90's ganking.

90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/06/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Hey blue what server do u play on? Ill come farm u for a while and lets see if u still think its great.

You don't need to. It's already been done. Repeatedly.

I'm leveling a Monk as I play my other characters, and Pandaren are very popular targets (almost as popular as Blood Elves and Gnomes). I knew exactly what I was getting into, and I take my lumps with the rest of them.
Yeah, I can see Pandaren being prime targets. Mainly because, well, that's what I'd be killing non stop : /
85 Human Hunter
Someone suggested this in a thread a while back, but something has to be done with the hit chance against higher level players.

Their argument was, while you may not be able to kill the person attacking you, at the very least allow your CCs to land.

It's frustrating watching 80% of your spells miss; it doesn't even give you a chance to outsmart your attacker.
This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.

What about when you call for help and they get zoned into a different CRZ realm?
90 Worgen Warlock
In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

AWESOME!!
100 Draenei Mage
This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

What about when you call for help and they get zoned into a different CRZ realm?

I've never had a problem with grouping and landing in the same zone... maybe I'm lucky.

I would just make sure you group with the people so that they will be able to come to where you are...
90 Human Death Knight
horribly despicable ganking

I /love you
100 Draenei Mage
12/06/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Kungfuscious
I wonder if being a blue gives u an advantage tho? Ya know throw some blue text at em and bam they start runnin :)

From the attitudes of people on these forums.. if they had blue text in game... the haters would be forming raids just to kill these guys.

=(
Edited by Honey on 12/6/2012 11:46 AM PST
27 Human Warlock
U realize that if world pvp interferes too much with just doing what you need to do for everything else in the game 1 of 2 things will happen. Since players on PvP realms are no longer trapped there with server transfer rules then either all PvP realms will become ghost towns while leveling and gearing. Or 1 of the factions on every realm will end up leaving making it a 10:1 or worse ratio which means the server will essentially become PvE for one factions and a living nightmare for the other.

Both of these scenarios will then leave to whoever is left just leaving the game.

Shhhh, That makes too much sense.
90 Blood Elf Priest

Glad you like it! =) But is there any chance of the option of a cheap bulk character transfer to another server type? World pvp was much different 8 years ago when i picked the server, and I greatly dislike the way it is now/ have grown out of it. I just want to do my dailies in peace >.>
90 Human Priest
I got warned when I transferred from a PVE to a PVP realm that I'd be ganked and camped and I would hate it. I leveled from 85-90 on a pvp realm with no problems. Then I made an alt, got to Valley of the Four Winds and got camped/ganked/and really couldn't level until they went away.

My friend who's the same level and the same class came along and took all the ganking players out. He was 86, they were all 90.

I think that was the most fun I'd had leveling in a long time.

If you don't like it, don't be on a pvp realm, and if you are on a pve, don't flag yourself.
20 Blood Elf Warlock
1) Rolls a rogue on a pvp realm.
2) Gets to level 20 ish.
3) Hides behind the rocks near Lakeshire.
4) Waits for you to run by on your way to quest.
5) Jumps out from rocks and unleashes attack.
??? (you go down, duh)
6) /camp
90 Draenei Shaman
Pvp power will fix it! Oh wait, that system was awful in Rift too, why did they steal that horrible idea again?
81 Gnome Death Knight
12/06/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Malchome
Or 1 of the factions on every realm will end up leaving making it a 10:1 or worse ratio which means the server will essentially become PvE for one factions and a living nightmare for the other.

That's happened a while back for a few realms. For all practical purposes realms like Mal'ganis are PvE.

On those realms which aren't quite as bad I'd imagine it's even worse. A guild that can field a 10 man raid regularly but is on a faction out numbered by around 3:1 will find a difficult time fixing the problem.

Recruitment isn't viable since very few people want to go to the "losing" side. Leaving the server is more practical but still difficult due to herding around 15-25 cats since such a thing involves real money or abandoning ship and starting from scratch.

I've started from scratch before on a new realm. It's really not that bad but many people feel intimidated by it. When you involve enough people with a decision some will really balk at the idea even if their own situation is horrible. Better the devil you know ...

As a personal ancedote:

The realm I play on currently is a PvP realm. It has its pluses and minuses. Why am I there? Well, a friend I've known for over 15 years is playing there. He hates PvP though. Why is he there? His wife plays there. She hates PvP too. Why is she there? Her co worker plays there. He also hates PvP. Why is he there? I keep getting different answers. :)

There was talk about moving away very recently. The issues? A few people, even those who hated the PvP situation, just didn't want to go.
100 Orc Warrior
Move to pve or get creative like the other I managed to kill a 90 war on my 86druid by use of guards and entangling roots
14 Draenei Shaman

U realize that if world pvp interferes too much with just doing what you need to do for everything else in the game 1 of 2 things will happen. Since players on PvP realms are no longer trapped there with server transfer rules then either all PvP realms will become ghost towns while leveling and gearing. Or 1 of the factions on every realm will end up leaving making it a 10:1 or worse ratio which means the server will essentially become PvE for one factions and a living nightmare for the other.

Both of these scenarios will then leave to whoever is left just leaving the game.

The problem is some people ARE trapped on PvP servers and Blizzard knows this. If you want to raid with your friends you have to be on their server, period. Will they admit this is an issue? No, they still are think everyone who plays on PvP servers somehow is there for the PvP, and that is not the case.

(And before anyone makes the comment. No, you cannot raid cross server of current tier content. Why? Blizzard policy, and that is the only reason. There is no technical reason at all.)
90 Human Mage
12/06/2012 08:00 AMPosted by Eutychus
When a male Lion takes over an existing pride he immediately kills the cubs that are not his. This way the cubs dont grow up and become competition.

Killing the cubs sends the lionesses into estrus. It isn't about competition, it's about passing on their genes.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]