Level-capping: Does it convert XP to gold?

1 Draenei Warrior
I'm returning (from Burning Crusade days) with a friend who has never played WoW (or MMORPGs, really). I don't want to rush his leveling experience (especially since the Recruit-A-Friend thing triples XP).

I've read how you can turn off XP gain. By any chance, does this convert quest XP into extra gold, like it does at the actual level cap?
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Nope. If you turn off xp manually, you still earn the experience from quests; it just disappears into a black hole--well, I guess it counts for guild xp, but otherwise it doesn't help you. It will not convert to extra money.

Only when you're capped at 20 as a trial account, 80 from not having Cataclysm, 85 from not having MoP, or 90 will quest xp convert to extra money.

I use the xp-off feature a lot, so I know this from experience. x)
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a related question: if you turn off XP do you still accrue rested XP?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Nope.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/06/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Ziegmund
I have a related question: if you turn off XP do you still accrue rested XP?

12/06/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Cerylia
you still earn the experience from quests; it just disappears into a black hole

There's your answer.

The only way to get XP turned to gold is to be level capped at your current expansion. So if you only have a TBC account, quests done at level 70 will turn XP into gold. If you have up to Wrath, you'll get XP to gold at level 80. And so on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]