Murder of Crows, target swap on kill

90 Orc Hunter
I'm 99% sure they don't but does A Murder of Crows swap to a new target if the target you used it on dies while the duration of the effect is not over? It's considered a DoT so I believe it does NOT swap. Does Blizzard have any intention of making this item into an effect that isn't a target specific DoT and instead something more like the Dire Beast effect where if the target dies the beasts/crows can move to a new target of the player?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm sorry, I saw Murder of Crows and stopped paying attention. :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
so why read the topic, open it, read what i said, then comment?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It does not and I highly doubt they'll change it.
Reply Quote
No it doesnt, and i doubt it will, that wouldn't make much sense.

Murder of Crows is aweful though, truly terrible. Might I recommend speccing into the far superior blink strike or lynx rush. MoC is a mediocre at best dot, on a 2 minute cooldown, that costs over half our focus pool..it's aweful. IMO blink strike is the best one in that tree for every spec, it's free, it's a shortish cooldown and it can crit for pretty big numbers, even as MM.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
No it doesnt, and i doubt it will, that wouldn't make much sense.

Murder of Crows is aweful though, truly terrible. Might I recommend speccing into the far superior blink strike or lynx rush. MoC is a mediocre at best dot, on a 2 minute cooldown, that costs over half our focus pool..it's aweful. IMO blink strike is the best one in that tree for every spec, it's free, it's a shortish cooldown and it can crit for pretty big numbers, even as MM.

Blink Strike is only better for PvP or fights where you need to swap to adds quickly. MoC is a HUGE increase for all three specs in PvE where you will have high uptime on the boss. I'm talking 15-20% of your damage, at least. Lynx Rush is no longer better for BM.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Don't use MoC unless you are going to get the full duration. Otherwise use Lynx Rush.

For PVP purposes I do not see them allowing MoC to switch targets.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/05/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Halions
MoC is a HUGE increase for all three specs in PvE where you will have high uptime on the boss. I'm talking 15-20% of your damage, at least. Lynx Rush is no longer better for BM.

Eh...its only ~1% higher than LR on FD, gear depending of course.

Edit: Using a BM spec, never checked for SV/MM, but it should be similar since BM's Mastery affects all three.
Edited by Verdash on 12/5/2012 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Hunter
12/04/2012 08:27 PMPosted by Huntàrd
so why read the topic, open it, read what i said, then comment?

Because hes a death knight and still somewhat under the influence of the Lich King. On a serious note, I feel you brother. Murder of crows is awesome and im working on a spec and transmog set around the whole dark and deathly theme.

However since its not that powerful I think it should also do what dire beast does. Attack the target you switch to if the current one dies during. They could even make the crows "circile" the area during transition for its duration.

The biggest plus, is often overlooked. Its ANNOYING. Lol.
Edited by Raygar on 12/5/2012 9:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
CLC
12/05/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Verdash
MoC is a HUGE increase for all three specs in PvE where you will have high uptime on the boss. I'm talking 15-20% of your damage, at least. Lynx Rush is no longer better for BM.

Eh...its only ~1% higher than LR on FD, gear depending of course.

Edit: Using a BM spec, never checked for SV/MM, but it should be similar since BM's Mastery affects all three.

Ah.. you're right. FD was bugging out the other day and showed MoC as ~4k over LR. Now it's 300-400. Then again, crit was also shown to have a -2.2 dps rating, and weapon speed had a -77.7... lol.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 05:40 AMPosted by Halions
Blink Strike is only better for PvP

Oh ya, should have clarified there, I was referring to pvp.

And ya LR is aweful now, but from a pvp perspective it is still better than MoC, if only slightly.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Don't use MoC unless you are going to get the full duration. Otherwise use Lynx Rush.

For PVP purposes I do not see them allowing MoC to switch targets.

If you aren't going to get full duration from MoC, chances are you won't from LR either.

12/06/2012 06:37 AMPosted by Rämbo
aweful

aweful = not a word (once upon a time it meant "full of awe" which I doubt is what you were going for here)

awful = that word you were trying to use
Edited by Stalkings on 12/6/2012 7:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
aweful = not a word (once upon a time it meant "full of awe" which I doubt is what you were going for here)

lol indeed it was not
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
60 focus vs 0 focus, not really worth screwing yourself up
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
12/07/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Positivity
60 focus vs 0 focus, not really worth screwing yourself up

The mild hassle involved in juggling that extra cost is actually "rewarded" with a mild increase in your top theoritical damage.

So really, the gains are actually worth the effort...it just that it isn't a huge difference however you look at it.

One thing though, MoC can't be parried.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It does not, HOWEVER, you can readiness and pop MoC on 2 targets (Great for heroic or normal Will of the Emperors for example) but unfortunately it does not swap targets if you use it on one that ends up dying before the full duration.

MoC is still the best talent to pick of that tier, imo, as it does just incredible damage throughout the fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-epjajra9irih5z4s/details/22/?s=12411&e=12936

This was from our Heroic Elegon kill this week, MoC uptime being rather bad (off CD) but my 3rd most damaging ability..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]