Great mouse for healing?

100 Blood Elf Monk
As a suggestion, if you're going to go with a naga, get the molten or one of the old ones. They moved the 2 side buttons that used to be near the left click into a spot that can't be used by people with normal hands.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
am i the only one here who still uses a standard cheap mouse off the shelf? It's a mouse. Not like I'm playing fps where a good mouse can really make a huge difference
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Thelws
am i the only one here who still uses a standard cheap mouse off the shelf? It's a mouse. Not like I'm playing fps where a good mouse can really make a huge difference

Good mice for healing will actually make quite a large difference, my healing went through the roof when I went from keybinds>mouseover, give it a try, you'll love it :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ONE
Naga. Though something that hasn't been stated is that Razer support is terrible, and the mouse is known to have issues with longevity, even while in warranty. Razer support wants me to take a picture of my mouse to have it replaced...

Yeah...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
Naga. Though something that hasn't been stated is that Razer support is terrible, and the mouse is known to have issues with longevity, even while in warranty. Razer support wants me to take a picture of my mouse to have it replaced...

Yeah...

Not much Razer makes seems to last long.

I personally use the Cyborg MMO7, but it too has serious issues with longevity.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've used a standard 3 button mouse for years. I've found I can bind all my healing abilities with vuhdo using mouse scroll and ctrl/shift modifiers. Anything else I need can be bound to the keyboard. I don't feel that a fancy razor naga would benefit me significantly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 03:07 AMPosted by Stratis
I've used a standard 3 button mouse for years. I've found I can bind all my healing abilities with vuhdo using mouse scroll and ctrl/shift modifiers. Anything else I need can be bound to the keyboard. I don't feel that a fancy razor naga would benefit me significantly.

Me too. I'd love to try a fancy new mouse, problem is a lot of the ones I've seen online that I may like are wireless. I don't want wireless (for obvious reasons).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I use a Razer Orochi, but I only use the standard 2 buttons + mousewheel. It's really more a matter of decent macros/bindings than anything else. Between my 1-6 keys for mouseover macros and my mouse, I can cast pretty much anything in my repertoire.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I'm a huge fan of my logitech g500. It doesn't have quite so many buttons as the nagas but they tend to last me 6mo-year which is a vast improvement over anything else I've tried (I just flat out wear out the left click with rejuv LOL)

I too have extremely small hands, the bigger gaming mice, especially the wow specific ones, are completely beyond what I can control. Which is sad because I have one but I just can't use it effectively and the hubs doesn't like it :/

If you get iffy about the naga's longevity give the logitechs a looksie :)
Edited by Feyanna on 12/6/2012 7:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I use a Razor Naga as well. I hated it when I first got it, but now I love it. Don't know what I'd do without it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Razor Naga. I swear by this mouse, not for all the healing keys I bind to it, but for all the secondary spells I keep off my hotbar (windshear, ghostwolf, healing tide, healing stream, etc). Would never go back to a 5 button.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 09:40 PMPosted by Thelws

I use a standard 5 button mouse off the shelf at walmart and have setup alt/ctrl/shift modifiers through Vuhdo.

I don't necessarily think an expensive, fancy mouse is the way to go if you can get a multi-button one off the shelf and utilize key modifiers to access all of your spells.

Hell I've had this logitech (I think, not at home to check currently) mouse for going on....3.5 years? It will be a sad day when it finally kicks the bucket.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
With VuhDo, I don't need anything more than my 5-button mouse.

Left-button: Regrowth
Center-Button: Swiftmend
Right-button: Rejuv

[Ctrl] Left-button: Lifebloom
[Ctrl] Center-button: Wild Growth
[Ctrl] Right-Button: Healing Touch

Side-Buttons: Forward and Backward movement

I keybind Tranq, Innervate, Mushrooms, Trinkets.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I tried a Naga and found it completely unusable. Buttons are way too small, too far back, and completely indistinguishable by feel.

Right now I use a Logitech G700. If I were going to try an MMO gaming mouse, I'd probably try either the Corsair M90:
http://www.corsair.com/us/vengeance-gaming/vengeance-gaming-mice/vengeance-m90-performance-mmo-rts-laser-gaming-mouse.html

or the Logitech G600:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse?crid=825

The only thing stopping me from trying the Corsair is that I can't stand the thought of giving up the smooth-scroll wheel on my G700.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Razer Naga.

I actually have bartender set up with four bars that are shaped like the side buttons (3 columns of 4), and set one to regular numbers, one to shift, one to alt, and one to ctrl. 48 buttons available to my thumb and pinky together, and I use at least 2/3 of them regularly. I rarely click anything anymore, ever, and my fingers are always free for navigation, plus I never have to think, "if only I had that ability in an easier to reach spot..."

And it's AWESOME for mouseovers, because they're always easy to reach.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Have some many mouses that I have tried to heal with, at least 15. Naga, Corsair, all the WoW mouses and still find myself going back to this.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Laser-Mouse-Blue-Black/dp/B000ODN7VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354832512&sr=8-1&keywords=g5+laser

Those little buttons behind the wheel are perfectly spaced, the side motion on the wheel is perfect for dispelling etc. I bought 4 of them before they were discontinued. Thinking about buying that one left on Amazon, $180 is abit out of hand though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Any of the typical razer nagas are great for wow. The hex lends itself to fps and faster paced games as it's easier to keep track of which button you're on in the chaos. The increased utility of the standard naga shines as a healer in wow though, best purchase you can get!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Thanks everyone for the responses, just place an order for the Razor Naga Molten!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I have an older version WoW mouse that I got when I got Cataclysm. Basically my 1-12 spell bar is all bound to a button. Couldn't heal without it!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
Call me a baddie but I currently play on a laptop using the mouse pad...heal through healbot using shift,ctrl,alt, and shift+ctrl modifiers...also use a few keybinds and mouseover targeting.

But with that being said I have a new gaming system and Razer Naga Molten that will hopefully be runnning by raid reset :)...cant wait...gonna have to learn to play all over again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]