90's ganking.

84 Orc Warrior

Define "Griefing"

Spending more time running back to my corpse than actually playing the game. Landing at a quest hub and dying before the NPCs and PCs even appear. Having my corpse camped because a level 90 only has to glance at me and I explode.
100 Draenei Mage
12/06/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Chmurka
I'd want to move all of them. But thanks for the suggestion.

I think most players who want Blizzard to change PvP realms into PvE realms are using the "if I can't move them all then I won't move" approach to this subject, thinking that backs Blizzard into a corner. It's hard to convince people that you are the victim when you won't take any advice or try to save yourself.
90 Undead Warrior
A friend in need's a friend indeed,
A friend with bleeds is better,
A friend with quests and all the rest,
A friend who's dressed in leather,

I '/warn' them. I tell them '/no'. I yell for them to '/flee'...but they never listen. They just keep resurrecting, right there in front of me. It's a glorified game of Whack-A-Mole,really. High level players can't save them....surgical strikes and what not.

Sounds like you need to see a therapist.
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Subrosian
Let the blood be spilled.

It was intended when PVP Realms were first released that 20+ realms worth of players would be FLYING THROUGH THE AIR at up to 89 levels higher than the people they were hunting? I would love to see those design docs from back in 2000 ~ 2004 saying that.

yes, it actually was. the intent was that players could kill each other no matter how unfair. it's a blanket statement that specifics do not affect. you want us to change our server to your desires, and you are incredibly selfish. the servers exist as they always have, and many people rolled on them for this reason. the fact you do not like it means YOU have to accept it or leave. period.

it would be akin to PVE servers suddenly allowing ganking without flagging. no one there signed up for that. same deal on the other way around.
90 Draenei Shaman
All I see is a buncha wimps. Personally, I don't attack lowbies cause I enjoy more of a challenge. However, I agree completely that it's a pvp server, and pvp has no level restrictions (as it should be).

I leveled many toons while I was horde on sargeras, and we were severely outnumbered. I got killed so many times, it was unreal. I knew what I signed up for though. You got to get through the bad to get to the good, it's just the nature of the beast. You take beatings while leveling then when you reach max level and get some gear, you go out and return the favor.
6 Human Hunter
I absolutely love seeing PvP realm players complaining about being ganked by higher level players. Guess what you made the choice to be on a PvP realm.
Ganking is just a fact of life on those realms, it's not like it should be a surprise to anyone.
Sure your friends may play there, but no forced you at gun point to play there.
Then people start getting mouthy with blues over it.
Thank you for making my day, I needed a good laugh.
91 Night Elf Druid
Griefing used to be an action against which Blizzard took disciplinary action.

But now with CRZ being band-aided on, its something that Blizzard actually wants.

It would have been nice to actually level an alt through the post-cataclysm zones, since all of my alts were above 70 when it was released, but now I'm stuck plowing my way through instances. Again.

lol what? been playing since the first day the game came out and they never took action for ganking on a pvp server. Even GY camping was always considered OK. The only time I can ever remember them taking any kind of action was in vanilla for ranged sitting on roof tops in towns killing people so that the guards wouldn't be able to reach them.

I'm glad world pvp is once again a part of the leveling up process.
14 Draenei Shaman

Personally, I am not asking for changes to PvP servers. I just want to play on a PvE server and play(raid) with the people I know on a PvP server.

If you guys get a sense of enjoyment comes from making others miserable, please continue to play on another server then the one I play on. The PvP tag is perfect for keeping me away from you.

I just want to raid with my friends and otherwise be left alone.

Character transfer to your friends server then. Or have them come to yours. Problem solved.

Maybe I was not being very clear.

I am currently playing on a PvP server because I have RL friends there. And that is the only reason. I started playing there in early BC when the concept of cross server/transfer anything was not even on the horizon. Right now in my 10 man I personally know and met in RL 8 of the 10 members.

I also don't like PvP, in bgs, arenas, or otherwise.

No, Drax, I don't have RL friends to call upon if I get into an issue because we generally play at different times, we only seem to get together during raids.

My current solution to pvp is just work on a new alt. I am basically not doing any of the new 5.1 dailies because I don't want to get fight a pvp fight in any way. I have not even done the opening quest yet and I am strangely proud of that.

I would like to switch to a PvE server. I think it would cost me close to $300 to move everything over, I would gladly pay $600. But the only reason I play wow is to play with my friends, so there would be little point. I am miserable, but not miserable enough to abandon the people I like.

I also would say that yes, it is a larger issue then Blizzard makes it out to be. I have no actual proof other then my personal experience of course. But I know the reasons why many of my friends left.

