The Regent Lord and Garrosh in Mogujia Ruins

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Spoilers below if you have not done the Horde campaign quests. I'll be posting updates in this thread about the story as it unfolds for me.

I copied the conversation between Lor'themar and Garrosh while doing my quests yesterday and I thought it was worth discussing/sharing in case anybody missed it. What I also found interesting was what Lor'themar and Garrosh say when you click on them. I'll include both below.

Lor’themar Theron says: You gave us no warning about the mogu, Warchief. These statues came to life!
Garrosh Hellscream says: Was I wrong to assume your Blood Elves could handle themselves?
Lor’themar Theron says: We could have, had we been given any warning. You threw my people to the wolves.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Your weakness is not my failing, Regent. My Horde has room only for those strong enough to stand within it.
Lor’themar Theron says: Do not question my loyalty, Warchief. We came across an ocean to fight for you.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Yes, and with your help, we will pry the secrets from this land. For the glory of the Horde!
Lor’themar Theron says: Take care, Garrosh. You would destroy the Horde to create your perfect future.

What Lor'themar says when clicked on:

There is a difference between testing one’s strength and blindly walking into harm’s way. Garrosh sent us to do the latter, and this I cannot accept.

Has our Loyalty not been tested and proven, time and again? All I hear from our Warchief’s mouth are falsehoods and excuses.

Garrosh spouts on about honor and strength, but in truth our leader sees only two outcomes - either fight and survive, or be defeated and forgotten.

I brought my people here at Garrosh’s request. Little did I realize we were to be sacrificed like pawns in a game.

What Garrosh says when clicked on:

I have no use for cowards in my army. Lately, I have been questioning the blood elves’ courage, and loyalty.

Here on Pandaria, I see a land that the Horde deserves. We will take it for our own, and if anyone stands in our way, mogu or Alliance, we will raze them to the ground.

I suppose I understand just why it is Lor'themar goes to negotiate with Varian, now, but I am glad that Jaina messes that up. I didn't see any motivation for the Blood Elves to join with the Alliance prior to this stunt, but now it makes sense.

For anyone with characters invested in this particular dig/scene, has this altered your character's view of the Horde or Warchief? I personally have my mage invested in this and I am curious about what other people think about this massacre and Lor'themar's response to it. For me, I was pleased to see Lor'themar pissed off and even more pleased to see what he had to say about Garrosh. I always preferred Rommath to Lor'themar, but now I respect the Regent Lord a lot more.
Edited by Halayn on 12/10/2012 4:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Lor'themar: I WISH GARROSH WOULD TRUST US!

*Goes off to speak with Varian about joining the Alliance.*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
At least Lolthemar finally does something for the first time since the end of Burning Crusade.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Yeah. Run away.
Reply Quote
and draenei still have done nothing
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Final patch has Orgrimmar being sieged by the flying Exodar. Draenei will have their day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/05/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Madican
Final patch has Orgrimmar being sieged by the flying Exodar. Draenei will have their day.

Oh dear lord that will be amazing.
Reply Quote
Exodar and Dalaran vs. Horde gunships over Org, calling it now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
That's not a really good bet, is it? The Horde doesn't have a lot of luck with gunships.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lor'themar: I WISH GARROSH WOULD TRUST US!

*Goes off to speak with Varian about joining the Alliance.*

To be fair, this is after Garrosh basically said "to hell with our allies in the Eastern Kingdoms! Kalimdor is what matters!" and then this unnecessary massacre.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
And it's not as though "look out for number one" is a train of thought all that unusual to the Horde.
Reply Quote
What Hellscream does will only strengthen the Orc nation and race. That's the way Unauk looks at it. He couldn't care about the others, so long his own survives and the Horde dominates Azeroth and the new world.
Edited by Unauk on 12/6/2012 1:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Makes me wonder about something though. So we know the Org siege is the last and big raid thing at the end of this story arc. So, one of the many RP/lore elements players bring up is that:

A) Orcs are the largest body of the Horde, in that they apparently outnumber the other Horde races. Not sure about the validity of this, but alot of people argue it, so I'll take their word for now.

B) Most orcs are fanatically loyal to Garrosh.

Now, I imagine the common mob we'll face off in Org's siege is Orc guards and so forth. Mechanics aside, when the dust settles, and the Horde and Alliance end it, will the Orcs as a race be near decimation? Will they be mostly killed off in this fight, leaving a handful behind, and thus taking away their main power of the Horde? I would think it would, just because if most Orcs are loyal to Garrosh, it's likely many of them are in Org fighting to protect him.

Just debating though, it's an interesting thought.
Reply Quote
Makes me wonder about something though. So we know the Org siege is the last and big raid thing at the end of this story arc. So, one of the many RP/lore elements players bring up is that:

A) Orcs are the largest body of the Horde, in that they apparently outnumber the other Horde races. Not sure about the validity of this, but alot of people argue it, so I'll take their word for now.

