90's ganking.

100 Night Elf Hunter
Here is an educational PvP movie for you OP. Watch it and learn :)

http://vimeo.com/15715765
90 Human Warrior

this is lies. they do nothing. ive been reported tons for it, had people go off on me in tells, nothing will ever happen. stop wasting GM time on crap you agreed to.

It takes a big amount of reports for them to actually act upon it, read the page in the TOS about harrassment and educate yourself.
EDIT: And I should also add that I doubt you know how many times you've been reported. Stop making yourself look unintelligent.

You actually need to educate yourself. Please read the links provided in my earlier post.
89 Goblin Rogue

You actually need to educate yourself. Please read the links provided in my earlier post.

Go talk to the GMs that told me they dealt with it then Krijgar.
85 Blood Elf Priest
One very important thing crz changed compared to ganking before crz.

Even if you build yourself a list of kill on sight people that ganked you when you were leveling you cannot, more often than not, get revenge on them since you might not see them again due to the nature of crz over time.
90 Human Warrior

Go talk to the GMs that told me they dealt with it then Krijgar.

I'll link it again

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/player-vs-player-server-policy

The GM's told that to you to keep you happy. Guaranteed.
14 Draenei Shaman
12/06/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Kahzregi
You can no longer use an excuse that it's too hard to start over. Leveling is fast and easy, making money is fast and easy... Or you can transfer one character with tons of gold, heirlooms and start over with a huge advantage.

Individually you are correct. However this is an MMO and that is rarely played by individuals.

I know I'll get quoted out of context, but I'll say it anyway.

Going from a PvP server to a PvE server is easy only if you don't have any friends.

That isn't to say people who enjoy PvP are friendless sociopaths. I'm sure the vast majority have many friends who all enjoy PvP. The problem is that there are people who feel trapped on a server as a group.

The coordination alone, not to mention real money and / or time of an entire group, is a large barrier to moving.

In my own guild on a PvP server we have many people who are fairly miserable about the situation but, due to not wanting to leave friends behind, feel that they are stuck.

Should they have read up on what a PvP server entails? Yes, but we don't live in the past. We live in the now. I really don't want to find a new guild because enough people stop playing that I'm forced to move to another server, again.

This.

Blizzard thinks that people on PvP servers want to be there because of PvP. And every time you try to say other wise to blizzard they run and hide.

I don't want to play on a PvP server. I would in a second transfer all my toons off the server and onto a PvE one.

Money is not the issue for me, but I can understand why it would be for others.

What is the issue for me is that I will not be able to raid with my RL friends if I switch. Why? Because of a Blizz policy of not allowing cross server raiding of the current tier.

Remove this barrier and many people will be a lot happier. Stop pretending this is not an issue.
Community Manager
You are both right, after a fashion.

The general guideline is: if there is a PvP solution available, our staff will not intervene on a PvP realm.

There are, however, situations that are extreme (or that involve exploitation), which merit intervention by our staff, but they are extremely rare.
90 Pandaren Monk
12/06/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Appi
I LOVE PVP realms.. I deal with it and move on, simple as that.

I want to start by saying I absolutely hate pvping. Fair pvp, that is. I suck at it, and unless I have some strange advantage, (like I called friends), I fail at it. That being said, I play on pvp servers and love it, as well. I started on pve, but would never go back. I like being that jerk who kills the lvl 40 gnome. Or the random level 84 that thinks he might have a chance and starts attacking me.

It's been said on here that some don't have the "if it's red, it's dead" attitude, and I don't really either (unless I've had a bad day). I actually like to do random acts of kindness to lowbie Alliance that wave or smile at me. I'll help them quest for a bit. I get really tempted, of course, to pay back all the corpse running I did while leveling. And I camp the ones that spit on me.

But I think the world pvp is really good. Conceptually, anyways. I don't like 5 alliance hunting me down while I'm doing dailies. If that happens I move to a different area, or get a group going from general. Typically I'm not the only one getting ganked and a group is easy to form.

I'm fairly certain that that's the goal of the world pvp. A few of one faction kills someone... That someone calls for friends... the other faction gets more people... and so on. I agree the CRZ can get a bit irritating, but it also leaves me more guilt-free, too. (Supporting what was mentioned earlier about no retribution.) But the pvp servers, as I've gathered, are meant for you to be paranoid and watching your back. When I see a shadow pass overhead and stop, I mount up and look around.

My boyfriend gets really frustrated when he gets ganked. I tell him he can go be a carebear on a pve server. If you pick a pvp server, expect it. You will be ganked. Leveling, dailies, flying around looking at the pretty birds, or even sitting in a town.

