Loser, FREAK

20 Tauren Shaman
Hi im new and peeps keep making fun of my avatar they say things like what you read in the title any suggestions?????
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Are they saying things in these forums or in the game? Is this your only character?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm not really sure what to say to this. It seems you just started the game, maybe you found some random idiots that were making fun of you. I wouldn't take it too seriously. If you're just started the game I would suggest you focus more on understanding the world around you then other random snide comments.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/5/2012 12:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
33 Night Elf Druid
Ignore them but if they're doing it way too excessively, then report them.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
thanks for the help mormon and varj ill just try to brush them off
Edited by Cowpunhere on 12/5/2012 12:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
They might be picking on your character's name because it's not an allowed name. It's a violation of the "no phrases" rule, so you might want to reroll the character (since it's low enough level you can regain it quickly).
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
what do you mean no phrases? almost all avatars ive seen have some sort of phrase or real words in their name
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Cowpunhere
what do you mean no phrases? almost all avatars ive seen have some sort of phrase or real words in their name

Names cannot contain a phrase or partial sentence, per the naming rules. "Cowpunhere" is a phrase...and honestly not that creative of a name in the first place.

Here's the link (Restricted section):
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/naming-policy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/05/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Cowpunhere

Some are pushing the envelope and some just haven't been reported yet.

I can't see what realm you are playing on, RP realms tend to self-enforce the naming policies pretty ruthlessly.
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
Ohhhhh no my name isnt a phrase its pronounced coe-pyoon-harry it just popped into my mind, though I do see how ppl can mistake it for "cow pun here"
Reply Quote
20 Goblin Priest
No, it's a phrase. Regardless of how you pronounce it in your head, other English speakers do read that as "Cow pun here". When you write or type something down, it's your audience's reaction that counts, not what you intended to convey with the words you choose to write.

Best to reroll, wait for a forced name change, or get used to the static other players will give you.
Edited by Teapray on 12/5/2012 12:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
K ill make a new avatar
Reply Quote
15 Undead Mage
Uh oh...
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Cowpunhere
Ohhhhh no my name isnt a phrase its pronounced coe-pyoon-harry it just popped into my mind, though I do see how ppl can mistake it for "cow pun here"

This guy's good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]