90's ganking.

90 Human Paladin
12/06/2012 05:11 AMPosted by Frontiersman
When level 60's ruled the day.

Back then you could have two lower levels take out a level 60.

Now you need 3 or 4 level 85s just to take out a fresh level 90 lol
53 Pandaren Priest
12/06/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Honey

If PvP is not supposed to be fair then the word "honor" should not be used because it is misleading.

PvP Player Versus Player For players who seek out a challenge. Role-play is still optional, but opposite faction players can attack you almost anywhere, and at all times. Be on your guard.

This is the description of a PvP realm provided by Blizzard. I don't see the words "honor" or "fair".

Sorry when i first started to play. It stated equal between all players. i copy this from a previous post i have read on this subject and think its spot on,. as it states this in my owners manual. Sorry but wow gave me the implication that it be a more fair playing field.

Yes unless it was 5 or more to one you had a chance to win back in the day. The point is you had a chance to win. Now its impossible unless you are a lv 88 and the 90 ganking you in pve gear. If you are in pvp you then have a slim chance of winning.

Level differences are less important. Although your damage per
second, health, mana, and available abilities are better if you are
higher level, all other combat factors are equal when playing other
players. For example, your chance to dodge, block, or resist spells
is the same whether you fight a level-one player or a level-sixty
player. This makes the playing field fairer for players of differing
level, while still maintaining a sizeable advantage for players with
a great level advantage.
70 Undead Priest
Play on a pve realm then or rp realm cause you know the risks wen lvling on a pvp realm btw you can always hire a 90 to bodygaurd you i had to when i was going to outlands cause of the few ally that would camp dark portal and hellfire to gank
90 Pandaren Monk
If you dislike being ganked/world pvp so much than move to a PvE server. I moved my monk last week, regret nothing. I'm moving my shaman today, maybe my priest at some point. Point is PvP servers promote certain activities, you knew that when you went there. Yes it sucks when you're a lowbie/undergeared/just wanna get through those darn dailies but you aren't forced to stay there!

Don't like it, move.
90 Draenei Mage

When a male Lion takes over an existing pride he immediately kills the cubs that are not his. This way the cubs dont grow up and become competition.

That is why too any PVP server are dying. People are either quitting or moving to PVE realm. Good play kill your PVP realm off by slow death.

I've been reading the forums for years, the first sign that PvP servers were dying was when RFD and flying in Azeroth was introduced. PvP'rs were complaining that there were no longer anyone out in the world.

That went on for several years, people could queue up for dungeons and never set foot out in the world.

As time passed it became safe to quest out in the world on PvP realms, no one bothered anyone because there were so few people out there.

Now they added CRZ, mostly to give PvP realms what they were made for... PvP is happening out in the world.

Now we have the carebear PvE'rs who wanted to claim that they met the PvP challenge of lvl'ing on a PvP realm QQ'ing that it's not fair and not safe to quest...

It was never supposed to be easy or fair.

The only people who will leave due to PvP happening on a PvP realm are the ones who should never have rolled there to begin with.
86 Blood Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Honey
The only people who will leave due to PvP happening on a PvP realm are the ones who should never have rolled there to begin with.
This.
71 Night Elf Rogue

However, I always felt when Bliz lifted the following rules no good would come of it.
1. You can not have a Horde and Alliance toon on the same pvp server per account.
2. You can not transfer a toon from a PvE server to a PvP server.

When a person can level on a pve server and transfer to a pvp server. Just what kind of mind set are you allowing to go to the pvp server, without having paid their dues. In paying their dues, I mean what it's like to actually level on a pvp server. In general (not all cases) but I believe it's the mind set that likes to play games with cheat codes and PWN nOobZ!

I like your post! VERY good point.
90 Troll Druid
12/06/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Kareese
I have an idea. Go play a PVE realm.

I FREAKING HATE when people say that kind of stuff. There's a lot of benefit to being on certain PvP realms - like higher populations, better raid success, more PvP groups/guilds...Or maybe he knows some people that play on the server.

It's not very nice or funny to shoot down a perfectly legit complaint...because to me this IS a legit complaint - and I am NOT the kind of player that normally complains about "unfair advantages." In fact I'll take advantage of my advantage sometimes - tho not often at all.

