90's ganking.

14 Draenei Shaman

I can accept that you didn't know what PvP meant.. and that you have made way to many friends to ever leave your server.

What I can't see is people demanding for Blizzard to turn the PvP servers into "fair and easy" servers for people who don't like the challenge.

In the end it's completely your choice to stay or leave. I believe they did offer some kind of discount for whole guilds transferring?

Personally, I am not asking for changes to PvP servers. I just want to play on a PvE server and play(raid) with the people I know on a PvP server.

If you guys get a sense of enjoyment comes from making others miserable, please continue to play on another server then the one I play on. The PvP tag is perfect for keeping me away from you.

I just want to raid with my friends and otherwise be left alone.
85 Troll Death Knight
There was a time when transfer from PVE > PVP server was never EVER EVER allow. Because players and designers feel that it was unfair for pve players not to have to go through lvling up on a pvp servers with all it's dangers, thus the carebear references.

So OP do what Vivendi want you to do is lvl up your toons on a PVE server and pay the $30 to get them over to a PVP server.
Edited by Nighttoe on 12/6/2012 12:49 PM PST
90 Gnome Priest
12/06/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Scrinshee
Let the blood be spilled.

I think I love you...

we just became best friends
90 Draenei Paladin

qq more how hard is it to ask it chat for someone to kill the ganker???.....

PVP server are not for cry babys blizzard is doing nothing wrong this is just how the game is deal with it

and i doubt people camp the same person for hours without being killed people just try and say that to make pvp go away

Come to shattered halls then. There are people there who camp people for hours.just because it has not happen to you. Does not make it true. it happens to alto of people. The fact this is what happening to my realm and allot of realms on wow.

You don't understand what PvP servers are and what exactly you are getting into when you choose them. You may claim to, but you don't. MMOs with PvP servers have always been this way. It's the way its been established, it's your fault for not understanding your own choice.
90 Draenei Mage
12/06/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Chmurka
Whether that was what you had in mind or not, what compensation do you give to those players that now find themselves on PvP realms in this new reality that totally doesn't fit their desired gameplay? Are there free server transfers from PvP realms to PvE realms? Or is the answer: "Too bad you should have known what you were getting into when you rolled there? Go pay $25 per character to transfer to a PvE realm?" I think most of those that fall into that category would just as soon unsub and quit if that's your answer.

I agree. I think it's not very clear when you're just starting out, or joining many years ago to be with friends, what you're getting yourself into. Likewise, as the game evolves over the years, you might find yourself in a "what did I get myself into?" position where you'd really like to server transfer away from this stuff, but @$25 per character... you'd personally rather just suck it up(what I'm doing) or unsub.

You could maybe get $5 from me per character. If you're looking to make money that you're otherwise not going to be making, Blizzard. Group discount or something.

If I wanted to move to a different server, I would choose one character and take all my gold and heirlooms... I wouldn't think I had to move all of them or nothing.

Over time if I wanted to move others I could, but it wouldn't have to be all at once.
87 Orc Mage
I wish they would let us fly in Pandaria...... because without it you can't even run away as a lowbie. If I can fly all would be fine.

CRZ also brought a lot more legit world pvp and ganking alike. I wish CRZ would put max-level players in another phase though. Now, every zone would have 3-5 90s at any time to gank you, especially when you're farming low-level mats on a low-level character. This discourages low-level players to quest in the world and would rather queue dungeons. My monk leveled to lv 85 with less than 1 hour of questing due to this. If the players in CRZ are all of similar level, that would be much better imo..and would encourage same-level fair world pvp.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard has sided with those of no honor, so you need to either deal or move. Ganking is technically PvP according to their own words. I agree that it is dishonorable and disgraceful, but I'm set to deal with it because, really, it's some waste of space killing your avatar, nothing to b-tch (or brag for that matter) about.
Edited by Eranos on 12/6/2012 12:48 PM PST
84 Orc Warrior
Griefing used to be an action against which Blizzard took disciplinary action.

But now with CRZ being band-aided on, its something that Blizzard actually wants.

