Survivability Ability Idea for FDKs

90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Hemalador
As a DK I would like to trigger it manually (i.e. use it as a counter, when I see the warrior go red and pop strength trink, I want it then)

Yes, manual instead of passive sounds good. Adds a little bit of thought and decision making, I'm all in for that x)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/05/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Hemalador
If they don't switch there is a chance the DK's going to take 25% less damage and get CC immunity and extra Lichborne heals.

Whoa now, I don't think anyone said anything about cc immunity. If an internal lichborne is kicking in, then this could turn very op very quick. I guess that makes sense as you can't DC heal without lichborne, but imo, come up with a way. CC immunity, I think would be too strong.
Edited by Demise on 12/5/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Demise
If they don't switch there is a chance the DK's going to take 25% less damage and get CC immunity and extra Lichborne heals.

Whoa now, I don't think anyone said anything about cc immunity. If an internal lichborne is kicking in, then this could turn very op very quick. I guess that makes sense as you can't DC heal without lichborne, but imo, come up with a way. CC immunity, I think would be too strong.

Two reasons for the CC immunity: 1) Make people pay for choosing to continue to tunnel the DK while this CD is up instead of playing smarter and more importantly 2) It's too easy to gib a DK when they're low by simply blanket silencing them or disarming so they can't Death Strike.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far, let's keep ideas flowing x)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/05/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Claw

Two reasons for the CC immunity: 1) Make people pay for choosing to continue to tunnel the DK while this CD is up instead of playing smarter and more importantly 2) It's too easy to gib a DK when they're low by simply blanket silencing them or disarming so they can't Death Strike.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far, let's keep ideas flowing x)

That makes sense, but I think having cc immunity changes alot. Are we talking all cc or just cc that lichborne already provides immunity to?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hmm originally I thought all CC. But I suppose we could change it to Fear, Stuns, Silence and Disarm only? Either way if they were trying to land other types of CCs on you they should definitely do so prior to the 5th stack.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/05/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Claw
Hmm originally I thought all CC. But I suppose we could change it to Fear, Stuns, Silence and Disarm only? Either way if they were trying to land other types of CCs on you they should definitely do so prior to the 5th stack.

Hmm still working off of stacks, that doesn't sound too bad. I just think if it ends up being used offensively, it would defeat the purpose. Depending on how fast the stacks build, I don't think it would be good to make it on-use. Chaining it with AMS, lichborne, or icebound fort, could lead to an unkillable, unstoppable dk. Leaving it on a trigger though, allows for a higher skill cap, and I like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I like the idea but think it is entirely unnecessary. Buff the defensives DKs already have. Turn Icebound fortitude into a shield wall, make it 40-50% with a 2 min CD or make AMS give 20% physical damage reduction. Good to go.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
12/05/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Harcken
I like the idea but think it is entirely unnecessary. Buff the defensives DKs already have. Turn Icebound fortitude into a shield wall, make it 40-50% with a 2 min CD or make AMS give 20% physical damage reduction. Good to go.

This is true. There are a few other things I would like to see addressed, but as far as def cds go, that would be fine by me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
12/05/2012 02:29 PMPosted by Raw
since you mentioned it, mages need some survivability too..

I know you are a troll and a terrible mage but for the record:

mages get these for defense

70k shield on a 25s cd, lasts 1min
iceblock, 5min---cannot use again for 30s
cold snap, 30% instant heal usable while stunned or ccd. resets cooldown of iceblock
time warp, dispellable but it doesnt eat up the pom buff (a nerf here is in order)

Mages have great defensive cooldowns, the highest regular burst in the game, arguably the greatest pvp cc, and good mobility. There really aren't that many tradeoffs mages have that other classes have to make.

dks have solid damage. Thats about it, poor mobility, poor survivability, 2min cd 5s silence for cc and an avoidable stun. Its really not a balance problem to buff our survivability. Let us be killing machine tanks that can be kited and can't really cc that well except for chains and strangulate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]