How come no one talks about PvE warlocks here

100 Blood Elf Mage
12/06/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Lhivera
I went into MoP beta expecting to main one of my Warlocks come release. I came out more in love with the playstyles of my Mages than ever, and vaguely put off by the feel of all three 'lock specs. It's not that I feel they evolved badly, I just don't find that they suit me.

I'm the exact opposite. They streamlined and improved all three specs of lock drastically. Which is why I shelved my DK and Rogue to make Lock my 1st Alt.

I think you don't hear from them because they don't want to draw attention to the fact that they are burning up meters and they don't want to get nerfed.
Reply Quote
Destro needs love. Other than that, locks are alright PvE wise. It is true though...the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and boy do mages know how to squeak!!

Locks are accustomed to getting hit with the nerfbat and flat out ignored, so I think many of them have lost the will to fight a pointless uphill battle with devs.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
I tend never to complain about Warlocks or Hunters, no matter how overpowered they are (or which character I'm maining), because I raided during Naxx 40 man. Both classes deserve to be overpowered every once in a while for that travesty.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
12/06/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Wexler
I think you don't hear from them because they don't want to draw attention to the fact that they are burning up meters and they don't want to get nerfed.

Eh, I won't deny that we could use a small (<5%) damage nerf.

Just not in a hotfix, because I would expect that to be handled about as well as the Fire Mage nerfs.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
12/06/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Peverell
I tend never to complain about Warlocks or Hunters, no matter how overpowered they are (or which character I'm maining), because I raided during Naxx 40 man. Both classes deserve to be overpowered every once in a while for that travesty.

Heh...we (my guild at the time) had a 'lock who was trying everything he could think of to improve his showing in Naxx 40. The conventional wisdom was that it was impossible to pull aggro on Patchwerk, so he decided to try...I don't recall the level 60 trees well, but it was a crazy Searing Pain-based build with a ton of crit.

About a minute into the fight, it turned out the conventional wisdom had its limits, and spamming double-threat Searing Pain crits was one way to exceed it. Patchwerk marched over to the Warlock and squished him, then went straight back to the tank as if nothing unusual had happened. Much hilarity ensued.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
12/06/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Lhivera
About a minute into the fight, it turned out the conventional wisdom had its limits, and spamming double-threat Searing Pain crits was one way to exceed it. Patchwerk marched over to the Warlock and squished him, then went straight back to the tank as if nothing unusual had happened. Much hilarity ensued.

That reminds me of every boss in BC if I didn't spend about half a second between each of my Shadow Bolts doing nothing at the start of a fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No more DotTimer! You only have THREE dots now as aff, and two of them can be refreshed together and the third never clips anymore. You can play aff now without any addons at all these days. It's like they actually listened to what people were saying two years ago. They actually listened. Took them a whole two years to fix the things that people were talking about.

Dot Maitenance is a lot easier, but I still would'nt recommend playing aff without a dotimer of some type.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Affliction essentially plays exactly the way Shadow played before 5.0.

3 DoTs (VT, DP, SW: P vs UA, Corruption, Agony)
1 Big nuke to maintain a buff to damage (Mind Blast vs Haunt)
A channeled filler (Mind Flay vs Malaefic Grasp)
An execute ability that nearly replaces your filler (SW: D vs Drain Soul)
Longer CDs that you use on CD (SF / 5x Dark Evangelism vs Dark Soul: Misery)

I know that it had me on the verge of switching classes for MoP simply for that reason.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I quit playing my lock because it became more about hard casting and less about dots. I used to love Affliction but couldn't stand what they did with them in Cata. I'll have to try it out again if its not about casting SB and Haunt over and over.
Reply Quote

I do not think locks appreciate how well crafted their class is. This is the best it has ever been for locks, the revamp was amazing.
My guild's lock does. He loves the new lock, and puts out silly damage as Demo.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
I change my mind regarding my earlier post about Affliction maybe needing a 3-5% nerf. It doesn't. I say this because Blizzard's nerf button has been stuck on the "to the ground" setting for all of MoP.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
This has become one of my main toons again after so very long.

But with 5.1, it appears they nerfed CB just a bit. Used to open up on mobs with a 1.5 hit, and its about 80% of that now, hitting around 1.15.

Going magelock, by saccing the imp pet, you are at full health most of the time, never need mana, and melt things along the way.

Maybe with more interest, I would attempt to do pvp again... but there's too many dailies to do, and so little game time in the day anymore.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue

Locks are accustomed to getting hit with the nerfbat and flat out ignored, so I think many of them have lost the will to fight a pointless uphill battle with devs.

Uphill battle? Warlocks are almost never bad.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The Fire Rule of PvE 'Locks: Don't talk about PvE 'Locks.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
12/06/2012 05:55 AMPosted by Faust
Affliction is probably next on the chopping block IMO. I could easily see a cooldowns beind added to SB:SS or a change to mastery scaling. With the changes in MoP mastery has just become a twin to spell power for affliction which blizzard specifically said they wanted to avoid.

12/06/2012 07:59 AMPosted by Lhivera
I went into MoP beta expecting to main one of my Warlocks come release. I came out more in love with the playstyles of my Mages than ever, and vaguely put off by the feel of all three 'lock specs. It's not that I feel they evolved badly, I just don't find that they suit me.

One of the things that people *have* to remember about warlocks is that nearly every nice toy they got between Cata and MoP was due to Xelnath, the warlock lead dev.

Who has just been fired.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
12/06/2012 03:58 AMPosted by Deerde
There is very little warlock discussion pve discussion around here, and I'm not quite sure why. The class doesn't seem to be very vocal or organized compared to, say, mages. The next lock theorycrafter I see around here will be the first.

The last real vocal Lock I remember was Mayo... and that was quite some time ago. Although I'm thinking Lhivera and Deerde may remember him.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
12/06/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Deerde
I'd say it is because we PVE Warlocks are generally very content and thus less likely to post in the damage dealing thread.

You need to complain more about destro, dammit. It's underpowered.

On single target fights? Yes destro is underpowered compared to affliction, but it is perfectly fine for 2 target, multi-target, and cleave fights:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q6ffqc5u39lk5gri/sum/damageDone/?s=1878&e=2339

Not that my dps numbers are exceptional, but good enough to get the job done
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
12/06/2012 10:08 PMPosted by Sorrów
One of the things that people *have* to remember about warlocks is that nearly every nice toy they got between Cata and MoP was due to Xelnath, the warlock lead dev.

The dev team isn't structured with specific devs for specific classes. The whole team works on all classes together, and reaches decisions by consensus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]