Everyone is level 90....

85 Tauren Paladin
I'm only 85 ^.^ I have 1 character at 90 and the rest are just relaxing and playing around with holidays, acheesements, and collecting.

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
I wouldn't go so far as to say "Everyone." I sat in the low-30's for over a year and only just hit 45 last week! Eventually I'll make it to 90. I'm sure of it...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/05/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Nethaera
Except me. Maybe I'm slacking or maybe I'm tired of the pandaren lands.
Not everyone. Some are taking the phrase, "slow down" to heart and focusing on more things than just getting to max level.

Isn't that the truth!!

I had 10 85's (one of each class). I just purchased MoP last week (mainly due to the 50% discount). I decided this time to only level 5 classes, and I am doing them simultaneously (2 alliance, 3 horde) and I am going to take my time doing it. I could not care less about raiding so me having to "get gear" is secondary to me enjoying the content.

I have to say - so far, I am thoroughly impressed with MoP. The expansion has been amazing!
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Nethaera
Except me. Maybe I'm slacking or maybe I'm tired of the pandaren lands.

Not everyone. Some are taking the phrase, "slow down" to heart and focusing on more things than just getting to max level. What's most important is that you take time to enjoy the experiences for what they are. The game isn't going anywhere so taking a little down time now and then isn't a bad thing. Everyone levels at their own pace. I personally tend to level a bit at a time, go do some other things (like pet battles, or professions, achievement hunting), and then go back to it later.

It's the thing I enjoy most about World of Warcraft is that there is so much variety that I can choose to do something else for a bit if I start to feel "burn out" on whatever it is I'm currently focused on. I've never been the type that can just "grind out" one aspect from start to finish. I have to sort of sample things as a go.

Curious--do you guys keep stats on this kind of stuff? I've heard the occasional story of someone taking 4-5 months to hit max level, but I've always wondered how common this approach to the game is.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Vesada

Not everyone. Some are taking the phrase, "slow down" to heart and focusing on more things than just getting to max level. What's most important is that you take time to enjoy the experiences for what they are. The game isn't going anywhere so taking a little down time now and then isn't a bad thing. Everyone levels at their own pace. I personally tend to level a bit at a time, go do some other things (like pet battles, or professions, achievement hunting), and then go back to it later.

It's the thing I enjoy most about World of Warcraft is that there is so much variety that I can choose to do something else for a bit if I start to feel "burn out" on whatever it is I'm currently focused on. I've never been the type that can just "grind out" one aspect from start to finish. I have to sort of sample things as a go.

Curious--do you guys keep stats on this kind of stuff? I've heard the occasional story of someone taking 4-5 months to hit max level, but I've always wondered how common this approach to the game is.

Sure, we keep track of how many have reached max and when. It's not anything we share publicly though. I've known some that will take a year or more to reach maximum level because they play so minimally. Everyone has their own pace that feels right to them.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
12/05/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Vesada
Not everyone. Some are taking the phrase, "slow down" to heart and focusing on more things than just getting to max level.

I cruised to level 90 so I could raid before content gets nerfed to oblivion, and start some pvp with the big kids.

But if thats not your thing, then yeah...about 1 in 50 quests had kinda neat stuff to read. I loved the Klaxxi stuff.

Don't worry, its not all monkey-poop jokes; just the first 3 levels.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I have 4 at 90 and others at 85-88.

I do not recommend it.

Massive burnout @.@
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
A lot of the panda land quests were cool, but they get old really fast.

I liked BC/wotlk a lot more. Collect up lots of quests, run out and complete them all, run back and hand in 15 completed quests for big xp/rewards.

for panda land though, waiting for a monkey to prepare to do something for 5 minutes, then to talk for 5 minutes until i can complete my quest is not that great.
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Paladin
12/05/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Atsuko

The one thing I really like is the changes to the enemy mobs in the MoP. Alot of them have mechanics that make the fights interesting and if you are smart you can avoid or use them to your advantage.

I noticed that as well and really like it. The mobs in the old world are boring. I would love to see new mechanics implemented to spice up the mobs and make the leveling more interesting. Allow me to actually use "interrupt" spells to help me learn my class more and prepare me for dungeons/raids that need it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Sure, we keep track of how many have reached max and when. It's not anything we share publicly though. I've known some that will take a year or more to reach maximum level because they play so minimally. Everyone has their own pace that feels right to them.

My first level 60, also the first and pretty much only character I played, took 36 days /played.

BWL was out and my guild had Onyxia and MC on farm by the time I finally hit 60.

So BWL came out in 1.6, which was on July 12th, 2005. Game launched on Nov 23rd 2004.

So...

Yeah.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You can do it Senpai. Go go go!

I only have 2 at level 90. I don't plan on getting any of my other alts past 85. No Ty.

I have 4 at 90 and others at 85-88.

I do not recommend it.

Massive burnout @.@

You're doing well. But break time's over. Now get back to leveling those other 85-88. Go go go. You may have a nutrition bar. But nothing else.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
My friend is lvl 88 or maybe he hit 89 now. Either way... Hes taking it REALLY slow :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I'm not 90 yet. I just buoght the expansion last week (also mostly due to the 50% off) and I'm most definitely taking my time.

I'm reading quests, enjoying the scenery and quietly crying because my fps sucks in Pandaria which means I'm going to have to get a new video card at some point.

Anywho, there's no right or wrong way to do things in this game. You do what you like, at your own pace, and the heck with everyone else.

But I've gotta admit, I got into Stormstout Brewery last night for the first time and laughed hysterically. I sad to my husband "this dungeon is like a demented version of Donkey Kong".
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I refuse to do such a painful grind a 2nd time without flying.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Death Knight
As the cow guru in The Far Side told the cow youngling...

"As you travel down the road of life, don't forget to stop and eat the roses."

Roses are delicious. :p
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
As the cow guru in The Far Side told the cow youngling...

This made me smile
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Not me! (yet) My hubby and I are questing together, reading everything, and taking things slow. We're both enjoying it better than when we just rush to the ending (giggity).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
This game is way more than rushing to max level to get geared for raids, IMO.

I love taking in the world, reading the stories, meeting new characters and watching how I can help them shape the world...it's all so much fun.

I have countless alts at a myriad of different levels, and each leveling experience is never the same, even if it's the same class.

There's so much to Azeroth and I feel like I've barely scratched the surface.

Taking time with leveling feels way more rewarding to me :D

So with that...

12/05/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Kyraz
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm only level 76. So don't feel bad....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]