GC on 5.2

It's not as cool as Ulduar. I remain objective, and am not persuaded to even look at the new raids because they'll just be easier in the next patch when they get bumped down to raid finder mode.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, clearly you feel that trolling the forums gives you your money's worth, at least.

Not really, no.
You have never posted on a 90. If that's not trolling, I don't know what is. If you are upset that you purchased the annual pass, just wait out your remaining time. You were foolish enough to sign up for a year of a game that you probably weren't the happiest with at the time. Those of us who are no longer on the annual pass couldn't care less what you think. Do you think you are going to convince people to quit? What is your reason for posting?

And for people complaining about dailies: If you have really been doing so many dailies, odds are you at or close to Exalted with all the 5.0 factions. You are going to want to keep getting Lesser Charms to make sure you have enough for each week. When you run low, you are going to probably want to do dailies that are new, rather than ones that you have run countless times before.
Edited by Lometos on 12/5/2012 10:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Ghostcrawlers a tool. How does blizzard keep him employed...

idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
One of my personal favorites
Ideally we will never see a 5 or 6 boss raid tier again.

It is nice to have raids broken up like we have now and before, lets just hope that this trend continues and is not a start of the expansion kind of thing. Longer raids like Ulduar and ICC are generally too long for PuGs, though these current smaller ones and the ones in T11 hit about right and work for casual guilds as well.
12/05/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Replicating that feeling is impossible. Least in my opinion. Given this player base it won't match anyones expectations

There will be a lot that gets in the way from nostalgia and expectations being set higher than reality to the kinds of mechanics that will be used while keeping it LFR friendly and not have so much mechanics gutted like DS did and turn non tank and spanks into tank and spanks. Blizzard is doing better this expansion, just hope fun doesnt take back stage to making things derp proof/resistant.

I am also liking the boss emotes better this expansion than in Cata right now, so just maybe.
Edited by Noctemtenchi on 12/5/2012 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
is that 4 months for a raid tier.. after a content patch though?

or are they being done at the same time?

2 months for a content patch. 2 months more(4 months total) for a raid 2 months(6 months total) content..2 months(8 months total) new raid?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, is he saying 4 months after a major patch for another major patch, or is it 4 months after a "lesser" patch for a major patch?

Basically should we be expecting 5.2 in February or in April?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Transmog of legendary items is still under debate, but is somewhat likely for the future.

Justice Points will hopefully be somewhat more useful in the future. There was an opportunity that may have been missed to use them to get item level 450 gear earlier in the expansion.

The Bonus Roll has worked out well, other than the consolation loot (28g 50s "Fail Bag") that you get when you lose the roll. In the future it will have different rewards, such as bonus valor, more gold, gems, or rare chances at blue BoE gear, pets, or mounts.
Edited by Reignac on 12/5/2012 10:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Rogue
12/05/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Bashiok

Now THIS is what I've been wanting to hearing about for raid contents in a long time.

Oh noes. inc objective this-isn't-as-cool-as-Ulduar complaints.

Come on man. That just is condescending and not professional. Lighten up brother, we're all gamers coming on the forums to express our opinions.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/05/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Teelo
Oh noes. inc objective this-isn't-as-cool-as-Ulduar complaints.
Tell me, why did you change your username from MicahW? What are you afraid of?

Spiders.
Heights.
Needles.
Pull tab cans.

We used first name last initial in Tech Support, back in the day before WoW, and that kind of carried on for a while until most of the outward facing reps took on 'RP' names. The RP names began with the Community Team, and so when I joined Community almost exactly a year before Burning Crusade released, I picked a new name like everyone else!

I just went to go look up when I joined the team, and in doing so found my first ever forum post as Drysc. It was just completely awful:

Hello everyone. I'm very excited to be a part of the World of Warcraft Community team. World of Warcraft is an amazing game and the community surrounding it is complex and diverse; I'm certainly looking forward to becoming more familiar with you all. January 30, 2006
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
12/05/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Bashiok
Tell me, why did you change your username from MicahW? What are you afraid of?

Spiders.
Heights.
Needles.
Pull tab cans.

We used first name last initial in Tech Support, back in the day before WoW, and that kind of carried on for a while until most of the outward facing reps took on 'RP' names. The RP names began with the Community Team, and so when I joined Community almost exactly a year before Burning Crusade released, I picked a new name like everyone else!

I just went to go look up when I joined the team, and in doing so found my first ever forum post as Drysc. It was just completely awful:

Hello everyone. I'm very excited to be a part of the World of Warcraft Community team. World of Warcraft is an amazing game and the community surrounding it is complex and diverse; I'm certainly looking forward to becoming more familiar with you all. January 30, 2006

I know this is getting off-topic, but as a longtime forum lurker, I remember a lot of names that I don't see around anymore. In particular, can you tell me if GFrazier and MHein are still around? I know their jobs were more website-based than community-based, but GF was one of the biggest names in the WoW pre-beta forums, but I haven't seen anything about him in years.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
5.2 Whole patch = Shaman nerfs
Reply Quote
28 Goblin Shaman
Hi
Edited by Orson on 5/18/2013 5:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
12/05/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Sonicwhip
how come games that dont charge a monthly fee like GW2 do huge free content updates every month?

Because wow and Gw2 are nothing alike? If you had played both you would know this. I play both and love both.

As for f2p, f2p games are far far from free to play. You would like to this 5man instance? oh that will be $5. Oh you want to do another one? that will also be $5. They end up costing a lot more in the end then a sub game if you realy want to play the game.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
12/05/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Idura
I know this is getting off-topic, but as a longtime forum lurker, I remember a lot of names that I don't see around anymore. In particular, can you tell me if GFrazier and MHein are still around? I know their jobs were more website-based than community-based, but GF was one of the biggest names in the WoW pre-beta forums, but I haven't seen anything about him in years.

Yup! Geoff posts some things on the front page as Nebu still, and he still handles a lot of ... I guess I'd call logistical website management. And Mike Hein is now Design Director (!) for Battle.net.
Reply Quote
97 Gnome Mage
Quality similar to Ulduar so are you saying that every raid since Ulduar hasnt been as good?

Or why are you referencing a raid from years ago?

Lol.

because ulduar is a cool raid. been hanging out in dal and I hear the algenon speal several times a day every day, so some people are liking it still. I know I go in there and play every chance I get.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/05/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Goldobank
Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch.

then can we frigging spend the things now?

/grump

I've got 600+ from doing dailies...and can only turn in 90 a week. I'll be doing dailies till I'm exalted with Kla'axi and Shado-pan at the least...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]