61% resil vs Frostbomb

90 Undead Priest
http://i46.tinypic.com/azbek4.jpg

So, about about those frost mages aye? Although I died purely to fault in my play, I'm curious how they can manage to hit so damn hard.
Now, I don't want to complain about how I died to this frostbomb as I definitely could've survived it if I had been quicker with dispersion, but is that kind of damage really acceptable? Even with full cooldowns, it seems very strong.
Reply Quote
73 Human Rogue
Clearly outplayed
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Obviously an L2P issue on your part. . .

*Pro tip Pillars are your friend - L2LOS or something. ^ ^ jk jk <3
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
Ah yes the balance

"We must nerf chaos wave NaO!" -GC

"Great idea sir! Should we nerf frost bomb too seeing as it's been hitting just as hard?" -Foolish intern

-GC just stares at the poor interns head intensely until it EXPLODES-

"So yeah just nerf chaos wave. Is that cool with everyone?" -GC
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Obviously should've dispelled yourself within the ~0.0045 second window allocated to you due to server lag between the Frost Bomb landing on you and the Mage's Fireblast landing on you (and thus detonating the Frost Bomb due to the glyph.)

l2p
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/05/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Xenatar
Lol let the mage freecast, and 2s srs. 61% res is not enough, you need 66%+

Like I said, I could have survived that If I was faster. In fact I would have been fine for a while after it. What I'm trying to show here is the frostbomb damage. Do you actually think it's Ok for them to do that much damage that quickly? Also, I should be swapping gems for more resil soon but even with 10% more resil I still would have been crit for 150k
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
12/05/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Xenatar
Lol let the mage freecast, and 2s srs. 61% res is not enough, you need 66%+

Joking or troll
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman
Frost Bomb is just to powerful for being capable of self detonation.

If frost bomb actually required more setup, like using up the healers dispell before deeping/applying frost bomb. The problem with frost bomb is less about the damage, and more about it having hardly any setup.

If they took out the fire blast glyph at least frost bomb could be dispelled more often.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Working as intended
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
fun and fair
Reply Quote

If frost bomb actually required more setup, like using up the healers dispell before deeping/applying frost bomb. The problem with frost bomb is less about the damage, and more about it having hardly any setup.

If they took out the fire blast glyph at least frost bomb could be dispelled more often.

So your saying that applying a effective frost bomb does not require setup? like forcing trinket/bubble/tree/bark skin/dispersion/ams/cloak of shadows before you can actually open start setting up some form of CC and positioning to get a bursted bomb, orb, deep, and detonate without anyone else interfering. So, in fact it requires a large amount of setup to achieve numbers like these and kills. seeing as how any healer left out of a cc for a split second can take away everything you have spent the entire match setting up. and then even if you could get a 175k frost bomb a healer uses 2 globals to give someone 250k+ in healing.
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

So your saying that applying a effective frost bomb does not require setup? like forcing trinket/bubble/tree/bark skin/dispersion/ams/cloak of shadows before you can actually open start setting up some form of CC and positioning to get a bursted bomb, orb, deep, and detonate without anyone else interfering. So, in fact it requires a large amount of setup to achieve numbers like these and kills. seeing as how any healer left out of a cc for a split second can take away everything you have spent the entire match setting up. and then even if you could get a 175k frost bomb a healer uses 2 globals to give someone 250k+ in healing.
CC on a healer then deep the DPS, he is either forced to blow defensives or eat the frost bomb.

It really hardly has any setup, there is some, but not enough to balance out the fact it hits so hard.

Also not all healers are capable of 250k healing in two globals.
Reply Quote

CC on a healer then deep the DPS, he is either forced to blow defensives or eat the frost bomb.

It really hardly has any setup, there is some, but not enough to balance out the fact it hits so hard.

Well, what i don't think your understanding is that you only have ~20 seconds to get a 100k+ frost bomb on a target, which is on a 8 second CD so if you get dispelled you have wasted half your burst, if they use a defensive ability, you have wasted your burst. if you get stuck in any back to back CC your burst is gone. yes, a mage could polly healer deep dps and try to put a 2 second cast on a 4 second deep with global CDs and barely make the detonation on frozen target if lucky, and then get a 45k frost bomb. seems like a lot of return for the "setup"
Reply Quote
1 Troll Shaman

Well, what i don't think your understanding is that you only have ~20 seconds to get a 100k+ frost bomb on a target, which is on a 8 second CD so if you get dispelled you have wasted half your burst, if they use a defensive ability, you have wasted your burst. if you get stuck in any back to back CC your burst is gone. yes, a mage could polly healer deep dps and try to put a 2 second cast on a 4 second deep with global CDs and barely make the detonation on frozen target if lucky, and then get a 45k frost bomb. seems like a lot of return for the "setup"
Mages put bomb up before deep, at least smart mages.

The problem with the setup is it is to forgiving, deep and bomb both being on a very short cooldown.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
Mages are scary yes and caused about 80% of my 3's loss when I gave it a shot this season with War/Feral. Even if I saved a DPS getting burned through the first burst usually through bubble and some CD's I would not live the second when they hit me. Get me down to 80% -> FB -> DF -> Burst -> Ring around me, am now at 30-40% -> Silence -> dead :(

Needless to say i'm going to stick to RBG's for now as I dread mage teams :( and shudder at Mage/SP or lock/Druid, ahh double silence!!!

Aside from mages pvp power needs to be toned down it seems, I don't know why it scales twice as good as Res. Gemmed DPS are getting 56% power and gemmed for Res if you did do that, would be 66% so we only get about 10% total Res?
Edited by Bräxt on 12/5/2012 7:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
12/05/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Doomboxqt
outplayed
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
12/05/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Gasleak
Mages put bomb up before deep, at least smart mages.

lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]