Weekly maintenance Christmas week...

Both Christmas and New Years fall on Tuesdays this time around. Any chance the weekly maintenance will be moved to Wednesday those two weeks? A lot of people will be off work and having to wait until 3 PM EST will stink!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Won't know until it gets closer to those dates. Can't say for sure on New Years, but on Christmas I'd imagine WoW won't be that populated, what with people spending time with their families etc.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
12/05/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Capistrano
Both Christmas and New Years fall on Tuesdays this time around. Any chance the weekly maintenance will be moved to Wednesday those two weeks? A lot of people will be off work and having to wait until 3 PM EST will stink!

Most likely not since maintenance is always on Tuesdays. Can't say much about New Years, but most people will likely be spending Christmas day with their families, not worrying about why they can't log into a game....
Reply Quote
In years past, Bliz has been pretty sensitive to issues like national holidays falling on maint days, and has taken every effort to get any serious updating needs done on the preceeding tuesday so that on the holiday tuesday they can do rolling restarts for 15 minutes instead of full 8 hour down times. Cross your fingers and hope they don't discover any glaring bugs that week that require a full maintenance cycle, and we get the rolling restarts instead. Grin...mention it in your letter to Santa.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Priest
a lot of people will also be spending time with their families.... I know Tuesdays have fallen on those days in the past, but i can't recall if the maint. was moved or shortened (iirc, it wasn't, but it's been awhile ;))
Reply Quote
3 Night Elf Hunter
I hope they do have maintenance, at least on Christmas. That way if the servers are down my family at least will actually enjoy the holiday instead of sitting at a computer.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/05/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Gantaris

Most likely not since maintenance is always on Tuesdays. Can't say much about New Years, but most people will likely be spending Christmas day with their families, not worrying about why they can't log into a game....

I would hope that Blizzard would recognize that their employees would likely want to spend the day with their families, not worrying about a video game at all.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Capistrano

Most people have better things to do on Christmas than play WoW.

12/05/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Vamphunterd
I hope they do have maintenance, at least on Christmas. That way if the servers are down my family at least will actually enjoy the holiday instead of sitting at a computer.

^This^ x 100.
Reply Quote
For those pooh-poohing my question, there are actually lots of people out there with either not much in the way of family or, as in my case, family four time zones away who I can't afford to go see this year.

So Christmas is just a day off work this year, one I wouldn't mind being able to play during, while I still have my 6 month subscription activated.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
For those pooh-poohing my question, there are actually lots of people out there with either not much in the way of family or, as in my case, family four time zones away who I can't afford to go see this year.

So Christmas is just a day off work this year, one I wouldn't mind being able to play during, while I still have my 6 month subscription activated.

You're able to play any maintenance day.

That said any announcement of maintenance will be posted in the Service Status Forum.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Thunderwulf
You're able to play any maintenance day.

Not until around 3 PM my time which, for a morning person like myself, kinda' sucks.
Reply Quote
69 Orc Death Knight
12/05/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Capistrano

FWIW, Skype and such may be a good idea there, and then, of course, there ARE players who don't celebrate Christmas for whatever reason.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]