Despite what the trolls/jerks might think: level cap ganking is getting out of hand on certain realms, and it's even worse with CRZ. It's pretty much impossible to quest in certain zones on Mal'ganis now because HUGE groups of enemy players are patrolling low level zones going around and 1-shotting people who are just trying to get their quests done. The spawn point by The Dark Portal is just a bonefield all day/night.

It seems really lame that I should feel the need to have a group of 4-5 level 90 friends barricading me thru The Blasted Lands so I can quest.

I could care less if it's a level 90 razzing some level 83 character or something or 2 90's going head-to-head even tho one is all in PvP and the other just hit 90 and is in questing greens. It seems a BIT less prevalent and I haven't had much issue with it...but in old world zones it's just unacceptable.

I think a debuff system would be a really good fix to this problem. If you kill an enemy player more than 10 levels below you in an open zone (attacking cities wouldn't result in the same debuff) you're stuck with a 1hr or 2hr debuff (that doesn't continue to tick off while you're logged off of that toon) that makes it so you're unable to attack the opposing faction unless you queue for a BG or arena. Upon leaving the BG or arena your debuff reappears and continues to tick off. If you receive the debuff more than 3 times in one day you're then unable to queue for ANY form of PvP.

Some would say "but that'll kill world PvP!!" But going to The Blasted Lands at level 90, hanging out @ the spawn point and killing every enemy player that pops in IS NOT WORLD PVP! That's just immature fun at someone else's expense.

Also, isn't camping/griefing against the TOS? And really that's all crap like that is.
90 Troll Druid
Tell people all you want that they're not cut out for a PvP server...but fighting with no honor should not go unpunished. I'm sorry but it shouldn't. And picking off lowbies is pretty honorless. Literally and figuratively.

I'd LOVE to see MORE active world PvP. Intermixed levels at that; but the whole unfair advantage thing of being a total jerk and getting away with it doesn't speak much for Blizzard and their so-called "low tolerance for griefing/camping."

It's easy to lose sight of this - but just because it's fun for you to go around at level 90 and kill a bunch of low level people who are trying to quest doesn't mean that THEY'RE enjoying it too just coz they're on a PvP server and it's "supposed" to happen.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
12/06/2012 04:10 AMPosted by Lìonheart
The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are.

Yes you can.. it's called bringing a friend with you. Welcome to PVP.

not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90.

I have a pvp set for such situations because I'm on a PVP server and this kinda stuff happens. If you or your friends don't have a pvp set.. well who's the fool? You are =)

This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

It's not seriously impacting the game because if it was then pvp servers would have been shut down years ago. This is impacting YOUR GAME PLAY not anyone else's. Try leaving the area and going somewhere else to quest.. or sit in a major city and just dungeon grind if you don't like risking getting killed outside. Another option is to roll on a PVE server..

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP IF YOU PLAY ON A PVP SERVER. YOU KNEW AHEAD OF TIME WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN YOU HAVE NOBODY TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF.
90 Goblin Hunter
So what I'm getting is because I rolled a PVP server I should always be in RBG's or arena's and be working towards the best PVP gear there rather than raiding and then I should ALWAYS walk around in said PVP gear at all times so i can stand just a hint of chance of finishing up a single daily because "pvp just happened"??..... Gotcha...

Probably in the minority here but.... I rolled a PVP server cuae RLF's are on it. They rolled it because they formed the guild waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day with GM's that haven't even played since BC. Entirely to expensive to transfer an entire guild to a PVE server. Too many guildmates with too many high level alts to leave behind. I don't have the foggiest clue how to effectivly PVP nor do I care too. I've played a few BG's it was fun. but nothing I want to devote a lot of time too. Like casual raiding I don't mind casual PVP. But in Casual raiding I still stand a chance on completing the raid. casual PVP I don't.. why??? Because I don't run PVP gear nor do I want to devote any time what so ever in getting any.

Now if Blizz would let the entire guild transfer for a single low price to a PVE server we would do it an heartbeat. But we're not starting a new guild from scratch when we're a lvl 25 guild now.
12/06/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Shamrunt
Probably in the minority here but.... I rolled a PVP server cuae RLF's are on it.

Worst possible reason to roll on a PVP server. I'm sorry but if you don't like the rules of the server.. DON'T PLAY ON IT. It's that simple. Nobody else needs to suffer for your own ignorance. You knew pvp meant that you could be killed by anyone at any time pretty much anywhere. Suck it up or move off server. End of story.
90 Human Death Knight
Is it wrong when I saw 90's ganking I remembered logging onto AOL or compuserve with my 56k to play doom?

