90's ganking.

90 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Warzeel
Move to pve or get creative like the other I managed to kill a 90 war on my 86druid by use of guards and entangling roots

How do we do this "creative stuff" when we get one shot by some sadistic jerks that camp people 70 levels below them? Griefing is not PvP. It's completely and utterly one sided and only promotes people to leaving WoW. PvP is great when you have a chance, griefing lowbies is not PvP.

When I do dailies as a 90 I do world PvP and that's fine. When I try to level a level 20 alt and get griefed and camped by 4 or 5 90's it's no fun. They have stopped my game play and advancement on my Alt. I get on my main and grab a couple of guildies and hope to find them in our current CRZ hell. We find them and kill them, but it does no good. I go back to my level 20 and there they are again, griefing and preventing the leveling of an alt.

Daxxarri, your post is one of the most disappointing Blue posts I've seen in a long time. You just don't get it. How do we "turn the tables on your attacker" and still be able to level our low level alt? The answer is we can't. My alts are dead to me now.
Edited by Nayaga on 12/6/2012 12:13 PM PST
53 Pandaren Priest

So let me get this straight. Wow condones the following behavior. . Because any company that condone the following behavior and has actually people who say its ok. Has to really look and wonder what it has become. Makes me stop and consider if I want to play any game by this company. As a lot of other mmos out there do not condone this behavior and in fact has rules against it.

1. Corpse camping for hours.
2. Camping and killing certain quest zones and givers.
3. Ganking repeatedly for hours by the same person. Who even some times follow you to anther zone?
4. No real solution to ganking due to czr and how it affects zone. This allowing people to gank with no real course of action. With not a few 90 but in some area 40 to 50 per area. To the point you can’t go to anther zone. The only possibility is to log off.

I will say thank you. I was hoping wow would address these 4 problems. I don’t mind ganking at all. It part of the course of a pvp realm. But I don’t mind these types of behaviors. As these 4 points are what I call bullying and harassment. Thus, you have open my eyes and I have some thinking to do and my future with blizzard in total.

qq more how hard is it to ask it chat for someone to kill the ganker???.....

PVP server are not for cry babys blizzard is doing nothing wrong this is just how the game is deal with it

and i doubt people camp the same person for hours without being killed people just try and say that to make pvp go away

Come to shattered halls then. There are people there who camp people for hours.just because it has not happen to you. Does not make it true. it happens to alto of people. The fact this is what happening to my realm and allot of realms on wow.
89 Goblin Rogue
You can actually report them because that is a form of grieveing/harrassment. I've reported bunches of people for camping my lowbies while questing on my pvp server and gms have always told me I've done the right thing reporting and that they won't share what they do, but there are consequences.
94 Gnome Mage
12/06/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Honey
They even made a PvP server where you could kill your own people and enemy... that was fun for a while.

I would seriously pay double the monthly subscription to be able to gank my own faction.
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Let the blood be spilled.

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY (wow) LIFE!!!!

i love you

now we can point all teh whinebabies here and laugh while i camp them and decimate my enemies' upcoming ranks.

i think tonight i shall gank with renewed vigor
90 Blood Elf Warlock
This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's ally part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.Let the blood be spilled.

It still wont change the fact that pvp servers are dying. My pvp server is almost gone now. It use to be filled with lots of people in wotlk what happened?..
89 Goblin Rogue

It still wont change the fact that pvp servers are dying. My pvp server is almost gone now. It use to be filled with lots of people in wotlk what happened?..

Try Blackrock, sir. Won't be disappointed.
89 Goblin Rogue

Daxxarri, your post is one of the most disappointing Blue posts I've seen in a long time. You just don't get it. How do we "turn the tables on your attacker" and still be able to level our low level alt? The answer is we can't.

This, and yeah, can't believe a blue would say something like that. Very sad.
87 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Working as intended eh? See this kind of response seems rather myopic. What do you think Blizzard did that inadvertently removed the risk? There's always been risk, the difference since Cataclysm is what used to be manageable risk has now become completely unmanageable, frustrating and quite frankly not fun.

With the addition of flying mounts and especially now with Cross Realm Zones, imbalanced PvP is now just overly punishing to anyone trying to level a new character. Just because you enjoy ganking or being ganked doesn't mean long time players signed up for this when we chose a pvp realm so many years ago.

I think this is the first time I've been so disenfranchised by a response from Blizzard.
41 Troll Warrior
In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

That's cool and whatnot. I enjoy farming noobs in STV as much as the next guy. I guess if ganking is going to be the overwhelming norm, then let's call it what it is.

I mean, when CRZ was first installed, it was pretty cool, especially at the Blasted Lands portal. There was actually a ton of chatter in trade and getting raids organized because my server is like 18:1 imba and we hadn't seen much action in years.

