Is there anything you regret in wow?

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Going for the Insane achievement pre-cata, I gave up on getting Shen'dralar rep partway through revered. The librams and pristine black diamonds were up over 1k each at the end of the expansion, so I said screw it and quit.
I regret it so much that I made another DK because I couldn't stand looking at that half-complete rep bar, and the DK I was trying for the achievement on is shelved on a realm I don't play on anymore.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Monk
Not stopping CRZ before it happened.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
For me, it would have to be deleting all of my original characters.

*puts on old man hat* Back in my day, we didn't have any of these fancy race or faction changing'mc'bobs.

I deleted a lvl 70 hunter, 62 priest, 60 warlock, and 46 paladin during TBC because of the lack of those features. In doing so, I lost the original clockbot pet and the quest reward for doing the Warlock mount quest line.

I also regret deleting or DE'ing a lot of gear which cannot be replaced since Transmog was something we had all given up hope of ever getting.

So in short.... I regret deleting a lot of stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Daxxarri
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.

Disposing of my full tier 1, 2, and 3 sets to make bank space. That was years before Transmogrification was a glimmer in Ghostcrawler's eye though.

I have quite a few items that I've deleted to make space before transmog came out, that I'd like back.
Reply Quote
86 Pandaren Warrior
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back? I don't know why I'm asking...my mind is bit muddled right now. My regret I guess, is my impatience over mage portals. It's not an issue now, but thinking about it, if I could take it back, I probably would.

Disposing of my full tier 1, 2, and 3 sets to make bank space. That was years before Transmogrification was a glimmer in Ghostcrawler's eye though.

You are crazie Zoie... you shoud dispose all that old tier Zoie.. look how much bank space I have and you have only 4...

WHO IS THE SMART ONE NOW!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

I even have my old naxx FR gear with me.. I make instructor Raz proud :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
12/05/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Eliil
I know what it's like to be in that kind of situation, where it feels that everyone is against you

Yeah it wasn't seemed I knew. I knew they were corrupt. I knew they were ploting against me. I knew they were trumping up charges. I had proof and everything chat logs, vent convo's In game messages to me and website and addon read outs. I had a digital paper trail a mile long. If a Lawyer looked at this case he would say it was a slam dunk the only problem was the guilty parties were the ones who were deciding what was right and what was wrong.

I even showed this to the guild master after all was said and done and he responded with a 'I am so sorry that I was so blind to all of this you weren't even a junior officer and you found all this out'

That is what I regret the most about it. I saw it coming like a freight train down the tracks. I could have stepped aside at any time and I just let it run me over and because I let it run me over that train went off the rails some where down the line.

Damn this thread has brought up alot of turmoil that I had buried deep down... I don't think I have hurt this much thinking about something.... You ouchied me Eliil....

OMG Damn straight Dax. I had all kinds of rare stuff sitting in my bank. Teir sets ZA gear all kinds of stuff that just doesn't exsist in the game any more and then one day I just went. WHY THE HELL AM I HOLD ON TO ALL OF THIS and vendor trashed or destoried every single piece of it... THen Tranmog came out and I dropped on my knees and went NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ask my wife I really did....
Edited by Spiritflame on 12/5/2012 2:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
I REGRET NOTHING

But seriously, I really wouldn't trade anything in this game for something else. Losing mount rolls, killing heroic bosses after 7 months of failing and having that breakthru wipe followed by a kill (heroic LK talk - wiped at 14(4%)% and then got it the next kill, after months of not making it past phase 2

^ just one of the many examples of why I love this game
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am curious, is there anything in this game you've experienced, that you would like to take back?

Vehicle quests.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
We had this thread the other day, I believe in that I regretted not getting the BoE (now rogue only) Thistle tea recipe or Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerok Chops when they were avail.

I also regret not getting the Beastmaster's pants off the Baron. Think I have all the other pieces. My sad little hunter lusted after that set like it was the holy grail! (And out-levelled it by the time I had a chance to upgrade any pieces via Deliana lol) Wish those sort of quest chains still existed - there was a real 'I survived that epic/convoluted/bizarre quest chain and this is what I've got to show for it' ;)

It is only philosophical regret tho' ;)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
My only regret about playing WoW is it has distracted me from playing other games.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I regret not playing back in cata. I know it was a bad expansion, but after a while I lost enthusiasm for the game. In WotLK I was a casual raider, and that was the funnest thing I did in ANY video game. Since I stopped playing I got bored of the game and didn't care to gear up my main. Now I want to get back into raiding :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
1.Not spending more time playing in Patch 4.3. Granted, I had something come up in RL that kept me off the game for a while, but part of it was by choice, due to being tired with the game in general. I actually consider 4.3 my favorite patch, as I enjoyed Dragon Soul and the Hour of Twilight heroics quite a bit. Therefore, while I'm having a bit of trouble with this patch, I may take a short break to refresh myself before trying again.

2.Related to that, not coming back sooner for Firelands. Perhaps if I'd spent longer on Firelands, I might have killed Ragnaros on Normal while he was still current.

3.Missing Noblegarden and Midsummer for two years in a row. I'm planning on getting them in 2013, so I can get What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been.

4.Neglecting my healer for a while. I've noticed that some of my first kills (especially every single Heroic boss in Dragon Soul except for Zon'Ozz and Morchok) came from the healer. Keeping my healer geared may be what I need to progress.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I regret very much caring about the lore of this game in the first place.

Now all there is is dissapointment I would have never had if I just looked at the game instead of the game and its lore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Playing alts. Should have one character.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Passing on the guild that tried to pick me up during BT.
Reply Quote
84 Dwarf Paladin
I started a Night Elf priest during Vanilla and got to level 7 before I quit. I had no idea what I was doing and didn't see the appeal. I didn't play again until one month after BC came out when some friends got me to play. I regret not leveling that priest so I could have experienced Vanilla wow.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1. Not starting in Vanilla
2. Picking a Druid as my main (I feel that they have been a very unstable class relative to every other), wish I chose either a Priest or Paladin.
3. Starting off on a low-pop realm with next to no Alliance presence.
Edited by Smaragdus on 12/5/2012 4:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Inthekitchen
Playing alts. Should have one character.

Me too. Wish I would have not rolled any other characters.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
letting myself get so excited to see them do something with the fishing prof that was planned to be in cata.

getting myself excited about this new path of the titans thing that was planned for cata.

kicking myself for not doing some of the dailies in outland while my wife was doing them. i missed out on some nice mounts. i could still do them but watching her was painful enough by herself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

You and me both :(
RIP Naxx 40 bow ;_;
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]