give heroic throw some use!!!!

90 Orc Warrior
It's useful for PvE as a free filler ability (as it doesn't reset the swing timer anymore) or for pulling as a tank.

Not every ability will be useful in every aspect of the game, and that's more or less fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I don't think anyone is asking for the hunter treatment - to suddenly be 100% effective at range.

However, until roots (and boss mechanics that force you to move out of melee range) are gone, I think it's reasonable to ask for a reasonable ability to do damage at range.

I'm not saying 75% I'm not saying 50% (ok, 50% would actually be fine). But 400dps throw + 55% weap damage every 30 seconds AND EVEN plus 100% weap damage a minute is too low. No other class is as hobbled in ANY condition as a warrior is at range. That's flat out unfair.

edited to add:
Thing is, I'm not asking for an optimal dps increase. COMPLETELY REMOVING the cd on hthrow wouldn't matter in melee, it still only hits for 55% weap damage, and in melee we have MUCH MUCH better ways to spend gcds.

All I'm asking is that we not just sit there and watch mages wind up nukes while we're in a frost nova.
Edited by Williame on 12/5/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/05/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Secondwind
You're still strawmanning the argument, making a point that doesn't matter. Yes the warrior is non-magical. Nobody has asked for that to change. I'm not sure why you are still harping on this point, it must be because your actual argument has no real merit.

What the !@#$ are you talking about? We're a MELEE class. The other "melee" classes that have ranged use MAGIC as their ranged. We don't need RANGED abilities, we're already BALANCED.

I'm %^-*ing done "strawmanning" your bull!@#$, take care.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/05/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Khamûl
You're still strawmanning the argument, making a point that doesn't matter. Yes the warrior is non-magical. Nobody has asked for that to change. I'm not sure why you are still harping on this point, it must be because your actual argument has no real merit.

What the !@#$ are you talking about? We're a MELEE class. The other "melee" classes that have ranged use MAGIC as their ranged. We don't need RANGED abilities, we're already BALANCED.

Look, if we could do, 150% of ANYONE'S dps when we're in melee range, fine. However, its COMPLETELY reasonable to say "if we CAN'T outdps people when we're in our element - why are we COMPLETELY hobbled when we're at range? WHAT, exactly, is the benefit we get for being "melee only" ?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
What made glyph of gag order so ridiculous was the ability to just lock someone out without even having to interrupt a spell. -That clearly needed to be addressed. However, now the glyph is rendered utterly useless instead of reworked into something reasonable that would still make it a viable choice.

Let glyph of gag order/heroic throw interrupt a cast... without locking any school out. That would allow warriors to focus interrupt a key fear etc. With the abundant amount of CC currently I would welcome some more ways to counter that into the game.

I don't understand the trend of completely neutering abilities that prove to be too strong instead of slightly reworking them into a less potent, but still effective, version of themselves.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
12/05/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Williame
Look, if we could do, 150% of ANYONE'S dps when we're in melee range, fine. However, its COMPLETELY reasonable to say "if we CAN'T outdps people when we're in our element - why are we COMPLETELY hobbled when we're at range? WHAT, exactly, is the benefit we get for being "melee only" ?

We can blow anyone up when we're "in our element".
Reply Quote
88 Goblin Warlock
good for stomping (some) totems , spirit link comes in mind, it should be off gcd though
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's useful for PvE as a free filler ability (as it doesn't reset the swing timer anymore) or for pulling as a tank.

Not every ability will be useful in every aspect of the game, and that's more or less fine.

Used to do much more damage (Modified with AP), had a threat modifier (High threat), even if it did reset the swing timer. In term of performance on the ability, it's liking switching a Cadillac for a Pontiac Sunfire. It's a huge DPS loss to use it in a regular rotation (Underwhelming 7-8k damage at best with LFR Starshatter, imagine for a one-hander).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
So we're not magical but that doesn't mean our ranged attack shouldn't do some damage.

