give heroic throw some use!!!!

90 Human Warrior
since 5.1 camed out heroic throw is now completly useless...
55% weapon damage and nothing at all...

Blizz give something witch will make it usefully somehow
a silgth snare or interupt orbiger damage or a f....g rainbow effect...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
I killed a mage with it in arena last night. He was really low, rooted me, blinked away and my heroic throw finished him off.

It has its uses.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
yeah in extremely rare cases...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/05/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Tyrexicus

We're a melee class, any ranged option should be extremely rare cases. Pick stormbolt if you want a useful ranged ability.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
since 5.1 camed out heroic throw is now completly useless...
55% weapon damage and nothing at all...

Blizz give something witch will make it usefully somehow
a silgth snare or interupt orbiger damage or a f....g rainbow effect...

Rainbow? Turn in your beard, sir. Or at least race change to belf - we expect that kind of nonsense from their kind.

(but yes, hthrow is frakking horrible for a 30 second cd)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
To think, in Wrath and Cataclysm, Heroic Throw used to do competitive damage, and was influenced by attack power. Good threat generating for tanking, too.

The concept on putting that with a VERY low weapon damage actually makes it kind of worthless, outside of PvE Gag Order on spellcasters in a pull, and in term of threat/damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/05/2012 05:14 AMPosted by Khamûl

We're a melee class, any ranged option should be extremely rare cases. Pick stormbolt if you want a useful ranged ability.

I'm just going to throw out there that the only melee class that has ranged options as limited as ours is Rogue. All other melee have some options to deal with enemies at a range if they need to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
DKs ar meele as well and yet they got grip, coil, howling blast, icy tuch, ranged root, ranged silence,+minions

Paladins ar meeles and they got judgement, hammer of wrath, exorcism, executions sentence+guardian

enhancement shamans ar meeles and they got every ranged spells instant or fast cast time, ranged root, and shocks, + pets

windwalker monks has jade ligthning, ranged disarm, deadly reach, chi burst, diffuse magic, +tiger.

explain why ar these meele classes has ranged abbilitys more usefull than heroic throw...
i don't ask much, moore use for heroic throw. And not in rare circumstances...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
WARRIUHZ DON'T NEED KNAW STANKIN' RANJED!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

I'm just going to throw out there that the only melee class that has ranged options as limited as ours is Rogue. All other melee have some options to deal with enemies at a range if they need to.

Other melee are "magical" in nature.

12/05/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Tyrexicus
DKs ar meele as well and yet they got grip, coil, howling blast, icy tuch, ranged root, ranged silence,+minions

They’re magical in nature. Undead, supernatural beings.

Paladins ar meeles and they got judgement, hammer of wrath, exorcism, executions sentence+guardian

Magical.

enhancement shamans ar meeles and they got every ranged spells instant or fast cast time, ranged root, and shocks, + pets

Magical.

windwalker monks has jade ligthning, ranged disarm, deadly reach, chi burst, diffuse magic, +tiger.

Don’t know enough about the lore but from what I’ve seen while running around Pandaria they seem mystical in nature.

explain why ar these meele classes has ranged abbilitys more usefull than heroic throw...
i don't ask much, moore use for heroic throw. And not in rare circumstances...

We hit people with swords, axes and hammers. Not our fists. We don’t summon ghouls, beams of holy light, magical tigers, we don’t cast spells, we don’t have bubbles, absorbs, or life syphoning abilities. We wear a shield when we need to protect ourselves.
Edited by Khamûl on 12/5/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Other melee are "magical" in nature.

Those goalposts, I can feel them shifting beneath my feet!

You made a balance argument (we are melee, therefore we don't have good ranged abilities), so I responded from the perspective of balance.

Making the argument that other classes are magical in nature has no bearing on WoW. It does not require being magical in nature to have ranged capability. See: Hunters. Nobody's asking for Warriors to be shooting lightning from their asses and breathe fire, just to have a ranged ability that we already have to not be absolutely terrible.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

You made a balance argument (we are melee, therefore we don't have good ranged abilities), so I responded from the perspective of balance.

Making the argument that other classes are magical in nature has no bearing on WoW. It does not require being magical in nature to have ranged capability. See: Hunters. Nobody's asking for Warriors to be shooting lightning from their asses and breathe fire, just to have a ranged ability that we already have to not be absolutely terrible.

WoW is a RPG first, always has been always will be. The warrior class has always been non-magical, and it’s pretty clear it always will be. From a damage dealing perspective, we’re balanced in PvE, and from a global-killing perspective, we’re just like most other classes in PvP.

None of our stuff can be dispelled, warriors hit like trucks, have gap closing abilities like no other melee, we have stuns, a fear, two on-demand defensive CDs, a passive one, stances that change our resource income and modify the damage we can take from all sources. We have an off the GCD ability that can hit for over 50% of another player’s health pool.

On top of all that, every 30 seconds, we can throw our weapon for 55% damage.

Seems to me like we’re fine, and in one of the best spots this class has been in, in a while.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

WoW is a RPG first, always has been always will be. The warrior class has always been non-magical, and it’s pretty clear it always will be. From a damage dealing perspective, we’re balanced in PvE, and from a global-killing perspective, we’re just like most other classes in PvP.

You're still strawmanning the argument, making a point that doesn't matter. Yes the warrior is non-magical. Nobody has asked for that to change. I'm not sure why you are still harping on this point, it must be because your actual argument has no real merit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Would you be interested in an attack that left you weaponless for 2 - 3 seconds and did 145% weapon damage?

Because that is what the RP of heroic throw dictates.
Reply Quote
I killed a mage with it in arena last night. He was really low, rooted me, blinked away and my heroic throw finished him off.

It has its uses.

I killed a Mage in a battleground last night with it too. It's not an amazing ranged attack, but then again, I'm not supposed to attack from a range.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yea, when it crits it can drop a frost barrier too. One less nova DR to sit through, forcing a blink.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
magical or not magical meele should be meele... no one's asking warriors to be magicans or ranged. But it's sad that "warriors hit like a truck" and having a weak ability like heroic throw...
throwing 55% weapon damage and hope that something will hapens its not the way how warriors should work.

Why do blizz give a nice ability than nerf it down to almost nothing?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Tyrexicus
throwing 55% weapon damage and hope that something will hapens its not the way how warriors should work.

Then take Storm Bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
magical or not magical meele should be meele... no one's asking warriors to be magicans or ranged. But it's sad that "warriors hit like a truck" and having a weak ability like heroic throw...

Why do blizz give a nice ability than nerf it down to almost nothing?

Ok, so you are just whining. Good to know, I'll stop responding now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]