Glyph of Shadowbolt for Affliction

90 Gnome Warlock
01/25/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Dancemacabre
Again put it in the suggestion option in the help menu, or for those lucky enough to comment on the 5.2 notes, please see if you can make it happen

What's that option? Where is it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Go to the ingame menu (Either by hitting the ESC key and clicking help or clicking the customer support icon, a blue question mark on your action bar) The second to last option, above "Open a Ticket" is "Submit a suggestion."

It encourages constructive criticism to make the game a better place, just put down you want Glyph Of Shadow Bolt to change the graphic of MG from a to a channeled Shadow Bolt Volley, so so instead of a purple beam, it's a stream of tiny skulls.

Well word it however you feel it should be worded to get your thoughts across

Again I'm not saying make it the default, just to make it a minor glyph for those nostalgic folks (Like Glyph of Treant, or Cheetah for Druids, or the non-damaging Corpse Explosion for DKs)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also, if anyone has 5.2 access, let me know if it's easier to get your suggestions through the PTR, so I can start pushing on that front as well

I'm sending e-mails, Tweets, hitting forums, talking to guildies.

I guess I'm just pushing this one so hard because I really don't see it affecting the game too much, or having to do an insane amount of recoding. The animation is in the game, and MG is Shadow Bolt until level 42 when it changes to Malefic Grasp, so I'm sure the coding for the original spell is still there.
Reply Quote
I like this idea.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Thanks for your support Tsong, but, I don't think any of the devs read the class forums, (Ghostcrawler has tweeted before that he only reads General forums.) I'm not sure about the other devs as well (Except for Xelnath -_-)

So go to the customer support window and go to Submit a suggestion,
If we're aren't vocal about it, it's not gonna happen.
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Druid
12/27/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Mouse
I miss using shadowbolt
Me too.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
down
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Vårgulf
Seriously though, female Meta should come first.

Oy. The last thing we need is another oversexualized female demon that female demo locks are forced to shift into.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
01/25/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Dancemacabre
Also, if anyone has 5.2 access, let me know if it's easier to get your suggestions through the PTR, so I can start pushing on that front as well

Everyone has 5.2 access. The PTR is open to everyone as is the forums for it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/27/2013 01:05 AMPosted by Jurani

Everyone has 5.2 access. The PTR is open to everyone as is the forums for it.

There is an issue with some accounts that still list their account as Cata, and can't access 5.2 PTR,

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7591979213?page=1

I am one of the unlucky ones, so I can't list my suggestion on the PTR
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
12/06/2012 04:52 AMPosted by Dancemacabre
do miss our old Shadowbolt

I dusted off a Warlock who I mainly keep around for his tailoring/enchanting (anyone want an Embersilk bag? I got loads of mats!) last weekend. I'd always had him Affliction, so I could go out and fear juggle half a dozen mobs and walk away unscathed. So I went Affliction as usual. Started setting up my action bars and hot keys.

OK, I see, Drain Life has a different name, that's cool. OK, Curse of Agony is now just Agony, that's fine ... hey, wait a minute, where's Shadowbolt? Couldn't find it anywhere, so I gave up and went out a questing.

Then I heard that sound and got that buff (can't remember the name) that in the past aways meant "INSTANT SHADOWBOLT!" ... that confused me. OK, so if I'm getting the buff, that must mean I have SB, right? Finally asked a guild 'lock ... ok, so no more SB for me.

I'm divided on this. I think MG looks pretty cool. But we have enough channel drains already, and I've always been kinda jealous of Arcane Missles ...
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Shadow Missiles!

Also I want Fan of Shadowbolts!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Giving this another bump

BTW I say spam ghostcrawlers twitter account with the request

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler

5.2 is around the corner, And if we miss that bus, well, who knows when we'll have our chance again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Bumping again
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]