Thursday, December 6, 2012

100 Night Elf Druid
Pet battles are sucking the will to level alts from me.

Dave Brubeck died. Famous jazz musician known for the likes of this:
http://youtu.be/y9aG3wUrfrE
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Silversol
How's that change with abilities still coming off cooldown while pets are out of combat? Seemed like a pretty big game changer to me but I haven't played since the patch dropped...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
<-- Still has not yet trained Pet Battling on any character.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I dabbled in the pet battles but ended up getting sucked into raid prep on Amarasha and leveling my alts so their professions are helpful. I'll go back and toy with it later, I'm sure.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Bite
How's that change with abilities still coming off cooldown while pets are out of combat? Seemed like a pretty big game changer to me but I haven't played since the patch dropped...

What?

I see this one in the patch notes:
Abilities that have been used will now continue to cool down for pets when they are not the active pet in a battle.

But all that means is back row pets continue to CD if they aren't fighting currently. I've never gone into a pet battle with any ability on CD as I enter.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
12/06/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Silversol
Dave Brubeck died.

RIP Dave, I always enjoyed your music.

"But all that means is back row pets continue to CD if they aren't fighting currently. I've never gone into a pet battle with any ability on CD as I enter." (editors note Sarah is stupid at editing posts)

This is like going outside without putting on your pants and wondering why the neighbor is ushering her children into the house.......
Edited by Sarahgadi on 12/6/2012 10:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
12/06/2012 08:32 AMPosted by Silversol
But all that means is back row pets continue to CD if they aren't fighting currently.

That's what I mean, lets say for example you have three pets with some ridiculous timed ability like Lil' Deathwing's Elementium Bolt, Lil' Tarecgosa's Surge of Power and Tranquil Mechanical Yeti's Ion Cannon (not saying they're a good combo, just pets with big hit long CD abilities off the top of my head.)

You start off rotating and rolling these timed attacks, or stack them up with other minor abilities of other pets just to rinse and repeat... with every other turn being a huge kaboom. Whereas before you could cast and ditch but you would still have to come back into play to roll that attack. Unless your team is entirely defensive with some kind of take-flight / burrow ability seems like an autowin to me...
Edited by Bite on 12/6/2012 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Hmmm, I haven't used any big hitters in my pet teams, my mechagnome is really the only one that has the cooldown effected on my teams at the moment. but, it's not a big issue for his turrets. I may need to play around with some of the other ones with the longer cooldowns to see how it is.

So, I got me into the fight club thingy, and boy do I suck at it :p

Gonna try it as affliction instead of destro, maybe that will be better, or maybe switch to demo, that seemed like it was pretty good in there.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I am still trying to beat that guy using an undead team in crystalsong forest or whatever. >:(

My team has been great up until now. D:

EDIT: I normally use my crimson whelp instead of the skeleton raptor. Was just seeing something with him.
Edited by Prodon on 12/6/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
Whenever I hear 'fight club' I think of This Hour Has 22 Minutes (Canadian TV show) that did a spoof named "The Slap Fight Club" featuring two sissy men slapping at each other.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Yeah, the undead guy can be annoying, my usual team I use for most of my battles is Spirit of Competition, a rare parrot and the Clockwork Gnome. Lately I've been subbing in a turtle for defense.

Hehe, and I've seen that episode of This Hour :p
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
12/06/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Bite
You start off rotating and rolling these timed attacks, or stack them up with other minor abilities of other pets just to rinse and repeat... with every other turn being a huge kaboom.

Ok I think I see what you're saying. The CD should pause if they're in the back row then?
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
*pokes in and waves*

I been a BAAAAAD girl and brokeded website. Meanwhile I have lots of work to finish today if possible. So away I go again, skippity-skip!

/tar Bite
/zippy HUUGs
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
12/06/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Eilethalua
BAAAAAD girl
and

12/06/2012 02:55 PMPosted by Eilethalua
skippity-skip

...bring to mind short skirts and white knee socks......

WHAT?!??
Edited by Sarahgadi on 12/7/2012 7:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Next year's Halloween costume ... 44-year old in a short skirt and white knee socks? Do you REALLY want to imagine that? *snickers*
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Mage
12/07/2012 11:18 AMPosted by Eilethalua
44-year old in a short skirt and white knee socks

Hey you are still 12 years younger than me LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]