REEEE UUURRRRR REWERREREEEEEE Yay!
90 Human Mage
Quoted from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement: "You should always remember to protect yourself where members of a hostile race can attack you."

The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are. Since gear is such a deciding factor in this game, not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90. What chance would a lower level have? Basically this makes that level 90 a 'god' that can go around and kill whoever they feel like indiscriminately. This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

You are gonna get lots of pro-PvP types saying "PvP happens" and dismissing your post as sour grapes. However, you are right.

Steps should be taken to discourage ganking, even on PvP servers. It's not PvP when there's no hope of fighting back, instead it's griefing, which Blizzard should be working to prevent.

Here's what I'd do: if you grief (gank) someone more than five levels lower you get the ten minute rez sickness.

This is expecially needed with the CRZ system, because now gankers can just flee across the zone line if people come to help.
Is it wrong when I saw 90's ganking I remembered logging onto AOL or compuserve with my 56k to play doom?

REEEE UUURRRRR REWERREREEEEEE Yay!

Yes it's horribly wrong. Quake was the only way to go... doom was just bleh =)
90 Human Death Knight
12/06/2012 04:20 AMPosted by Kareese
I have an idea. Go play a PVE realm.
90 Human Death Knight
Quoted from the World of Warcraft Terms of Use Agreement: "You should always remember to protect yourself where members of a hostile race can attack you."

The problem is that you CAN'T protect yourself against a player who is substantially higher than you are. Since gear is such a deciding factor in this game, not even your average 90 is going to have much of a chance against a full Dreadful Gladiator geared 90. What chance would a lower level have? Basically this makes that level 90 a 'god' that can go around and kill whoever they feel like indiscriminately. This is seriously impacting the game because I can't even quest on my alts without getting killed repeatedly by a level 90. Any ideas anyone?

You are gonna get lots of pro-PvP types saying "PvP happens" and dismissing your post as sour grapes. However, you are right.

Steps should be taken to discourage ganking, even on PvP servers. It's not PvP when there's no hope of fighting back, instead it's griefing, which Blizzard should be working to prevent.

Here's what I'd do: if you grief (gank) someone more than five levels lower you get the ten minute rez sickness.

This is expecially needed with the CRZ system, because now gankers can just flee across the zone line if people come to help.

The last time they took "steps" to stop ganking they introduced "Dishonorable" kills and completely killed all world PvP. JUST NO.

And when I see that rare spawn in the world and want it, I shouldnt suffer a penalty for killing some low level horde.
Edited by Skul on 12/6/2012 11:21 AM PST

WRONG horribly wrong.. wrong in so many ways.. that comment is filled with so much ignorance that it hurts just trying to read it. You CAN fight back. It's known as "Calling for help". You're getting beat on constantly? Call for help. Call your guild, Call someone in a major city, call your landlord, call the police.. w/e You're not the only one playing on the server you know.. and odds are there's quite a few people that would take joy in ripping apart said 90 who's making your life miserable.

You've got several options. Move along to another area, call for assistance, log on another toon to take care of the guy, dungeon grind in a major city, CRZ to a non pvp server, or just move off of your pvp server period.

DO NOT CRY ABOUT PVP IF YOU PLAY ON A PVP SERVER YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING WHEN YOU ROLLED THERE. Why is that so hard for people to understand? Why do they cry about pvp when they purposely put themselves in that position? It makes absolutely no sense.
90 Goblin Hunter
12/06/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Chucknõrris
Worst possible reason to roll on a PVP server. I'm sorry but if you don't like the rules of the server.. DON'T PLAY ON IT. It's that simple. Nobody else needs to suffer for your own ignorance. You knew pvp meant that you could be killed by anyone at any time pretty much anywhere. Suck it up or move off server. End of story.

Wasn't an issue at all with "Have Group Will Travel". If I got ganked while leveling just got the guildmates to pop to my location and I could go on my merry little way. Before that I had absoultly no clue how PVP was. I didn't even start playing until world PVP was already mostly dead. Didn't get a teaste of how stupid the PVP gankers were until MoP dropped. So this is my leasson.. Yea it sucks !@#. Old PVPr's love that it's back.. I get it. But I'm not about to gear up for PVP when PVP isn't even why I play the game. it's hard enough to get a set BiS PVE gear. I don't ahve 40+ hours a week to devote to this game.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]