B) Most orcs are fanatically loyal to Garrosh.

Now, I imagine the common mob we'll face off in Org's siege is Orc guards and so forth. Mechanics aside, when the dust settles, and the Horde and Alliance end it, will the Orcs as a race be near decimation? Will they be mostly killed off in this fight, leaving a handful behind, and thus taking away their main power of the Horde? I would think it would, just because if most Orcs are loyal to Garrosh, it's likely many of them are in Org fighting to protect him.

Just debating though, it's an interesting thought.

Wow, that's a very interesting point to bring up. For starters, I can't believe that's even being acknowledged on here. Where I just transferred from, an opinion like that would have been marked as false and tasteless trolling. I don't believe so however, I believe the Orcs will have a divide between the ones fanatically loyal to Hellscream and the ones who are not; I also believe the ones who survive the siege will be taken into custody and rehabilitated back into the Horde.

Man, I regret this really. I should have brought the Garrosh'kar Warguard over here.

Oh! And on Orcs out-populating the rest of the Horde? No, I believe the Undead will always have that one. But! I believe the Orcs are the most concentrated gathering, technologically ready, and battle-hardened. With their lands being destroyed and many seeming to be forced back into a survivor mindset of fight to the death? It's like a Tiger in a corner.
Edited by Unauk on 12/6/2012 7:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
True, I only mention it because I've heard the argument that supposedly Blizz confirmed that Orcs make up the majority of the Horde in terms of numbers. Apparently, the Undead are quite small, the Blood elves, Tauren, Goblins and Trolls are splintered and small as well. Again, just what I hear alot, could be false.

However, logic would suggest that by the end of this expansion, the Orcs, as a majority, may very well be cut down to a small number themselves, along with the many survivors being those few who do not support Garrosh.

It also can give credence to the rumors of a non-Orc Warchief. The reason again is many arguments I hear is that Orcs would never follow a Warchief that wasn't an Orc. That's all well and good if you're the majority. But become the small minority, where you do really have a valid opinion due to recent actions and there's just not enough of you left, and likely you won't matter in the decision making.

Hell, Trolls or Blood Elves could become more of a majority versus the Orc population. All this is speculation, of course.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I'm telling ya if they allow Blood Elves to later on be a "Choose your faction" race like Pandaren I will be one happy clam.

I doubt it will happen, but a gnome can hope.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
My dream is Ethereals for that. I hope it'll happen, since they make sense in that context.

Second dream is to alter the whole Horde/Alliance thing to choosing a side based on politics, rather then race. But likely won't see that, or at least for a long time.
Reply Quote
True, I only mention it because I've heard the argument that supposedly Blizz confirmed that Orcs make up the majority of the Horde in terms of numbers. Apparently, the Undead are quite small, the Blood elves, Tauren, Goblins and Trolls are splintered and small as well. Again, just what I hear alot, could be false.

However, logic would suggest that by the end of this expansion, the Orcs, as a majority, may very well be cut down to a small number themselves, along with the many survivors being those few who do not support Garrosh.

It also can give credence to the rumors of a non-Orc Warchief. The reason again is many arguments I hear is that Orcs would never follow a Warchief that wasn't an Orc. That's all well and good if you're the majority. But become the small minority, where you do really have a valid opinion due to recent actions and there's just not enough of you left, and likely you won't matter in the decision making.

Hell, Trolls or Blood Elves could become more of a majority versus the Orc population. All this is speculation, of course.

Yes, a small number of Orcs would not be able to sustain their right to the throne of the Horde. However! Consider it be based on whoever spear-heads the charge or the General or hero of said conflict taking power? Orcs such as Nazgrim or great heroes like Saurfang. I don't believe we will see a non-Orc Warchief.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
makes me wonder /cross fingers if were about to get another neutral race.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Nazgrim is already going a little grim, and Saurfang doesn't seem to be in the picture. I see either Vol'jin or Lolthemar, both of whom are becoming protagonists versus Garrosh. My money is on Vol'jin.

The argument has been made time and time again. Perhaps it will be an orc leader, but honestly the only orc that has been getting any sort of spotlight besides Garrosh and Thrall is Nazgrim, and I don't see a newer character like that taking over. Not when Baine, Vol'jin and even Lolthemar are better developed and known.

Blizz has talked about how they prefer to use elements that can spark memory or recognition by name. Granted, Nazgrim can, but still. I think Lore wise that it'd make more sense to turn over the reins of the Horde to a whole new type of leader. Sadly, it won't likely be female, which is a shame.

Will orcs be happy? Of course not. Should they? Doesn't matter. Thing is, by the end of this expansion, Orcs may have to slink back, and nurse several wounds, many of which is the greatest thing anyone could harm to an orc. Their Pride.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]