It would have been nice to actually level an alt through the post-cataclysm zones, since all of my alts were above 70 when it was released, but now I'm stuck plowing my way through instances. Again.
90 Draenei Shaman

If I wanted to move to a different server, I would choose one character and take all my gold and heirlooms... I wouldn't think I had to move all of them or nothing.

Over time if I wanted to move others I could, but it wouldn't have to be all at once.

I'd want to move all of them. But thanks for the suggestion.

That is a just a plain bold face flat out incorrect LIE! It's just not true. You click on PVP, what is the *FIRST* dialog box that pops up.. by choosing this server you "AGREE" that other players can kill you...

It's shows it *CLEARLY* you CHOSE to ignore it. Sure now since you are already *ON* a PvP server you won't get that message, but it is CRYSTAL clear what you did, and you CLEARLY had an option to back out.

You *CHOSE* to ignore the warnings and move on... *YOU* chose, no one was forcing you to join a PvP realm. I don't care about your friends, that was your ONLY focus.

Don't try to excuse your lack of reading skills and blame this on Blizzard, because it's *VERY* clearly worded what a PvP server is for.. and if it wasn't do you just sign stuff that you don't * CLEARLY* understand?!?!?

If you do, then that's YOUR fault, you will accept the consequences and learn from them.

Stop making this an excuse, you didn't read, now you are paying the price. Next time PAY ATTENTION!!!!

Wow, you're worked up. Relax.
Edited by Chmurka on 12/6/2012 12:48 PM PST
53 Pandaren Priest
12/06/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Remove this barrier and many people will be a lot happier. Stop pretending this is not an issue.

Not that your own situation should be dismissed, because I think it's unfortunate that all your friends prefer playing on a realm type that you don't like, but I would be very surprised if this were a widespread issue. At least you have the support of dependable real life friends if you find yourself in a tough spot.

Cross realm raiding of the current tier has the potential to generate a lot of negative repercussions. It's not the sort of thing we'd commit to lightly.

I then challenge you to send out to all active wow players email a survey on this subject. I will bet you be surprised on why people play on their current server. The vast majority I talk to is this is were friends play. Innless you have access to secret data we do not have. But I still say at least 60% people are on there current sever due to friends.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Cross realm raiding of the current tier has the potential to generate a lot of negative repercussions. It's not the sort of thing we'd commit to lightly.

I really don't see the negatives, unless playing with friends who have scattered while escaping dead servers is a negative.
simply cc them and run away. Back when i had a level 60 paladin, and i was doing the hellfire peninsula dailies there were numerous times level 85s tried to gank me, your best bet is to cc them and run away, this is why i try to be above the hit cap when im levelling on pvp realms. If i was able to overcome a 25 level difference, im sure you can handlethis.
90 Orc Hunter
Yeah, wouldn't want you losing all that revenue from server transfer fees :P
90 Undead Warrior
Chronic gankers are guaranteed bad at PvP. There's a reason they camp lowbies and don't venture into BG's.

If they camp you a bit, just laugh at them as the pathetic losers they are, realize "they must be compensating for something", and then log into a different toon.
90 Draenei Mage
12/06/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Eranos
Blizzard has sided with those of no honor, so you need to either deal or move

This is untrue, they gave PvP servers to those who enjoy it, they provided PvE servers to those who don't.

12/06/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Eranos
Ganking is technically PvP according to their own words.

Of course it is, even on PvE servers, if I flag my lvl 1 and a lvl 90 killed me over and over it would be PvP... the moment you are flagged, you are saying that you are prepared to fight anyone anywhere. You are the enemy, when the other side sees you they aren't going to ask you to compare weapons first to make sure it's a fair fight... it's a war, the person with the better gear is going to win.
90 Human Warrior
Griefing used to be an action against which Blizzard took disciplinary action.

But now with CRZ being band-aided on, its something that Blizzard actually wants.

It would have been nice to actually level an alt through the post-cataclysm zones, since all of my alts were above 70 when it was released, but now I'm stuck plowing my way through instances. Again.

Define "Griefing"

Are you on a PvE realm and being attacked by others from crz because they are on a pvp realm? (legit question never had a problem w/ crz)

Or are you on a PvP realm? If so, please stop using the word griefing. You do not know what it means.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]