what do I need to get back into the dungeons?

90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm at level 81 and I got the catalysm but I no longer have access to any dungeons because they're all locked, is there something else I need to upgrade to fight in dungeons again? Please provide specific details, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
If you mouse over the items in the drop down or the specific instances, it will tell you why you can't queue for them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I did but there's locks on the dungeons, before there weren't any locks, I don't understand why there's locks on dungeons that I've gone in before?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
it's cuz of your crummy item level. missing head, main hand. bad trinket. and the rest of your gear is from northrend i think
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
12/04/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Athiena
I did but there's locks on the dungeons, before there weren't any locks, I don't understand why there's locks on dungeons that I've gone in before?

Right, but if you mouse over the locks a tooltip should pop up to tell you what is preventing you from queueing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/04/2012 09:23 PMPosted by Athiena

Some instances, if you choose to run it specifically, locks you out from selecting it again for a time, most notably heroics.

If this is the case:

12/04/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Nixxe
Right, but if you mouse over the locks a tooltip should pop up to tell you what is preventing you from queueing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Sounds like you had gear in your bags that set you over the ilvl needed to enter and then cleared out your bags after however many runs you did. Just quest or buy boe's off the AH to get your ilevel back up to snuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
@ Mohabu: I don't want to quest, I'd preferred to do dungeons because I find it more fun. Can you clarify what you meant by "...buy boe's off the AH..."?

FYI, right up to level 80 I was able to do random dungeons then after that I was only able to do specific dungeons because my level items was averaging around 167 and I had to have items averaging 227. Has anyone had this situation before?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
12/05/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Athiena
"...buy boe's off the AH..."?

boe is Bind On Equip. Your Snowmelt Silken Cinch is an example. They are not soulbound until they are equipped. They drop at random. You can buy and sell them on the Auction House until they are equipped for the first time.

People sell them at the Auction House rather than sell them to a NPC Vendor because they can get more for them selling to other players. You may not find what you need on the AH as it requires people to be selling them. Typically you can find a few reasonably priced pieces to help with your ilevel

You can also buy glyphs from the AH. A couple could improve your performance and make questing quicker if you choose to do that.

12/05/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Athiena
Has anyone had this situation before?

Yes. Level 80 is the start of Cata. There is a jump in gear level right there. Cata gear is much better than what you have right now. A few quests at Mt. Hyjal and some luck at the AH should put you back into the instances rather quickly.
Reply Quote
You first get to Cataclysm levels (80 to 85), the gears you had from the previous expansions (eg. Wrath of the Lich King) will not have the required ilevels to enter Cataclysm dungeons.

You will need to get better gears in order to qualify.

To do this, you will need to go questing in the following areas:
- Hyjal.
- Deepholm.
- Vashj'ir.

I recommend doing Hyjal first, the zone is easy and quests drop good Cataclysm gears. The do Deepholm next. I hate questing in Vashj'ir but it is a refreshing change because it is underwater. Worth a look but do Hyjal first.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks so much for the info. I will try theses out! :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]