The only thing I wish is that the rule "can't roll opposite faction on the same pvp server" still existed.
Edited by Kyokurama on 12/6/2012 12:32 PM PST
100 Draenei Mage
12/06/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Kahzregi
You can no longer use an excuse that it's too hard to start over. Leveling is fast and easy, making money is fast and easy... Or you can transfer one character with tons of gold, heirlooms and start over with a huge advantage.

Individually you are correct. However this is an MMO and that is rarely played by individuals.

I know I'll get quoted out of context, but I'll say it anyway.

Going from a PvP server to a PvE server is easy only if you don't have any friends.

That isn't to say people who enjoy PvP are friendless sociopaths. I'm sure the vast majority have many friends who all enjoy PvP. The problem is that there are people who feel trapped on a server as a group.

The coordination alone, not to mention real money and / or time of an entire group, is a large barrier to moving.

In my own guild on a PvP server we have many people who are fairly miserable about the situation but, due to not wanting to leave friends behind, feel that they are stuck.

Should they have read up on what a PvP server entails? Yes, but we don't live in the past. We live in the now. I really don't want to find a new guild because enough people stop playing that I'm forced to move to another server, again.

I can accept that you didn't know what PvP meant.. and that you have made way to many friends to ever leave your server.

What I can't see is people demanding for Blizzard to turn the PvP servers into "fair and easy" servers for people who don't like the challenge.

In the end it's completely your choice to stay or leave. I believe they did offer some kind of discount for whole guilds transferring?
Unfortunately as it has been stated before on this topic, If you do not enjoy being ganked then unfortunately a PvP server might not be the best place for you. I do realize it is a pain, but you have to take the good with the bad, people that play on a PvP server USUALLY intend to PvP once they hit max level. Therefore once you hit max level you can either continue the trend of ganking low levels or decide that you would like to engage in PvP AT your level.

Actions can be done to help your situations, I have found that on a PvP realm, going to places that are not normally quested in helps, not staying in open areas instead hiding in forests and such, people that do not play with class colors may often mistake you for questing mobs.

Furthermore, try to make some friends on the server that have higher level toons, PvP leveling areas are not intended to be traversed solo, or without back up imo.

With the introduction of cross realm zones add them to RealID and invite them to your group thereby making a easy work around to the PvP ganking problem.
Edited by Dlcaje on 12/6/2012 12:34 PM PST
90 Worgen Priest
This is going to sound weird, and while I do empathize with the frustration that's being expressed in this thread, this conversation still warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Why? Because for too long there was very little distinction between playing on a PvE realm and playing on a PvP realm. We had inadvertently created a situation where there was little risk when leveling in the world on a PvP realm. The experiences were, for all practical purposes, virtually identical, but that wasn't what we had in mind.

Life on a PvP realm can be nasty, brutish and short. Justice is in very short supply. Every action you take in the world carries with it an added level of risk, from questing, to hunting down profession materials, to simply traveling from place to place. You can be attacked at any time, sometimes by an overwhelming force. Of course, the shoe can also be on the other foot, and you'll be able to turn the tables on your attacker, or find clever ways to delay them or escape from them. Some will become roaming slayers, seeking out enemies to destroy.

In short, the experience on a PvP server is different. We want it to be different, and that includes everything from honorable conflict on the field of battle to horribly despicable ganking. It's all part of the fabric that makes a PvP server what it is.

Let the blood be spilled.

Aaand Dax is now my least favorite blue. I play on a PvP server. Have never played otherwise. But now I just level alts through dungeon queues because things have gotten out of hand. It gets old real fast. I really miss being out in the world, exploring and battling people with some sort of skill because they were around my level.

But I rarely play anymore anyway, so I guess it doesn't really affect me.
Edited by Sunsetmoon on 12/6/2012 12:34 PM PST
89 Goblin Rogue
12/06/2012 12:29 PMPosted by Appi
You can actually report them because that is a form of grieveing/harrassment. I've reported bunches of people for camping my lowbies while questing on my pvp server and gms have always told me I've done the right thing reporting and that they won't share what they do, but there are consequences.

First of all you are lying.

Secondly WoW has ALWAYS has the stance that PvP is a consequence of the game.

Third by reporting camping the reply you WILL get is tough, get over it, nothing we can do.

I know you are lying, because it's even a written policy on WoW site explaining how PvP works, you can't report someone for camping.. it's not only legal it's PART of HOW the game is SUPPOSED to be played..

So I *KNOW* you are making this up...

