Offended, in a dungeon..

77 Undead Mage
Hi, I'm new to Warcraft by recently subscribed to full version, I went to join a dungeon group to level up and helping others defeat monsters.. But, I was told to leave the group "Even though I done nothing wrong, they voted me off.. Some said that they do not like mages "My character is a mage". When I started to defeat a monster, they all left for me to die without reason..

In patch 5.2, I was wondering if there can be a rule that no one is allowed to vote or bump one off the team even when offending others hurtfully?

I even done nothing wrong to upset them..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Trying wayyyy too hard to troll.

2/10.

How do you know he's trolling? He could just be trying to get help. You really should give people the benefit of the doubt on the new player forum, rather them treating like them you would on general discussion. He already posted on customer support and they directed him here to receive friendly advice for new players, and the first post he gets is yours, wow.

They didn't say anything about why they kicked you clannicus? I'm not sure what was said because your use of quotation marks is confusing.

You said you were also attacking monsters on your own? That's definitely a no-no in a dungeon group. If you were pulling mobs on your own that might be why you got kicked. It's also possible you got kicked for your gearing choices. Your weapon for example has no stats on it. Mages want items with intellect on it, your staff has none, so it's pretty much the same as using no weapon at all.

Otherwise you probably just got a bad group, shake it off and queue again.

Also clannicus, suggestions don't belong in this forum. If you want to suggest something for the game post on the general discussion forum. I imagine your suggestion would never be considered though because it's very necessary to be able to kick people from the group. There are hundreds of situations that you might need to resolve by kicking someone, such as a group member standing there not doing anything for the entire dungeon.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/5/2012 4:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
In a dungeon, the tank is the one that initiates combat, always. You are a mage, therefore you are DPS. It is your job to attack whatever the tank is attacking with as much damage output as you can muster, but not so much that you pull the creature's attention away from the tank and on to you. It's also your job, along with the other DPS characters, to crowd control (root, snare, trap, silence, interrupt) anything that the tank asks you to.

It's the tank's job to make sure the creatures are always attacking him. The tank is the one that has abilities that absorb and deflect the damage. As a DPS, 2-3 hits from just one creature is enough to kill you, the tank can take many hits from several creatures and still be standing.

Also, as a mage, you do NOT want to be within melee range, you attack from a distance. You are a lot squishier than melee DPS and many bosses (and even a few trash mobs) have AoE and multi-target abilities that you'll want to stay away from.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue

2/10.

Actually, you are the only one trolling here. This forum is for players who know absolutely nothing about a topic to ask questions and learn how to play the game WITHOUT being accused of trolling or ridiculed for knowing absolutely nothing. What flies in General is NOT allowed here.
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
If you're wanting to group with other people need to have a chat..
..about gear.

You're using white items, which are ... at your level, completely inappropriate.

Agillity gear, strength gear, are also doing nothing to help you.

I can see you've been questing, but.. what have you been doing with the quest rewards?

You should have a suitable item (with intellect) for every slot by now.
(maybe apart from trinkets)

People are also quite fussy about players rolling on loot which isn't suitable for their class, so if they kicked you because you're a mage, it may have been if you were rolling "need" on items which aren't suitable for a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hmm it helps if you give us more details on what happened.
Where you going ahead of the tank and attacking mobs constantly? Where you rolling "need" on every piece of gear?

You said they told you that they didn't like mages, so a part of me thinks that that might have been a guild run, or a group of 3-4 people from the same guild and they just decided to kick you for being a mage. It could be possible. I've seen stories where people get kicked out of a dungeon group just so their guildie can join the group. And where people have gotten kicked just for being hunter. So it is possible to get kicked just for being a certain class sadly.
Edited by Dáriuse on 12/5/2012 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Sorry that happened, sucky things happen sometimes in environments where everyone's basically anonymous. There's only so much control Blizz has over what players can and cannot say and do, but they did include the option to report players for inappropriate behaviour. If someone says "I don't like mages," well that's their problem, at some point just right-click their name and ignore them, and you won't ever be grouped with them again. You can also type /ignore playername-servername if their name isn't available in the chat.

But if someone actually gets abusive and/or offensive, you can also submit a detailed ticket explaining what happened, including the time of the occurrence -- that way a mod can review the chat logs to see what was said, and determine if action will be taken against that player (suspension, ban, whatever).
Edited by Drewb on 12/5/2012 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
78 Human Warrior
Get used to people being jerks. Try not to take it personally. It doesn't mean you suck, you're still learning. They're just keyboard warriors.
Reply Quote
If you're wanting to group with other people need to have a chat..
..about gear.

And talents/glyphs.

If you're going to be doing dungeons, I would recommend switching your second tier talent Blazing Speed to anything else in that tier. Even soloing, Ice Barrier will afford you a lot more protection and cut down on some of the inherent mage squishiness.

At 42 you have both a major and a minor glyph slot open. For majors, Glyph of Evocation is another great tool to reduce some pressure on the healers or use while solo. Glyph of Slow and Glyph of Mana Gem both are some basic quality of life type glyphs.

Minors tend to be more for flavor than game impacting, but Glyph of Loose Mana is a nice choice.

And as the others have said, know your role in the dungeon. It may mean sitting on your hands for the first few seconds of a pull, but better that than causing a wipe.
Reply Quote
77 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Blingjatt

Cool, What's trolling?
Reply Quote
77 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 03:49 AMPosted by Monmonn
They didn't say anything about why they kicked you clannicus? I'm not sure what was said because your use of quotation marks is confusing.

Not that I know of, all I heard was that they don't like mages @ told me to leave the group.. I even heard some name callings. That's when I left to go to a safe spot & stay there. Then, they booted me off..
Edited by Clannicus on 12/5/2012 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Cool, What's trolling?

Just ignore him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Obviously you aren't this, you're just trying to seek help, which is why everyone but him posted to try to and help you. As Avanna said, he's the only one trolling.

12/05/2012 10:11 AMPosted by Clannicus

Not that I know of, all I heard was that they don't like mages @ told me to leave the group.. I even heard some name callings. That's when I left to go to a safe spot & stay there. Then, they booted me off..

It's possible they said other things that you didn't see. It's also possible that they were just jerks and you should shrug it off.

Or like others and myself have said above, it could of been because of you pulling mobs or because of your gear.
Edited by Monmonn on 12/5/2012 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
20 Tauren Shaman
I was voted off the island.
Reply Quote
55 Tauren Death Knight
Yeah, I hate people that kick you out of the party for no reason. That's happened to me many times on alts. If you've been recently kicked, and bullied, I'd say just calm down then reQ.

Once, my friend got kicked on her pandaren and she also got bullied by the look of her character. They were calling her "ugly" and rude words. Like I said, there's going to be jerks like that out there.

On my mage alt, I got kicked at the END of the dungeon for needing something I do need, int. Spir., with was very weird. So I just chuckled and Qed again.
Reply Quote
12/05/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Aawwubbis
On my mage alt, I got kicked at the END of the dungeon for needing something I do need, int. Spir., with was very weird. So I just chuckled and Qed again.

Does that "Spir" stand for spirit? You do not need spirit as a mage. That is now truly a healer stat. (And converts to hit for classes with a healing spec - but not for mages.)
Reply Quote
77 Undead Mage
12/05/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Monmonn
It's possible they said other things that you didn't see. It's also possible that they were just jerks and you should shrug it off.

I Usually find out when I look at the chat window while plaing the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
12/05/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Clannicus
I Usually find out when I look at the chat window while plaing the game

Yes, but they may have been saying stuff in /whisper to each other, which you wouldn't see.
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Rogue
Some people are just really rude in this game at times.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]