Ideas for a Shadow Priest DPS Cooldown

90 Human Priest
I have created this forum post because shadow priests lack a DPS cooldown. An idea that i have is like an improved shadow form. It should increase haste or another stat and instantly give 3 shadow orbs, the effect could be something like empress shekzeer in the last phase with black stuff flowing out of the priest.

Another idea that could be possible is incorporate dispersion into a offensive cooldown by allowing you to attack and cast and add a stat increase. I think an ability like ascension for priests would be really great and also an ability that increases haste.

I dont see why blizzard havent added a dps cooldown for shadow and in my opinion it won't make them too op like the top but add some good burst for priests and increase the dps by a little as priests are a bit low compared to other classes.
Edited by Priestlyman on 12/5/2012 2:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I agree we need something. I've used a macro before that linked up an on use trinket with my herbalism haste buff that functioned okay. I noticed there's a new 496 on use trinket from the operation shieldwall quartemaster that I might give a try for bursts.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Priest
I really like your improved shadow form idea, but increasing haste might make pi even.more.obsolete than it is now, or it may make it too good depending on the haste break points that could be reached. Perhaps it would be better to do crit or increase generation of aparitions and their movement speed or make them instant in addition to the three orbs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Sorry, meant to post in this room, not hiccus. Dern bliz logging me into the wrong toon :p
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Here an idea for a cooldown it work in two parts:

Part 1:
Void Sermons
You have a 100% chance when Mind Flay to gain Void Sermons. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 15 sec. Increases the damage done by your Periodic Shadow spells by 2%.

Part 2:
Calling of the Prince
Instant
Consumes your Void Sermon effects, increasing the damage done by your Mind Flay, Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death 4% for each stack consumed. Lasts for 18 sec. 90 sec cooldown.

I know it's a little bit out there, but somehow I have a feeling this just might work for shadow...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Here an idea for a cooldown it work in two parts:

Part 1:
Void Sermons
You have a 100% chance when Mind Flay to gain Void Sermons. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts for 15 sec. Increases the damage done by your Periodic Shadow spells by 2%.

Part 2:
Calling of the Prince
Instant
Consumes your Void Sermon effects, increasing the damage done by your Mind Flay, Mind Spike, Mind Blast and Shadow Word: Death 4% for each stack consumed. Lasts for 18 sec. 90 sec cooldown.

I know it's a little bit out there, but somehow I have a feeling this just might work for shadow...

Your idea isn't even remotely "out there" per se. These mechanics have existed in the game before, and nobody liked them. Too tedious.

Your first idea used to be Shadow Weaving. Then Evangelism. Your second idea used to be called Dark Archangel. Both were abandoned with Mists of Pandaria.

Me no like! I'm happy with where shadow is now. I wouldn't mind having another cooldown, though..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I think because priests are the dedicated healing class (the only class with 2 healing specs) its reasonable to understand why we dont have an offensive cooldown in my opinion. We are essentially healers that can also dps, rather then a dedicated dps class.

It seems fair to me, its not like we're weaklings, we're 4th for overall dps

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10H/100/7/30/p75/#3vv
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I think because priests are the dedicated healing class (the only class with 2 healing specs) its reasonable to understand why we dont have an offensive cooldown in my opinion. We are essentially healers that can also dps, rather then a dedicated dps class.

That's like saying resto druids don't need tranquility or resto shamans don't need spirit link totem cause they don't have two healer specs. Just because we have two healing specs shouldn't mean our pure dps spec should be denied the ability of solid burst like any other dps spec has. I do agree, we aren't terrible, it would just be nice to have a "KILL IT NOW!" Button while still remaining unique.
Edited by Anzrael on 12/5/2012 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
As much as i would like to have a REAL dps CD (i really don't like SF), i don't think its gonna happen anytime soon.
I remember blizz saying they don't want class homogenization.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That's like saying resto druids don't need tranquility or resto shamans don't need spirit link totem cause they don't have two healer specs. Just because we have two healing specs shouldn't mean our pure dps spec should be denied the ability of solid burst like any other dps spec has. I do agree, we aren't terrible, it would just be nice to have a "KILL IT NOW!" Button while still remaining unique.

actually you're right my theory on it being because we have 2 heals specs makes no sense at all, sounded good when i wrote it tho
Edited by Sâshagrey on 12/5/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Personally would love to see a dps cooldown even if it was a straight boost like pally wings.

Also a way to gain 3 shadow orbs out of combat on a 2 minute or so cooldown having to find some critters to mind blast when you wipe on a boss so you don't lose dps is BS. Other classes that boomkin that use a resource system have an ability to recharge it out of combat.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Empowered Shadows: your damage-over-time spells deal 50% additional damage for 20sec, 2min CD. Good synergy with procs/trinkets without too much burst in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Bring back archangel for shadow and have it consume orbs. Does a shadow increase based on how many orbs you have. Maybe 5,10,15% increase damage.

And put devouring plague on a cooldown instead of using orbs. Just my thoughts.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I was gonna make a thread just like this, we need to get some good ideas rolling.
I'm personally thinking nothing too crazy is necessary, just a 1:30sec or even a 2minute cooldown that would the ideal time for 5mans, burn phases, and arenas.

I think the best way to go is with more shadow orb generation, like these:
2:00 cooldown
For the next 24 seconds your mind blasts grants 3 shadow orbs.

1:30 cooldown
For the next 20 seconds mindflay has a % chance per tick to grant 1 shadow orb

or even something sorta out there like:
1:30 cooldown
Your next 2 mind sears do damage to a single target that equals the damage it would do to X amount of targets

edit: This would be pretty legit too.
12/05/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Quadz
Empowered Shadows: your damage-over-time spells deal 50% additional damage for 20sec, 2min CD. Good synergy with procs/trinkets without too much burst in pvp.
Edited by Mohabu on 12/5/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
As long as it's a unique cooldown I would be fine with it.

I don't want another generic cd in my rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Heya Guise I got one... It's called erm, Arc Angel trololol. We could use some CD for DoT spreading or a burst dps one for sure. Also, I'm not 100% happy with VTouch being a 3 min CD.

K here's an idea - 2 min CD - Causes all of your dot's to detonate and deal their remaining damage instantly.
Edited by Electrosoul on 12/5/2012 2:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I would be ok with them just tweaking certain existing mechanics - for instance, let our mastery work on mind blast or SW:D. While a new cd would be nice I would only be happy with it if it was unique, and we didn't lose anything I like about the class to get it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]