Glyph of Shadowbolt for Affliction

90 Undead Warlock
12/06/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Lokthen
Be glad that all classes got cool cosmetic minor glyphs (well, except Warlocks arguably) in the first place.

Glyph of Soulwell would like a word. Also Glyph of Nightmares (which is not only cosmetic). I'm ok with our cosmetic glyphs actually :D

Glyph of Soulwell is a running joke with me and my friends. "What the !@#$, this guy's soulwell isn't glowing with an eerie light. %^-* that, I'm not touching any healthstones out of that boring pot. What a scrub, didn't even glyph right."

Nightmares is cool, but the fact that you can touch water for a split second, run on to try land and stop, and your horse sits there farting flames for three seconds shows how little work they put into it compared to some other sweet cosmetic stuff, like the effects for having full burning embers or demonic fury. Honestly, the coolest minor is Eye of Kilrogg.
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
12/06/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Dancemacabre
but hey, every robe I find is shocking low cut, and is tattered for my hip bones, and fleshless joints, and I can live with that.

lol i just love this part :D seriously a topic to be addressed: sexism in wow. female pandas make me ssqueamish

edit: for the record i understand what u are requesting (MG to look like a series of SBs) and that couldnt be too difficult to implement. Really it would have no other effect than cosmetic (as u said , like arcane missiles). dont know why ppl are having difficulty understanding this
Edited by Vladislaw on 12/8/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thank you Vlad, it seems like some people think I'm demanding some entire gameplay change, though I was before

And yeah
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I support this.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Again if you think this is a good idea, go under System Menu, and in the Help menu, there is a clickable box thats labeled as "Suggestions"
Go ahead and tell them you want Glyph of Shadow bolt to turn MG into a channeled shadow bolt barrage. If you guys catch my drift, or idea, feel free to go into the details and specifics, to just make a cosmetic change.

Again I think if we use the proper avenues, and keep some pressure, while being respectful, I think we can see it before the expansion is up.

Thank you all again for your support and inputs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm gonna bump this to get it off Page 2, and again say that if you want it seen, please use the "Suggestion Option" in the help menu
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Giving this a bump for those that are wishing to support it, and willing to make the suggestion through the in-game system for suggestion making
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
As long as it's purely a cosmetic change (and the OP's actual suggestion is, contrary to those of you that just read the first 3-4 sentences before responding), I'm definitely in favor. Minor glyphs need more cosmetic flare, at the moment they are just sorta meh in any regard.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Giving this a bump
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Giving this another since I think it's absolutely possible, and I really want this to happen,

Holding out hope!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Giving this another bump prior to PTR 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Another Bump for support
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
12/06/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Dancemacabre
So why not have a cosmetic change to have the MG turn into a channeled Shadow bolt barrage, It can do the same amount of damage, have the same effect, and is even in the same cosmetic school of magic (shadow), none of the mechanics have to change.

Hell, I want that for Demonology: Channeled "shadowbolt missiles" where the channel time == current shadow bolt's cast time. (It would always fire 3 bolts, regardless of channel time) It could even be baked into destruction to do the same thing with Incinerate. That way, a demonology-only glyph becomes an all-specs glyph that enriches all 3 specs.

I like it.
Edited by Aesica on 12/27/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for your support,
I don't think it would work for incinerate, since it travels on the ground, and changing it to a Shadowbolt may throw off players, due to the magic school, plus they're getting green fire anyway

And again, if you want it in game, go to the Help menu (The one you usally go to to report when you're stuck, or bugs) and the second to last option should be "Suggestion" and just respecfully request it.
I've had a few people in my guild do it, but the more Locks we can get, the better chance we'll see it in patch 5.2
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This is an interesting idea for a cosmetic change to MG. Taking each tick of the channel and making it into a separate bolt is kinda neat!

I'm concerned that this might make Affliction feel too 'magey,' because as the OP pointed out it's similar in concept to Arcane Missiles. One goal of the Mists revamp was to make Warlocks feel distinct from Mages, and I think the devs did a very good job there. Giving mage-like effects to Warlock spells would be a step backwards.

(That said, I personally feel MG looks very Shadow Priesty, so I would welcome a glyph which moves it away from its current form.)
Edited by Cynwise on 12/27/2012 2:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for your honest opinion Cynwise,

I admitted earlier that it's more out of nostalgia's sake, so you're "step backwards" comment is completely justified

And thank you for taking the time to visit this wretched hive of scum and villainy that is the class forums
You made my Winterveil
(^u^)
Reply Quote
87 Human Warlock
12/08/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Insanovich
Glyph of Soulwell would like a word. Also Glyph of Nightmares (which is not only cosmetic). I'm ok with our cosmetic glyphs actually :D

Glyph of Soulwell is a running joke with me and my friends. "What the !@#$, this guy's soulwell isn't glowing with an eerie light. %^-* that, I'm not touching any healthstones out of that boring pot. What a scrub, didn't even glyph right."[/quote]

I totally agree, why are these locks running around with sub-par cookie-pusher portals? They need to get all over that !@#$; glyph it and go pro ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
I miss using shadowbolt
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
TY all for your support
Again, if you want it to happen, use the "suggestion" option in the help menu.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]