Great mouse for healing?

90 Draenei Priest
Logitech g700 here. I think a lot of these mice has to do with what your hand can handle too. This one has 4 'thumb' buttons I use for strafing, vent push to talk and one of my spells, and three on the top I can easily hit for more spells. It has two behind the wheel but it's not anything I'd use for anything I'd have to cast a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Morenn
I got a Razer Naga about a year ago exactly and can't say enough good things about it.

Absolutely a crap mouse, IMO. I had two and both broke on me in less than two months.

I use the R.A.T Cyborg MMO mouse. Great mouse and has awesome customization features!
Reply Quote
razer naga all the way. has made my healing much better. and i can heal with 1 hand and eat with the other while raiding
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't want to, but I'm probably going to end up going to a naga eventually.

Will probably need need to get a new keyboard soon as well. Couple of keys on the wireless keyboard that came with my computer are acting a little funny.... it wasn't exactly designed for gaming ;)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
I like my naga. I've had to replace it once but that was because I didn't take care of it and kept dropping things on it.

If you can get used to the tiny shape, it's a phenomenal mouse. Also don't rage throw it across the room and you should be fine.

12/10/2012 05:35 AMPosted by Lmcm
Will probably need need to get a new keyboard soon as well. Couple of keys on the wireless keyboard that came with my computer are acting a little funny.... it wasn't exactly designed for gaming ;)

I'm using a razer anansi and can't say that I hate it. It's a really good keyboard in terms of feel. And dat custom lighting. Never go for wireless stuff, imo.
Edited by Mist on 12/10/2012 7:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been using the Razer Naga Molten for almost 2 1/2 years (same mouse and never have had any problems with it). I don't use all the side buttons because my fingers are really short so reaching the 2, 3, 5, and 6 can be a little rough. It also only took a weekend of spam running heroics and BGs to get accustomed to the mouse. I honestly can't even imagine using a different mouse anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I have the razer naga, I bought it when I thought SWTOR was going to be my wow killer (seriously Jedi Knight had a !@#$ ton of spells/attacks) and the mouse was wonderful. But as for wow? I bind something (life bloom on my druid, Roll on my monk) to the 5 button and that's all I need. Any mouse with a 5th button will work with clique. The rest I use modifiers with on my mouse or keyboard (for some reason I have wild growth bound to the 2 button on my keyboard.) But the precision of the mouse is hard to beat. It is rather snappy. I like it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've been using Razer Death Adder for 2 years now. No complaints. Works great for my pally, priest, and sham healers. I use vuhdo to make up for lack of buttons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
LOL, all this talk about Razer's mice. I've been using the same Logitech G5 since vanilla. You want longevity don't get a Razer mouse. With a good raid UI and Clique a standard mouse will work just fine. No need to spend gobs of money on a mouse that won't last a year let alone an xpac.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Death Knight
Casting another vote for the Naga, and if you have the spare cash I'd also recommend looking into the Logitech G13 keypad. Between the two I have enough keybinds I don't touch my regular keyboard unless it's to say something in chat. The G13 is a lot more ergonomic than using a standard KB as well
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't get a new mouse.. just download Healium.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I tried a Naga and found it completely unusable. Buttons are way too small, too far back, and completely indistinguishable by feel.

Right now I use a Logitech G700. If I were going to try an MMO gaming mouse, I'd probably try either the Corsair M90:
http://www.corsair.com/us/vengeance-gaming/vengeance-gaming-mice/vengeance-m90-performance-mmo-rts-laser-gaming-mouse.html

or the Logitech G600:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/g600-mmo-gaming-mouse?crid=825

The only thing stopping me from trying the Corsair is that I can't stand the thought of giving up the smooth-scroll wheel on my G700.

I couldn't agree more. I quite disliked the naga that I tried before gettingy corsair M90. The M90 wasn't terrible but I do have complaints. I bought it in march and recently started having problems with the scroll wheel. The software wasn't the most intuitive, but Corsair acknowledges that, and my only other complaint is even though the button placement is nice, they aren't always the easiest to tell apart. There is nothing to guide your finger to a specific button like you'd find on most mice; only the slight line between each button.

With the RMA happening, I've been looking at other options and am quite intrigued by the Logitech G600. The thumb buttons look much easier to decipher and the G-Shift button is brilliant. Add that to shift/alt/ctrl modifiers and you have perfection. I'm thinking about just selling the M90 when I get the replacement and giving the G600 a try. Now to choose which color... :P
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
i actually recently purchased the naga hex... so far like it a lot. Just enough buttons and they are big making them hard to misclick. Taking some practice of course... i never tried the regular naga... tried it in the store just for fit and felt it was too easy to misclick for me, the hex is a great alternative if you're looking for more than 2 thumb buttons and less than a standard naga. 6 is quite enough for my purposes. Easy to program, easy to use.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I also recommend the Logitech G13 keypad, lots of buttons and a small joystick for movement

12/10/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Lathgin
Casting another vote for the Naga, and if you have the spare cash I'd also recommend looking into the Logitech G13 keypad. Between the two I have enough keybinds I don't touch my regular keyboard unless it's to say something in chat. The G13 is a lot more ergonomic than using a standard KB as well
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, I use a G13. It's...ok. I love the joystick. My major problem is that it's just too big for my hand. I'd be happier if they shrank the buttons to the size of the ones on the Merc Stealth keypad, and either (a) put half again as many buttons in the same space or (b) shrank the whole unit to about 2/3 the current size.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Lol I hate you guys, I didnt know it was such a big deal but I am looking to start raiding again within the next month and I always mained as a healer so now you convinced me :P

Gonna shell out the $80 for a razer naga molten one, looks pretty sweet. Will try mouseover for the first time once I get it, been using click+keyboard this whole time -.-
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Original Naga since Wrath.

Not a single heal on it.

Sorry, Healing Sphere is on it currently.

I use it for pro stuff.

Riôt
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]