5.2 Appreciation: Finally getting Monk Love

80 Draenei Paladin
Woo. A few more months of suffering/frustration!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Its also not always a good thing to have the eye of blizzard focused on you. Look what happened when their eye was on MW for patch 5.1 It can either way imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
By that time most Monks who stuck it out will be a little more versed and at least more than average. Maybe the changes will hurt again, maybe not.

Aside from that, we are only as strong as our raid/bg group/arena partners anyway. A Gladiator with 2 rival team mates won't go as far as some may think.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
12/06/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Donasmonk
Its also not always a good thing to have the eye of blizzard focused on you. Look what happened when their eye was on MW for patch 5.1 It can either way imo.

The minor buffs WW got in pvp really didn't make up for the survivability they lost when self healing got nerfed.

and

12/06/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Disregarded
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Mist
And lose the ability to use it preemptively?

people used it preemptively? >>
well I do at least. :| Basicly, I'll place them where I know players will go next, right before they take damage that'll force hem to move and healing them right now would be a waste. Or simply dropping them on the move, where you know players are just about to path through.

12/06/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Flutterdash

And lose the ability to use it preemptively? No thanks. It isnt that hard to bind it the mouse, hover, then start dropping for uninterruptible, undispellable heals.

The only real disadvantage to the spell is it can't heal if the target isn't on the screen. A brief SooM can fix that real quick. Also, it doesn't generate Chi.

Mastery is great for PvP as well. Anybody that doesn't try to make their way to a Sphere while the Monk is CCed isn't playing correctly.

As an observation : you seem to have no raid experience OR PVP experience, I don't think you are qualified to comment on these issues ;/

Mastery seems to have no practical application in PVP cause people get bursted way too fast and making your way towards a 50k orb isn't going to save you.

Everything I said in my last post comes from my months of playing nothing but PvP in beta, so I know what I said works in RBG/Randoms, in theory.

I won't deny that my credentials are lacking, but the reason for that isn't lack of skill, it's lack of time. I try to make it clear that I speak from unrated/never raided PoV. But I'm not out of touch when it comes to MWs and their mechanics and I'm not saying that Monks are okay. Not even close.

I know the problems that we're having:
RM (though, our 4 piece makes it hurt less) EM, SooM, LC are all dispellable
The latter acts like a psudeo-interrupt, keeping the MW out of their SooM combos
We are easily CCed, with only trinket and DM on stuns to negate CC
ZM is great fo WW to protect healers from CC, but MW using ZM doesn't Procter them from CC at all
I'm sure I'm missing some other issues, but these stand out the most to me.

My comment about mastery is my response to when we are CCed in RBGs. It would be stupid to ignore them in that situation.

I really do believe that Healing Sphere as is, prebuff even, a great spell.

But I seem to be the only one that sees the potential, what Blizzard intended with this spell. :|
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 08:48 AMPosted by Mist
And lose the ability to use it preemptively?

people used it preemptively? >>

I actually do use the healing spheres preemptively. Try to keep spheres around my tank so that he can stumble into them/grab one if he needs. It's really nice.
Reply Quote
I really do believe that Healing Sphere as is, prebuff even, a great spell.

But I seem to be the only one that sees the potential, what Blizzard intended with this spell. :|

Healing sphere seems impractical to use preemptively.

Mastery in pvp seems like a waste given warlocks can crit for 200k+ (twice) hello chaos wave. That moving towards a 50k? or less orb isn't going to save you, you are better off going behind a pillar. Or standing still and using self survival cds.
If orbs happen to be en route on the way to the pillar, it's just an added bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
12/06/2012 03:00 PMPosted by Flutterdash
Mastery in pvp seems like a waste given warlocks can crit for 200k+ (twice) hello chaos wave.

Chaos Wave has already been slapped hard. Very hard.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
let's just keep this as a appreciation thread and not get too off-topic :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Disregarded
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I am SOOO happy to hear this!! I have been getting really frusterated with the constant nerfing of our class that its been almost unbearable to play my cute little monk anymore :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I've actually gotten really good at dropping orbs on/in front of people as they're walking. /flex
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
This is why I rolled Monk and still leveled Rogue. Although both have their weaknesses, I don't have to worry about getting completely nerfed into the ground.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 11:26 PMPosted by Iwasarogue
This is why I rolled Monk and still leveled Rogue. Although both have their weaknesses, I don't have to worry about getting completely nerfed into the ground.

the combined +40% mana cost alone is absurb . -32% EM.. -25% talent heals, RM and uplift nerfs.o
pin-the-tail-on-the-Monk type changes.

i think we hit rock bottom. theres no way they'll give us another series of nerfs like the ones we just got.

atleast i hope so..
Edited by Neavè on 12/7/2012 12:04 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Sweet
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
12/06/2012 12:31 AMPosted by Tingjahe
i just hope the fix all healing nerfs to.

Nope. I predict a healing sphere mana cost increase, or a system similar to conflagurate and if were lucky a mana tea buff to restore 10% mana instead of 8% My healing is lower than the paladin healer in my raid for a lot of fights now. We are right where blizzard wants us.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
12/06/2012 11:57 PMPosted by Neavè

the combined +40% mana cost alone is absurb . -32% EM.. -25% talent heals, RM and uplift nerfs.o
pin-the-tail-on-the-Monk type changes.

i think we hit rock bottom. theres no way they'll give us another series of nerfs like the ones we just got.

atleast i hope so..

Ah, sorry, I was referring to Windwalker >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The problem continues to be how well we scale with raid size. Our abilities hit more targets, proccing more spheres, and we have more bodies running into said spheres. Our mastery scales multiplicatively with raid size, which is why it performs very well in 25 mans, but poorly in 10s and 5s. It's why you saw MWers doing stupid good in 25 man logs, but only topping meters for a couple fights in 10s. I would really like to see some of the nerfs undone, and changes done to nerf our 25 man capability, without screwing with our 10 man healing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
cool, at least he's talking about us now :)
Reply Quote
1 Goblin Rogue
So they told you what you already should have known to stop the complaining on the forums, and it worked.

No data, no evidence of a plan, just a people pleasing answer.
Edited by Idoitbig on 12/7/2012 5:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]