Just think about it, we work off of RAGE! Shouldn't throwing our weapon be required and encouraged? Hulking beast comes at you tearing flesh to pieces, and gets so pissed he hurls his two-hander at your face?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
They should switch it to being based off of attack power. I like how that was in cata then how it is now. As for people saying take storm bolt, your saying people should trade out there burst for a medium damage range attack? sounds a bit silly if you ask me. No one is asking for the moon and stars, just something to do at range when sitting in roots all day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
JESUS GUYS
/cast Charge
/Cast Heroic Throw
YOLO
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
What made glyph of gag order so ridiculous was the ability to just lock someone out without even having to interrupt a spell. -That clearly needed to be addressed. However, now the glyph is rendered utterly useless instead of reworked into something reasonable that would still make it a viable choice.

Let glyph of gag order/heroic throw interrupt a cast... without locking any school out. That would allow warriors to focus interrupt a key fear etc. With the abundant amount of CC currently I would welcome some more ways to counter that into the game.

I don't understand the trend of completely neutering abilities that prove to be too strong instead of slightly reworking them into a less potent, but still effective, version of themselves.

This.

Or make it slow them for a few seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/05/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Khamûl

We can blow anyone up when we're "in our element".

So can other classes. But blizz is bent on not letting us stay in our element for very long.

Noone is arguing for heroic throw to do 300% damage. Or take over melee attacks for priority when in melee. Or even be spammable (regular throw is a freaking joke though).

What people are saying is we should have something "decent" to use when rooted. The only other class punished for roots near as much as we are is rogues (and they have it bad all around).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i can solve your problem

#showtooltip Heroic Throw
/use Rainbow Generator
/cast Heroic Throw
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
cya
YA DUDE GIVE WERRIORZ RANGED ATTAKZ! U R DUM GHOSTCRAWLER!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
12/06/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Heyoyoyoyoyo
YA DUDE GIVE WERRIORZ RANGED ATTAKZ! U R DUM GHOSTCRAWLER!

Heyyolo, keep on trollin.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 06:44 AMPosted by Dyrik
To think, in Wrath and Cataclysm, Heroic Throw used to do competitive damage, and was influenced by attack power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XdDxr9Zgss8#t=560s

best moment in the world right here for a heroic throw

pretty major language also for the kiddies
Edited by Zorbag on 12/6/2012 10:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Those goalposts, I can feel them shifting beneath my feet!

You made a balance argument (we are melee, therefore we don't have good ranged abilities), so I responded from the perspective of balance.

Making the argument that other classes are magical in nature has no bearing on WoW. It does not require being magical in nature to have ranged capability. See: Hunters. Nobody's asking for Warriors to be shooting lightning from their asses and breathe fire, just to have a ranged ability that we already have to not be absolutely terrible.

WoW is a RPG first, always has been always will be. The warrior class has always been non-magical, and it’s pretty clear it always will be. From a damage dealing perspective, we’re balanced in PvE, and from a global-killing perspective, we’re just like most other classes in PvP.

None of our stuff can be dispelled, warriors hit like trucks, have gap closing abilities like no other melee, we have stuns, a fear, two on-demand defensive CDs, a passive one, stances that change our resource income and modify the damage we can take from all sources. We have an off the GCD ability that can hit for over 50% of another player’s health pool.

On top of all that, every 30 seconds, we can throw our weapon for 55% damage.

Seems to me like we’re fine, and in one of the best spots this class has been in, in a while.

I'm not arguing for or against anything here but I'm just saying--Storm Bolt seems pretty magical. Again...just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
12/07/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Kalorea

I dunno about you but Dragon's Roar is pretty magical in nature.

Normal voices don't inflict physical damage upon people. It's gotta be magic.

I'm personally more curious as to what 'realistic' people can fart thunder/lightning, or run so fast they leave a trail of fire behind them. But hey what do I know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]