Please Blizzard.

100 Troll Shaman
Why do all your alts need faction gear again?

You can get into LFR just by doing heroics...

compare a 476 lfr piece with a 489 rep piece.

Consider that you only need heroic dungeon gear (463) to do NORMAL raids and get equivalent or better gear.

As you can tell I like achievements, as soon as I hit exalted with a faction from doing dailies I stopped doing them.

With account-wide mounts/achievements there is almost no incentive to continue doing dailies on alts as it gains you marginal gear benefits that you don't actually need to complete normal raid instances.

The only legit gripe with rep grinds is when you have profession recipes on the rep vendors that you cannot obtain on your alt with the required profession. If they allowed you to buy these if you had a main with the rep (or have the grand commendation applied to the account) I see absolutely no issue with reps and alts.
Edited by Potsu on 12/5/2012 8:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Why do all your alts need faction gear again?

You can get into LFR just by doing heroics...

compare a 476 lfr piece with a 489 rep piece.

Yes? So?

That's why it takes so long to grind the rep to get a 489. 476's are a lot easier to get because you just go in the door to LFR. It doesn't explain why those alts need 489 gear right now, and can't just work up to it through LFRs (and raids later, if you have the time or inclination)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
12/05/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Potsu
The only legit gripe with rep grinds is when you have profession recipes on the rep vendors that you cannot obtain on your alt with the required profession. If they allowed you to buy these if you had a main with the rep (or have the grand commendation applied to the account) I see absolutely no issue with reps and alts.

Actually I see that as a huge issue. The good thing about recipes on reps is it stops people with an army of alt crafters just being able to make every single high-end item without having to put the effort in on each and every one to get them.

I say this as someone with an army of alt crafters. No way should it be easier for me to have access to craft every single piece of high end gear than it is to ask someone else to make it for me. Some patterns should be rare, and require you to find someone that's specifically put the time in to get them. The person that did the rep grind on their leatherworker*, for example, should be rewarded by being one of the few to be able to profit from it, not just anyone who did the grind and has a leatherworker alt too.

*Random example, I have no idea if LW patterns are available via rep or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
How about making them account wide up until Revered?

Think of it this way:

Your main character you hit Exalted with is so renowned in that Faction that he can put in the 'good word' for you. Unfortunately, there isn't an employer in any world, in any form, that is going to 100% trust you with everything right off the bat - on the word of Mr.Exalted or not. So he is going to give you some time to build your trust up with 'em.

Makes sense? It does to me anyway.

I'm all for the idea of Account-Wide Factions Reputation, but not all the way up to Exalted.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I don't want faction rep shared (though, boy, would that make my little enchanter alt happy - I don't like playing warlocks, but to have access to the MoP faction enchants would be nice).

But what would be nice if the Raise XX Reputations to Exalted achievements were shared across the account. My previous main has the 45 Rep title. I generally like getting exalted reps. It's fun for me. But I no longer enjoy playing that toon, so I'd like for new reps gained on this toon to add on to the achievement.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
12/05/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Alelsa

Actually I see that as a huge issue. The good thing about recipes on reps is it stops people with an army of alt crafters just being able to make every single high-end item without having to put the effort in on each and every one to get them.

I say this as someone with an army of alt crafters. No way should it be easier for me to have access to craft every single piece of high end gear than it is to ask someone else to make it for me. Some patterns should be rare, and require you to find someone that's specifically put the time in to get them. The person that did the rep grind on their leatherworker*, for example, should be rewarded by being one of the few to be able to profit from it, not just anyone who did the grind and has a leatherworker alt too.

*Random example, I have no idea if LW patterns are available via rep or not.

I think Blizzard has sort of already stopped this from happening by making the good gear patterns only drop in raids. All of the rep patterns are enchanting or tailoring or other items which are BoE/tradable to other people which means you just need to find someone who's main did the rep grind and has the corresponding profession.

I can only see this being a problem for hardcore completionists (I have every cooking/alch rec and am only missing some rare drop eng patterns) who want every single pattern for a profession.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
12/05/2012 12:21 AMPosted by Fearoshíma
I don't like it because if somebody has 10 characters, they can do dailies/raids/dungeons/etc on each of these characters to earn reputation. This would essentially mean that whoever has the most alts gets exalted faster, which isn't fair to people that like playing on a main account.

couldnt this be remedied by just allowing rep gains once per day but still allowing dailies for gold if someone likes it
Reply Quote
66 Troll Shaman
I'm hesitant to get any of my multiple level 80-85 characters up to 90 because I barely have time to do dailies on my main who has been 90 since three days after Mists of Pandaria launch. I'm still not even revered with golden lotus, between school and the time I put into raiding and other responsibilities I don't have time to throw an hour or two into dailies each day.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Yeah, grinding sucks!
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
12/05/2012 09:32 AMPosted by Eliil
Yeah, grinding sucks!

That depends...
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
12/04/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Garu
I can't even spend my valor points without grinding rep.
false - the gear upgrade NPC does not require ANY reputation to use, just iLv 458 gear or higher, which can be gotten via heroics and then via LFR after reaching iLv 460 from upgrading heroic gear via the NPC
Edited by Zaxan on 12/5/2012 9:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
You have my +1!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Efa
I'm going to go out and just ask, I know some of you may disagree or whatever and some of you may agree. I've been playing WoW since 2007. I love the game, I love the lore, and I was an original Warcraft player. What I'm asking is, please make reputations account-wide. I enjoy playing multiple toons, I always have. And it's just too much to have to grind rep again on another one, even if you do get a "bonus" after revered. Some of us 'oldschool' players are older now, more responsibilities but that doesn't mean we don't still love to escape from reality to Azeroth. It's just a suggestion, or a plea, whichever you want to call it.

Amen to this!
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin

The above is a "Lore" type reason of why the new system works great. You grind out the rep first and your other toons get a speedy pass, but still have to do it.

This does actually work great, but you're opening yourself up to, lore-wise, the shotcaller asking you why the hell you're vouching for a dude you're supposed to be at war with, when your alt is of the other faction.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

The above is a "Lore" type reason of why the new system works great. You grind out the rep first and your other toons get a speedy pass, but still have to do it.

This does actually work great, but you're opening yourself up to, lore-wise, the shotcaller asking you why the hell you're vouching for a dude you're supposed to be at war with, when your alt is of the other faction.

Ehh maybe he's your "Special" brother from a fling your dad had back in the day before hard lines we're drawn... Who knows? I'm far from a Lore type person. Just trying to put a spin on why it would make sense in the game to make your toons all go through the rep grind but once you get the first one the other ones get to grind it a bit fasters. I'm sure it's full of holes in an actual lore setting.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I just got a second toon to level 90 and I thought I wouldn't like doing the rep grinds again.

But I gotta tell you, I actually like doing the Tiller dailies again on another toon. I don't know what it is, but they really did something right with the Tiller's rep.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Why would they do that, they want people to have to grind so they play longer
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I would like to see this as well. It's just too much work.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hope Blizzard does make reputation account wide.

Not all of us have the time to grind rep on one character, much less with alts. Make rep accountwide!

God no! People keep wanting everything account wide, but what happens when you do most things? Make a new toon and OOP they already have everything, game over. :-(
No, rep being account wide is a terrible idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]