Is there anything you regret in wow?

100 Draenei Death Knight
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
the depth of my patience and emotions is not tied whatsoever to pixelated virtual worlds

this thread is the funnies
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Well, yes, it's just a game, but there's still real people and real feelings on the other side of the screen?
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
I regret back in vanilla when I was all into the hardcore raiding thing, not listening more to the people who had a different perspective on the game than I did back then.
Reply Quote
95 Undead Rogue
1. Not getting involved sooner (didn't start until Cata dropped)..

2. Not having more time to play (various reasons; sometimes life just gets in the way).
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Sure.

I regret creating a guild during Cataclysm because it ended up really not being worth the time I put into it. The lack of content at the end of that expansion resulted in everyone just drifting away from the game and they never came back. Once I booted everyone who hadn't logged on for three months, well heck, we were down to three really active players and two people who log on once in a great while. Not much use in rebuilding the guild, either. People just don't play together like they used to on my server. Not to mention that even our regulars are getting bored with the game.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
12/05/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Snowfox
I regret back in vanilla when I was all into the hardcore raiding thing, not listening more to the people who had a different perspective on the game than I did back then.

What do you do with yourself these days Snowy?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
played too much WoW at first
playing it in moderation now gives me more time in my RL
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I regret losing people's contact info. With the realID system now, we could have kept playing together, even though we all ended up on different servers later on. :(
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
12/05/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Eliil

What do you do with yourself these days Snowy?

A little of everything. I've tried to learn all the aspects of the game to at least some level. I did enough raiding and pvp back in the day to last a lifetime... I've been casual, 5p's, overworlds, alting. I've 90's of all three roles.

Lately I've gotten into multiboxing though. One more level 90 and I plan to start soloing the mop heroics... although TBH I've gotten distracted running the pack through old raids for xmog gear for them all >.<
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The only regret I ever had in this game was Right at the end of TBC I decided to take a passive route and allow a cabal of players who were subverting a really good guild into becoming a bunch of douche bags. There was alot of loot fixing and corrupt officers meddling with the loot system to favor this cabal.

I found out how it all began and the dirty underbelly of who was doing it. Then I in turn got found out and when the cabal trumped up charges of misconduct on me I took the passive route again went to an officer court thinking I would be absolved. Then finding my passive appoarch sat me on a court where every judge was going to be hostile towards me except the guild leader. Because everyone of those judges were people that I had found had done something wrong with there position of trust.

Then after getting kicked out for BS reasons. Allowing myself to get run off the server. When I heard about the guilds eventual self destruction at the hands of this cabal and how the betrayl of trust that lead to the destruction end up getting some really nice people to quit the game.

Well I couldn't help but blame myself.

that is the one thing I regret in this game.... It's always what stopped me from ever wanting to be a 'hardcore' raider ever again. Some people took these pixels too far and destoried what was fun about this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I regret a lot of gear I missed out on getting the Naxx 60 gear. I was attuned and had a good guild but I just couldn't get them to go with me. I could have tryed to solo it but I was only in blues and a couple epics for most of TBC.

I also only got 2 pieces of the undead slayer gear from the pre-wrath event. I should have tryed hard to get the whole set.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Well sounds like you are enjoying everything the game has to offer Snowfox!

12/05/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Skymall
I regret losing people's contact info. With the realID system now, we could have kept playing together, even though we all ended up on different servers later on. :(

Yes, many friends in this game have come and gone. Some have come back into contact with me, and we great friends again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I "kinda" regret rushing to level 90 because I really have no clue what's going on in Pandaria, and I hate alts too much to go through it all again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I regret making a guild instead of just joining one.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
The only regret I ever had in this game was Right at the end of TBC I decided to take a passive route and allow a cabal of players who were subverting a really good guild into becoming a bunch of douche bags. There was alot of loot fixing and corrupt officers meddling with the loot system to favor this cabal.

I found out how it all began and the dirty underbelly of who was doing it. Then I in turn got found out and when the cabal trumped up charges of misconduct on me I took the passive route again went to an officer court thinking I would be absolved. Then finding my passive appoarch sat me on a court where every judge was going to be hostile towards me except the guild leader. Because everyone of those judges were people that I had found had done something wrong with there position of trust.

Then after getting kicked out for BS reasons. Allowing myself to get run off the server. When I heard about the guilds eventual self destruction at the hands of this cabal and how the betrayl of trust that lead to the destruction end up getting some really nice people to quit the game.

Well I couldn't help but blame myself.

that is the one thing I regret in this game.... It's always what stopped me from ever wanting to be a 'hardcore' raider ever again. Some people took these pixels too far and destoried what was fun about this game.

Oh that's horrible!! I am so sorry, as a fellow player myself, I know what it's like to be in that kind of situation, where it feels that everyone is against you. I have been in a similar situation in a guild where the environment just felt TOXIC to me, and I was like, well if I am not having fun, what's the point?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
The one thing I regret the most is burning myself out on this game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I really kick myself for getting all lazy and bored at the end of TBC and not finishing up my Champion of the Naaru stuff. I'd done all the content, just not on the quests and somehow couldn't be bothered until after I realized that it would *never* be available again.
Reply Quote
I regret not having taken the time to help someone who was clearly new and having a hard time in a dungeon once.

Right after LFD was out I was on an alt in the lowest Razor Fen dungeon. There was a hunter there with no pet and melee fighting. I was pretty sure he wasn't trolling as he wouldn't even roll on gear that was a huge upgrade.

The group booted him and I didn't feel like rolling a toon on his server to talk to him at that time. I regret that. Even if he was trolling I feel bad I didn't reach out to him after the fact. If he was genuinely that confused he needed some help and I selfishly let him go on.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Yup, Eliil, there sure are things I regret.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]