So why is CrZones a good thing, if CrRaids are a bad thing? If guilds are the issue, make guilds cross realm as well, problem solved.
Edited by Caali on 12/6/2012 1:05 PM PST
90 Undead Warrior
CRZ + PVP + altoholicism = masochism

It's like cutting yourself with a knife.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Purrpledrank
That's all griefing is.

Killing players on a pvp server is NOT griefing.
Community Manager
12/06/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Ibatatas
Spending more time running back to my corpse than actually playing the game. Landing at a quest hub and dying before the NPCs and PCs even appear. Having my corpse camped because a level 90 only has to glance at me and I explode.

None of those things are griefing on a PvP realm, I'm afraid, though I freely acknowledge that they can be frustrating. Nonetheless, our stance on these issues hasn't changed since long, long before Cross Realm Zones were ever even imagined, much less implemented.
90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Honey
I think most players who want Blizzard to change PvP realms into PvE realms are using the "if I can't move them all then I won't move" approach to this subject, thinking that backs Blizzard into a corner. It's hard to convince people that you are the victim when you won't take any advice or try to save yourself.

I'm not saying I'm the victim of anything besides the game changing and not being able to see the future. That's sort of like saying I'm the victim of it raining today and not being able to see the future. I get that.

I'm really just stating my position and saying I'd do it at $5 a pop. If not, Ok... not losing sleep here. Just thought I'd comment.

The advice wasn't that good. It might work for someone else but I'm very uninterested in doing that- it would make things much worse for me and my situation. Thanks anyway.
53 Pandaren Priest

Come to shattered halls then. There are people there who camp people for hours.just because it has not happen to you. Does not make it true. it happens to alto of people. The fact this is what happening to my realm and allot of realms on wow.

You don't understand what PvP servers are and what exactly you are getting into when you choose them. You may claim to, but you don't. MMOs with PvP servers have always been this way. It's the way its been established, it's your fault for not understanding your own choice.

Ok again I say this:

Level differences are less important. Although your damage per
second, health, mana, and available abilities are better if you are
higher level, all other combat factors are equal when playing other
players. For example, your chance to dodge, block, or resist spells
is the same whether you fight a level-one player or a level-sixty
player. This makes the playing field fairer for players of differing
level, while still maintaining a sizeable advantage for players with
a great level advantage.

Player Versus Player Server
On a player versus player server, there are additional conditions that
enable PvP mode. You can enable PvP mode by doing the following:
Entering an enemy territory.
Entering a contested territory.
Attacking another player.
Attacking an opposing NPC.
Aiding a player engaged in PvP combat.

Wow was the first mmo I played. I read the manual and all it had to offer. No were in that whole manual was there even a hint at ganking or corpse camping. Sorry as a customer I read up on all the details in the player’s handbook. That is what it there for. Please reread it again and tell me how a person can’t come out of it reading and thank they had a fair shot. It a fact wow needs to add more detail or they are deceiving the customer. As when you choose a pvp realm it does not inform you. Thus, read up before you speak.
Thank you
100 Tauren Druid
12/06/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

I agree with this sentiment.

When I first started playing, around October 2006, I played mostly on my current server, Alexstrasza, but also on a PvP server, Bonechewer. When I logged into my PvP server, I always felt in danger, ready to be sniped at any time. Gave me a real edge.

As time went by, and I discovered raiding, my toons on Bonechewer were mostly forgotten. Sometime during Cata, I decided to pop over to Bonechewer again. While I kept looking over my shoulder, danger never came. I even thought that maybe it had been made a PvE server.
12/06/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Vasparian
It is CRYSTAL clear what PVP servers are. You should have known what you were getting into. See I know this place, called google... It really helps.

Not always, when I started playing four, and a half years ago I had no clue what a pvp realm was. I leveled, took my lumps, still play on pvp realms. I have to laugh now, when a horde attacks me, they end up dead unless I'm afk.
I don't like crz because the jackholes can run to another zone if you go after them for killing your alts.
I leveled on a pve realm once, it felt so weird not having to look over my shoulder while questing, I guess I like the danger, at least something in my life is exciting.
Edited by Tsavis on 12/6/2012 1:07 PM PST
53 Pandaren Priest
12/06/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri

None of those things are griefing on a PvP realm, I'm afraid, though I freely acknowledge that they can be frustrating. Nonetheless, our stance on these issues hasn't changed since long, long before Cross Realm Zones were ever even imagined, much less implemented.

Thank you I have made up my mind.
91 Undead Hunter
I like my PvP server.

That being said, I think camping a lowbie is a pretty cowardly thing to do. Probably some reaction to constantly having your lunch money stolen IRL, or something.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]