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I do pretty good.... Yesterday I had 3 Golden Lotus, I made them into Flask got X1 X5 X2 , So 8 total... Sold all 8 for 150G

That's not normal... I've seen X4 a month ago.. But usually every 4th one doubles...

And I just farm Motes to buy golden lotus...
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I was never able to make money with alchemy at 525, but at 600 you should be fine. I understand the best strategy is to become a transmutation master, then buy cheap stuff on the auction house that you can transmute into expensive stuff. Apparently trillium is good.
Reply Quote
78 Human Warrior
Yes sir, I do just fine with Elixir Mastery. Just monitor your AH to see what sells.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I make money with all three alchemy specializations.
Flasks sell for around 250
Stacks of potions sell for 350
Living steel sells for 400
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Can you make gold with alchemy, yes. But you have a lot of competition from individuals who mistakenly believe that the herbs they gather themselves are free or who sell mastery procs for below the item crafting cost which brings down the market value.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Mediocre, I just use it for trillium bars and living steel. I could go the elixir route too depends on competition. I just stay transmute anyway works for me. It's not a bad profession to have. If it was more of a "main" toon of mine yeah I would go elixir master. Transmute is nice for a brainless login once a day, do my cooldown, logout kind of thing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I make quite a bit of money selling flasks.

I find that stacks of 5-10 flasks listed on Tuesday morning/afternoon sell quite well.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
12/06/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Swarrzk
Mediocre, I just use it for trillium bars and living steel. I could go the elixir route too depends on competition. I just stay transmute anyway works for me. It's not a bad profession to have. If it was more of a "main" toon of mine yeah I would go elixir master. Transmute is nice for a brainless login once a day, do my cooldown, logout kind of thing.

Don't forget Titanium. If Living Steel doesn't sell well, transmuting Water to Air to make Essence of Air can be quite profitable.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Since I am transmutation spec, I transmute living steel.
Sometimes i do pop for Living Steel x 4.

It's good profit.

Flasks only work 65-75G on my server, it's better to sell the Golden Lotus which goes for 125G lol. go figure.
Reply Quote
21 Pandaren Shaman
12/05/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Lubeit
So i just started leveling alchemy already at 210 at max alchemy level can you make $$?

Alchemy hass seen better times (and profits) right now all depends if you can get the transmutation mats for a low price (or even good luck in the transm proc)

Also, many players are so focused in the endgame that normally forget that other players are leveling and may need some older mats, do not bypass the oportunity of selling old (and expesive transmutations) like arcanite bars, old meta gems, etc. You will be surprised of the demand in some cases and when there is NO competition you can put the price (a high one)

ps: Sorry for my grammar i am currently learning english
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
Hyemin:
ps: Sorry for my grammar i am currently learning english

Your grammar is mostly very good, apart from a shortage of commas, and certainly better than mine in any non-English language.

But while your character is still at level 18, someone should warn you that your name sounds like part of the...how can I say this without the forum censoring me..."female reproductive system" in English.

Not that I would judge you, or care at all, if that was intentional. I just thought you should know.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hard to say on profitability right now, prices seem to be adjusting themselves following the nerf to mining / herb nodes.

Ghost Iron Bars for example, used to be pages and pages of 20 stack auctions on my AH, now there's like maybe 1 page of 20stacks, and prices are moving because of it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Alchemy on my realm has little to no profit or just breaking even with profit off of the procs... There was the like 50g a day profit from living steal if you didn't get a proc. I just switched to JC, while not as profitable as Cata it still rakes in more that Alch did..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You can make money now with your current skill by making swiftness potions
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Arcanite bars, intellect potions, flasks, trillium, titanium bars. I sell a couple of dozen arcanite bars a week. Profit isn't high, but profit margin is great!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]