Would you like a personal screenie taken of a recent response I've gotten for reporting? Just for you? :) <3
Community Manager
12/06/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Caali
Remove this barrier and many people will be a lot happier. Stop pretending this is not an issue.

Not that your own situation should be dismissed, because I think it's unfortunate that all your friends prefer playing on a realm type that you don't like, but I would be very surprised if this were a widespread issue. At least you have the support of dependable real life friends if you find yourself in a tough spot.

Cross realm raiding of the current tier has the potential to generate a lot of negative repercussions. It's not the sort of thing we'd commit to lightly.
90 Draenei Shaman
Whether that was what you had in mind or not, what compensation do you give to those players that now find themselves on PvP realms in this new reality that totally doesn't fit their desired gameplay? Are there free server transfers from PvP realms to PvE realms? Or is the answer: "Too bad you should have known what you were getting into when you rolled there? Go pay $25 per character to transfer to a PvE realm?" I think most of those that fall into that category would just as soon unsub and quit if that's your answer.

I agree. I think it's not very clear when you're just starting out, or joining many years ago to be with friends, what you're getting yourself into. Likewise, as the game evolves over the years, you might find yourself in a "what did I get myself into?" position where you'd really like to server transfer away from this stuff, but @$25 per character... you'd personally rather just suck it up(what I'm doing) or unsub.

You could maybe get $5 from me per character. If you're looking to make money that you're otherwise not going to be making, Blizzard. Group discount or something.
90 Human Priest
Go to a carebare server if you cant stand the heat
53 Pandaren Priest

So let me get this straight. Wow condones the following behavior. . Because any company that condone the following behavior and has actually people who say its ok. Has to really look and wonder what it has become. Makes me stop and consider if I want to play any game by this company. As a lot of other mmos out there do not condone this behavior and in fact has rules against it.

1. Corpse camping for hours.
2. Camping and killing certain quest zones and givers.
3. Ganking repeatedly for hours by the same person. Who even some times follow you to anther zone?
4. No real solution to ganking due to czr and how it affects zone. This allowing people to gank with no real course of action. With not a few 90 but in some area 40 to 50 per area. To the point you can’t go to anther zone. The only possibility is to log off.

I will say thank you. I was hoping wow would address these 4 problems. I don’t mind ganking at all. It part of the course of a pvp realm. But I don’t mind these types of behaviors. As these 4 points are what I call bullying and harassment. Thus, you have open my eyes and I have some thinking to do and my future with blizzard in total.

I've tried PvP servers at least once on every game I've played...

On EQ I rolled on a PvP server just to see what it was like... I was killed instantly at lvl 1 and the guy had the audacity to steal the only piece of armor I owned... /delete character and went home to my PvE server where I belonged.

On Daoc it was fun for a while, we found out the small races could hide in the water and still see everyone. We would hide and send our pets out to attack whoever we wanted and never be seen. (it was a totally chicken poop way to play, but it was soooo much fun). They even made a PvP server where you could kill your own people and enemy... that was fun for a while.

I can't imagine how a game would create a challenging PvP realm where you never had to worry about being ganked one way or another. You have PvE realms where you can PvP only when it suits you.. why try to turn a PvP realm into a PvE realm when they already exist?

You have choices other than demanding that Blizzard takes PvP away from people who actually enjoy it.

I am not asking for it to be taken away. If you read post I don’t mind ganking. I mind the ones who do things that ruin other pvp experience. Sorry but you enjoy those four things. That is good for you. But a lot of people do not want that and never ask for their game experience to be killed over and over with no chance to fight back.

Look at this way. You can not cc anyone over a 20 level difference do to gear difference. You can not out run them do to mount being faster. You Cant not stealth or hide from the do to the level difference (trust me I have tried). You only choice is to die. Which is fine if you kill and move on, Key word: move on. That not what happening. There are people who beyond that. That was my point.

I love world pvp of equal levels. There is a sense of accomplishment beating someone of equal or slightly higher level. It adds to the fun of leveling. But when it is you add 90 and a lot of them to area for the sole purpose to shut down your game play. Then there is no world pvp. It is just one side killing the other side with no hope of wining. That to me is what you and the blue post are about. No challenge just kill to kill mentality that is killing world pvp in this game.

Yeah call for help and see how that works. You might get one response. But then again it might be no response at all. As lot say are you mad bro. Thus don’t feed me this world pvp crap.

That is not world pvp. That is harassment plain and simple and wow seems to condone it. Which is fine by me, they don’t need me or any other who quit because of this behavior. They got plenty of people. Thus, don’t complain soon all of us who want equal level world pvp will be playing anther game and then you and the blue post will have true world pvp.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]