PSA: Why Dks will NOT be fine

90 Human Death Knight
I've been seeing the argument that dks will be fine as soon as other classes have their burst toned down. That's an ok argument, but nothing has had burst toned down this far into the xpac so I really doubt that will ever end up happening. The real reason dks will continue to be bad even if other classes are nerfed is because we were pretty bad in S11 too. UH dks were viable, but frost was almost as bad in high end arena as it is now. Now, consider that UH is WEAKER than frost is now. If UH were still strong, maybe toning burst down would help it, but frost, the stronger spec now, had bad representation even before MoP launched.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Stampede burst was toned down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Personally I like frost. Remorseless winter was the best thing they did for DKs. If you can time it right you can shread the enemy in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately if they trink out of it or use and skill that removes movement imparing effects we are up S H I T creek without a paddle in a barbwire cannoooooo.

Chains of ice is useless. Iv seen pallys still out run me with chillblains & chains of ice with a D&D down. All i can do is /wave & stand there looking stupid & maybe throw in a howling blast to make it look like im doing something productive.

I average a 50% win ratio in arena but its alot of effort. Constantly switching between blood presence and frost presence gets annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Personally I like frost. Remorseless winter was the best thing they did for DKs. If you can time it right you can shread the enemy in a matter of seconds. Unfortunately if they trink out of it or use and skill that removes movement imparing effects we are up S H I T creek without a paddle in a barbwire cannoooooo.

Chains of ice is useless. Iv seen pallys still out run me with chillblains & chains of ice with a D&D down. All i can do is /wave & stand there looking stupid & maybe throw in a howling blast to make it look like im doing something productive.

I average a 50% win ratio in arena but its alot of effort. Constantly switching between blood presence and frost presence gets annoying.

Haha not sure which enemies you are playing against...but no even slightly decent player is dumb enough to get hit with that CC.
Edited by Influencce on 12/5/2012 7:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I can't wait to see all the threads after dks are buffed with DKs defending their class saying "UR JUST MAD THAT WE'RE FINALLY VIABLE!11!1"

I'm so excited!

I'm trying to figure/...

Do you mean the last yr+ on have if lucky a 5% rating on any bracket? We need as a DK a def buff//.. unless they gut the frontloaded junk atm.. but that will take 5.1,5.2.5.3 & 5.4..
Reply Quote
86 Human Paladin

Remorseless winter is !@#$, its just a fail version of our former hungercold.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
12/05/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Solarfläre
Remorseless winter is !@#$, its just a fail version of our former hungercold.

Aint even baseline to boot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I can't wait to see all the threads after dks are buffed with DKs defending their class saying "UR JUST MAD THAT WE'RE FINALLY VIABLE!11!1"

I'm so excited!

yep just like rogues did at the end of cata saying it wasnt that they were totally broken but legendary weapons that made them out of control.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]