Is there anything you regret in wow?

100 Draenei Death Knight
12/05/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Mitethe
I really kick myself for getting all lazy and bored at the end of TBC and not finishing up my Champion of the Naaru stuff. I'd done all the content, just not on the quests and somehow couldn't be bothered until after I realized that it would *never* be available again.

Yes, I regret not getting into the game ages ago, to experience all that old stuff. I am hoping that blizzard will bring out stuff that we can only get NOW, so I can feel like a part of something because I was there RIGHT now. I would like to see that again.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I regret that I waited so long to get WOW.

Frankly, I was scared to play it. I have always loved gaming and fantasy books and RPGs and CRPGs. I loved every Blizzard game. My top 10 games was pretty much a list of Blizzard games. I knew about MMOs and I was afraid of WOW. I knew that if you put all that together that WOW would be my perfect storm and I wasn't ready for it.

After about a year of listening to everyone at work talking about it and reading about it and hearing about it I really wanted it. But I was scared. I had recently gone through a divorce and an MMO didn't sound healthy for me.

So I waited. And I finally broke down and got it about the time Anh Qiraj was coming out.

And I was right! It was my perfect storm game. I loved it from the second I logged in until now. But I was wrong to be scared of it. I have had a lot of fun over the years and met a ton of great people and I didn't turn into a loser with no job who never talks to his kids. I have gotten promotions and make more money now and I raise my kids by myself. So there was no reason to be scared.

So the only thing I regret was that I didn't start playing sooner.
Reply Quote
98 Tauren Warrior
I regret not finishing up my Stone guard in Vanilla (and as result not being able to transmog classic PvP gear).

I regret slacking off on farming the Tiger mount before ZG was made into a 5 man.

I regret turning down a bear run because I was a little sleepy back during original ZA.

I regret passing on the Corrupted Ashbringer to a guildie back in Vanilla who quit before TBC
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Eliil
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.

I genuinely regret buying this expansion (even at 50% discount). WTF have they done to PvP? PvP Power indeed..
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.

Disposing of my full tier 1, 2, and 3 sets to make bank space. That was years before Transmogrification was a glimmer in Ghostcrawler's eye though.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Wow Daxxarri, you're the first blue to post in one of my threads! So thank you!

And yes, about the tier, I saw someone in some BC pvp tier gear, and it was just BEYOND beautiful, and I was so, so jealous!
Reply Quote

And yes, about the tier, I saw someone in some BC pvp tier gear, and it was just BEYOND beautiful, and I was so, so jealous!

I keep forgetting to whisper you in game to RP or be friends.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Haha your so excited. But anyway I regret leaving wyrmrest accord sometimes I had a good bunch of PvP friends there pre battletag era on the hordeside.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
For waiting so long to try group content. I was a -very- shy noobie.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
race changing some of my toons from taurens into lesser races.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I vendored 2 VERY important bows long before transmogrification:

1: Amani War Longbow, damn that did hurt, but not as much as...

2: Frenzystrike Longbow, if there's ONE thing i ever regret in LIFE is vendoring this thing, it was a magnificent sight to behold this beauty, not to mention it had the horde symbol. Oh restoration system, how i hate you...

Luckily i could save up my Wrathful Gladiator's Recurve, but it's just not the same...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Daxxarri

Disposing of my full tier 1, 2, and 3 sets to make bank space. That was years before Transmogrification was a glimmer in Ghostcrawler's eye though.

Similar thing here, selling my S1 2 hand mace, I know the world breaker is the same looking model but I'll know it's not the right thing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior

I regret not playing my heart out an extra couple weeks back in vanilla to get "High Warlord" :(

only made it to Warlord ... wish I could go all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
not really something that I can control, but I regret the way things turned out with one of my first guilds (who will remain nameless).

We were very close friends, I even met my guild leader and her husband when they took a vacation to my state. Then at some point the guild started taking a shift in the direction it was headed and we started losing people. After a while, I realized this new direction wasn't something that I wanted to be a part of, so I said my goodbyes and left as well. I wish that I could have kept in touch with those people, some of them were really good people.

A person who I considered one of my best friends in this game now hates my guts because of a misunderstanding of the reasons I left, which hurts worse than anything else. I even found out one of my guild mates was from the same small town (<8k population) that I was from, and somehow we ended up in the same guild in the same game. Another good friend of mine was my tank partner in ICC, and I consider him to be the best tank I've ever seen, miles better than myself (and I consider myself to be a very good tank). Sadly, I either haven't heard from these people in years or in the case of my former friend who now hates me, they refuse to talk to me.

On the other hand, without any of that happening, I may not have ever met the wonderful people I've met in this wonderful guild I'm in. =D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Zamm
Similar thing here, selling my S1 2 hand mace, I know the world breaker is the same looking model but I'll know it's not the right thing.
Well, you can actually get the s1 2h mace from netherstorm still. Unless, you mean it's not your original mace, in which case, I feel you : /
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Right there with you Daxxarri! I deleted all of my tier 1, 2, and 3 in the name of bag space.. It was a tough life being the food and water vendor... I didn't delete my Atiesh tho!
Edited by Arcadefyre on 12/5/2012 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Warrior
12/05/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Skymall
I regret losing people's contact info. With the realID system now, we could have kept playing together, even though we all ended up on different servers later on. :(

That is one thing I truly regret. I lost someone's contact info that I played with a lot and became very friendly with. He was a great guy and I still find myself wondering what he's up to after playing for years together.

The fact that you took what we said to heart in the other thread actually does mean a lot :)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Daxxarri

I have no idea what you're talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I regret not trying to get the Corrupted Ashbringer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]