Will the Siege of Orgrimmar end the war?

90 Orc Warlock
12/11/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Skytotem
Sorry, thought you were implying Garrosh hadn't actually improved anything and people ingame were just nuts.

More just poking fun at the holes in the story.

Maybe Garrosh really didn't fix anything and all the orcs are actually crazy.

We've always been at war with eastern kingdoms.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

I dunno, I could get behind a Horde in which the playable races lorded over NPCs that were on the short end of that respective stick.
Reply Quote

I dunno, I could get behind a Horde in which the playable races lorded over NPCs that were on the short end of that respective stick.

I don't think I'll ever understand why Blizzard feels that telling us "Well, the Orcs have it really bad, and need resources" then turns around and says "BUT STARTING A WAR ABOUT RESOURCES IS BAD AND HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE! WANTING TO SAVE YOUR PEOPLE, EVEN IF YOU'RE OVERZEALOUS IS REALLY REALLY AWFUL"

I think Blizzard just doesn't like zeal. Kael'thas was zealous, and he went nuts. Illidan was zealous, and he went nuts. Not that I need fantasy to be realistic, but having a Super Go Get-er as a leader is far more interesting than the whole "The worlds hates us! So let's hate them back!" thing the Horde was in Vanilla and TBC. People say they didn't sign up to be the bad guys...I don't really understand why, either.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/11/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Virsago
I think Blizzard just doesn't like zeal. Kael'thas was zealous, and he went nuts. Illidan was zealous, and he went nuts. Not that I need fantasy to be realistic, but having a Super Go Get-er as a leader is far more interesting than the whole "The worlds hates us! So let's hate them back!" thing the Horde was in Vanilla and TBC. People say they didn't sign up to be the bad guys...I don't really understand why, either.

It's all a vast corporate conspiracy to teach us feeling strongly about things is wrong, that way we'll continue to pay money for a substandard product, and never get involved in important things irl.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
12/11/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Skytotem
It's all a vast corporate conspiracy to teach us feeling strongly about things is wrong, that way we'll continue to pay money for a substandard product, and never get involved in important things irl.

South Park confirmed final WoW expac
Reply Quote
12/11/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Skytotem

Those bastards.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well this thread went downhill quick.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Its WARcraft, what do you think?
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
On a completely unrelated note, that military about page also lets us know that the military is legally allowed to send you on "suicide missions" and that it's treason to disobey and/or desert.

So GG Kael'thas.

Bookmarked for the next time someone complains about Garithos disciplining the Blood Elves.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
I don't think I'll ever understand why Blizzard feels that telling us "Well, the Orcs have it really bad, and need resources" then turns around and says "BUT STARTING A WAR ABOUT RESOURCES IS BAD AND HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE! WANTING TO SAVE YOUR PEOPLE, EVEN IF YOU'RE OVERZEALOUS IS REALLY REALLY AWFUL"

i think the problem here is that this problem has evolved beyond a need for resources and is now simply about killing off the alliance by any means necessary.

not to mention the need for resources lies solely at the feet of Thrall who proved to be an inept leader.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/11/2012 04:45 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Thrall who proved to be an inept leader.

Honestly, Thrall knows it. "For all my supposed wisdom, there were times when I could barely keep the Horde together."
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin

If the Horde needs resources so badly they can start by disassembling their war machines and using them to build houses or as fuel.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/11/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
Honestly, Thrall knows it. "For all my supposed wisdom, there were times when I could barely keep the Horde together."

A line from when Thrall was defending his decision to put Garrosh in power. The irony is perfect.

(Also, really telling how Garrosh is 'keeping the horde together' by threatening and murdering folk. I still think he was originally supposed to man up :\ )
Reply Quote

Of course, Bloodhilt is suddenly racist to make all of this okay.

I would argue that Casual racism has always been an Orc thing. Even the ultra-good-guy Saurfang the Younger was using disparaging terms for humans in the Glory short story.
Reply Quote

i think the problem here is that this problem has evolved beyond a need for resources and is now simply about killing off the alliance by any means necessary.

Even as early as Vanilla, the Orcs and their allies in Ashenvale were less about resources and more about their "sovreign right" to all of Kalimdor, which they saw as a vast, untamed wilderness ripe for conquest.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
12/11/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Jaelara
Even the ultra-good-guy Saurfang the Younger was using disparaging terms for humans in the Glory short story.

I never really saw him as an 'ultra-good guy' just a non-racist non-stupid Garrosh.

Though it did seem like he was pandering to the crowd a tad.

My issue is though, that this racism kind of cropped up out of nowhere, prior to Cata the orcs didn't dislike races they disliked other cultures. Big difference.

And yeah, I get they've alway disliked certain things about Blood Elves and goblins and such, but the idea that Bloodhilt would entertain 'dismissing' random soldiers among them just to 'motivate' folks seems like a departure from his pragmatism shown in Southern Barrens.

The orcs used to have more of a meritocracy than this and it bugs me.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
12/11/2012 04:54 PMPosted by Vyrin
If the Horde needs resources so badly they can start by disassembling their war machines and using them to build houses or as fuel.

Vyrin, every second faction on Azeroth is trying to kill them (Scourge, Old Gods, Burning Legion,) Dismantling their War Machines is like asking their enemies to kick them in the balls.

12/11/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Jaelara

I actually thought, upon reading it, that Bloodhilt was starting to be infected by either Doubt or Despair.
Reply Quote
I didn't say it, Skytotem did. And I see it as perfectly in character with your average Orc soldier.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
12/11/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Ximothy
Vyrin, every second faction on Azeroth is trying to kill them (Scourge, Old Gods, Burning Legion,) Dismantling their War Machines is like asking their enemies to kick them in the balls.

And when they use said war machines to seize resources which they then use to build more war machines while they poison their water supply and take food from civilians to feed soldiers, I'm thinking their justification behind going to war is a bit shallow.
Reply Quote

I would argue that Casual racism has always been an Orc thing. Even the ultra-good-guy Saurfang the Younger was using disparaging terms for humans in the Glory short story.

I think Saurfang the Younger was just trying to get his troops riled up for the battle.

On another note....Bloodhilt is racist now?
Edited by Gornur on 12/11/2012 10:38 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]