But then, I guess everyone who would make something like that fun went to Pandaria and we're back to 18:1 there. And in the old world, it's just gank gank gank. No wPVP, just lowbies leveling and 90s patrolling and killing.

Maybe I'm in the wrong guild, but getting help is laughable. Anyone who asks for help in trade or wants to start some wPVP is ignored.

So, I think your ideals are fantastic. It would be a really fun game if things actually worked the way you romanticize it to be. But the reality is that most people are not interested in wPVP, so it doesn't really play out like it used to.

I'm not advocating changing anything except maybe bringing CRZ to Pandaria or something so we can actually experience a Sha fight with the opposite faction interfering or making the new dailies more interesting. But let's not pretend that how things were in 2007 is or ever will be the same again.
53 Pandaren Priest
12/06/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Saraxia
Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Whether that was what you had in mind or not, what compensation do you give to those players that now find themselves on PvP realms in this new reality that totally doesn't fit their desired gameplay? Are there free server transfers from PvP realms to PvE realms? Or is the answer: "Too bad you should have known what you were getting into when you rolled there? Go pay $25 per character to transfer to a PvE realm?" I think most of those that fall into that category would just as soon unsub and quit if that's your answer.

Look at pvp server population and then answer might be yes. i wonder how many have quit wow over this issue.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I kill every single player I can, because they are alliance, and they are my enemies, the level of the player its just a detail... DIE ALLIANCE SCUM!!
100 Draenei Mage
12/06/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Jibbajabba
They even made a PvP server where you could kill your own people and enemy... that was fun for a while.

I would seriously pay double the monthly subscription to be able to gank my own faction.

I have to admit that it was fun... it started out great with everyone being amazed that they could even comunicate with the enemy... we got to actually speak to people we had been hating for a long time.

Being a new server everyone started out the same lvl, but there are always those who know how to lvl super fast, and within a couple of days, you couldn't show your face out in the world.

The enchanter class was way OP in that game... we made a group of low lvl enchanters and hid outside a major city and we would send our pets out to kill high lvl players.. that went on for hours till the high lvl players came out in force and kicked our butts.
90 Human Paladin
Totally out there...

but why is Daxx not in charge of everything?!
100 Night Elf Hunter
12/06/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Spoxi
You can actually report them because that is a form of grieveing/harrassment. I've reported bunches of people for camping my lowbies while questing on my pvp server and gms have always told me I've done the right thing reporting and that they won't share what they do, but there are consequences.

this is lies. they do nothing. ive been reported tons for it, had people go off on me in tells, nothing will ever happen. stop wasting GM time on crap you agreed to.
81 Gnome Death Knight
You can no longer use an excuse that it's too hard to start over. Leveling is fast and easy, making money is fast and easy... Or you can transfer one character with tons of gold, heirlooms and start over with a huge advantage.

Individually you are correct. However this is an MMO and that is rarely played by individuals.

I know I'll get quoted out of context, but I'll say it anyway.

Going from a PvP server to a PvE server is easy only if you don't have any friends.

That isn't to say people who enjoy PvP are friendless sociopaths. I'm sure the vast majority have many friends who all enjoy PvP. The problem is that there are people who feel trapped on a server as a group.

The coordination alone, not to mention real money and / or time of an entire group, is a large barrier to moving.

In my own guild on a PvP server we have many people who are fairly miserable about the situation but, due to not wanting to leave friends behind, feel that they are stuck.

Should they have read up on what a PvP server entails? Yes, but we don't live in the past. We live in the now. I really don't want to find a new guild because enough people stop playing that I'm forced to move to another server, again.

Edit:

Really there is no simple solution. Ganking and world PvP should be part of a PvP realm. Making that disappear hurts a number of other players on such realms. Leaving things be is obviously not going to be great either.
Edited by Kahzregi on 12/6/2012 12:28 PM PST
89 Goblin Rogue

this is lies. they do nothing. ive been reported tons for it, had people go off on me in tells, nothing will ever happen. stop wasting GM time on crap you agreed to.

It takes a big amount of reports for them to actually act upon it, read the page in the TOS about harrassment and educate yourself.
EDIT: And I should also add that I doubt you know how many times you've been reported. Stop making yourself look unintelligent.
Edited by Spoxi on 12/6/2012 12:26 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
12/06/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Oniana

This. The GM probably said that to keep you happy. Sorry.

Spoxi, and all other posters here who cannot hack it on a pvp server, some reading material for you:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/harassment-policy
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy

Unless there is use of exploitation, there is no such thing as grieving on a pvp server. Please. Stop. Using. That. Word. You do not know what it means.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]