Okay seriously what is up with 28.5 gold?

90 Pandaren Mage
Seriously?

This is like a bad joke your friends play on you. For weeks now all you get for dropping a boss in LFR is 28.5 gold.

WHAT THE HELL?

If you're going to give us nothing but gold at least make it like 100 gold or something to cover repair bills but what are we supposed to do with 28.5 gold?

You're actually better off finding some grey archaeology finds (yes, grey) that can NPC for 100-200 gold.

Third week in a row, 16 LFR bosses down, 28.5 gold from each of them, gold from all coins rolled.

./rant
Reply Quote
95 Human Priest
Not sure if you remember, but back in Dragon Soul you also got roughly 28.5g per boss kill that you looted from the boss. You're not "winning" anything, you're getting the gold you'd normally get from killing a boss.

It's not a bonus, it's the baseline. The fact that they try to portray it as a bonus is hilarious.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Maybe they should just put a button "complain about gold" when you get it

if you click it, you stop getting gold.

When you add it up, you're around 700 gold between bosses and the end credit.

I usually make the joke they can use the gold to buy gems and enchants, but the OP isn't a slacker.
Edited by Postonforums on 12/5/2012 12:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
5 LFR drops and a Galleon drop?

Q !@#$ing Q.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I run every looking for raid available every week on this character, with exception to all but Elegon on MV for the trinket he never drops. Since I hit 90 first week and was in LFR the minute it opened, for all of them.. I think that the below is really god damn sad.

If it weren't for that last sentence, I'd think you were bragging instead of complaining.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I'd rather get 28.5g than the 16g bracers and necklaces that I seem to be all I'm winning lately that are lower ilvl than my current gear. We need a "just gimme the gold button."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I just thought I'd come in here with my 8 pieces of loot won in LFR last week, along with tier pants from Sha.

Now if only I could find a decent raid for this guy that isn't on a Tuesday or Thursday, then it would actually make a difference. /sigh
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
12/05/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Músazz
I'd rather get 28.5g than the 16g bracers and necklaces that I seem to be all I'm winning lately that are lower ilvl than my current gear. We need a "just gimme the gold button."

oh yea cuz you can't just DE the gear and sell the Sha crystal for idk 450-600 g depending on your realm, right?
Edited by Ghettobaby on 12/5/2012 5:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

oh yea cuz you can't just DE the gear and sell the Sha crystal for idk 450-600 g depending on your realm, right?

Right!

Like most people, I can't just DE the gear and sell the Sha crystal.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
5 LFR drops and a Galleon drop?

Q freaking Q.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Ghettobaby
cover repair bills

Why are you needing gold for repair bills in LFR?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

This is like a bad joke your friends play on you. For weeks now all you get for dropping a boss in LFR is 28.5 gold.

Seem to me that's 28.5 gold more than you had before the boss dropped.

Third week in a row, 16 LFR bosses down, 28.5 gold from each of them, gold from all coins rolled.

./rant

LFR exists for bads like me to have a chance to have at glimpse at what you end-game raiders are doing. It's not meant as a source of gear.

If you are that concerned about the colour of your pixels, stick with normal/heroic raids and leave LFR to us non-raiders.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
12/05/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Ghettobaby
If you're going to give us nothing but gold at least make it like 100 gold or something to cover repair bills

100g covers...what? Eight wipes? You wipe eight times per boss in LFR?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Why is the gold inside a bag?
There's nothing else in those bags EXCEPT gold, right?

Is it a psychological thing... Blizzard knows that most people will be more excited opening a bag, maybe getting an item. But they know, and we know, it's only gold.

You can't fool me with your mind games.
Edited by Zionic on 12/5/2012 10:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I want it all...
I want it all...
I want it all...
And I want it now
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I think they should just remove the gold consolation prize altogether. That way you get absolutely nothing if your coin fails.

Then we get to see threads about how 28.5 gold is better than nothing (which it always has been).
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warlock
12/05/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Subrosian
If you opened a bag and it had nothing, would you make a post asking for your gold?
Reply Quote
88 Human Warlock
The bag of gold should have a chance at being empty or it should trigger a trap releasing deadly poison gas that kills you and inflicts durability loss.

Then you whiny morons will REALLY have something to sob about.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]