Great mouse for healing?

90 Tauren Druid
I'm in the market for buying a new mouse and I'm just wondering what most of you use.

I have a S.W.A.T Cyber Snipa mouse right now and there just aren't enough buttons for the spells I would like on it, I'm looking for a mouse with at least 6 buttons on the thumb position with the standard 2 in front and a scroll wheel.

I need to be able to bind spells to it so when I press for example button 4 on the thumb position it will put Rejuv on the target I am hovering over in my raid frames without needing to target said person.

I hear a lot of people use Razor mice but I'm not sure which model would work the best for what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
I got a Razer Naga about a year ago exactly and can't say enough good things about it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Morenn
I got a Razer Naga about a year ago exactly and can't say enough good things about it.

The Molten, Hex or standard?
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 02:16 PMPosted by Primechuck
The Molten, Hex or standard?

Molten.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk

Worth every penny. It really sucks cleaning it though since stuff gathers around the buttons. But just using a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol makes it look new again.

Really useful for mouseover macro's also, since in my opinion it i am more responsive if im clicking with the same thing im using to mouseover.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I have one as well, the epic. I luff it. Got it about a year or so ago as a gift and still use it :D
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I have...a five button mouse. Nothing fancy. /shrug

Gets the job done. xD
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I got a Razer Naga

Yep me too - although I can't fathom anyone using all those side buttons. It's a sturdy mouse accurate and looks pretty sweet.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I use a standard 5 button mouse with scroll wheel.

That is 10 spells with using SHIFT as a modifier, plus scroll wheel up and down for 2 more.

Resto druids just don't need more than that.
Reply Quote
I have a razer naga, use every button... with the exception of the one far forward to the left of the left mouse button (for now).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
12/05/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Wootan
I got a Razer Naga

Yep me too - although I can't fathom anyone using all those side buttons. It's a sturdy mouse accurate and looks pretty sweet.

Why not? As a healer, of course you should. (Except perhaps when you're first learning to adjust to the Naga)

I have used a standard (I believe) Razer Naga for nearly a year now (got it last Christmas) and love it for all my characters - healer or otherwise.
Like someone else said, I use mouseover macros to heal, but with the naga it's basically the same as some form of Clique. I can use the keyboard if I need to (since it's got the same binds) but I'm really spoiled at this point and absolutely prefer not to.

Also, having all my heals (or at least, primary heals) on my mouse means my left hand is free to hang out on my strafe keys so it's tons easier to heal on the move.
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Steelseries Sensei mouse

Honestly, the extra buttons don't really amount to anything you can't do just as efficiently, if not more efficiently, using the keyboard.

All of my primary heals are tied to Left or Right clicks using Ctrl, Alt or Shift as a modifier. The rest of my skills (ones with short-mid length cooldowns) are tied to mouse over macros using 1-5 or Alt+1-5 so I can visually see the cooldown. My long cooldown abilities are 6-0.

Honestly, I think putting everything only on your mouse buttons would be a pain in the !@# to learn. If you spend the time to learn it, you can be proficient at it but I fail to see how it actually improves performance.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I also have the Razer Naga standard and LOVE it. My fiance played WoW for a few months and had one too, so I have a backup in case anything ever happens to mine. lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Is there a real difference between the Razor Naga Molten/Standard other than the extra 2 buttons being behind the mouse wheel or next to the left click?

Also has anyone tried the Razor Naga Hex and liked it more than the Molten or Standard and why do you like it more?

Thanks for all the responses!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I can't even deal with these big overcomplicated mice, lol. I have small hands, freakishly so, that I used to play on this Merc Stealth keyboard that had a numberpad on the left so I could actually reach more keys without having to move my stupid stubby midget hand.

Now I just use a regular mouse and keyboard, which is really helpful since I play from multiple places. I try to keep things as simple as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I have...a five button mouse. Nothing fancy. /shrugGets the job done. xD

Same deal here, I got one of those steelseries ones. Still works like new after a year and a half.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
used a standard three button mouse for like, 3 years

Lol
inorite?

Then I got a 5 button mouse and was like...how did I live without those two extra buttons.

Now I'm considering a getting a Naga...

...what's wrong with me...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Intellimouse Optical.

Best mouse ever made.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]