Lack of Redbelly Mandarin fishing nodes

90 Blood Elf Warlock
Since patch 5.1, I have found zero redbelly mandarin fishing nodes in jade forest. Prior to the patch, it was the best place to farm these for cooking ingredients to level on of the pandaren cooking ways. I have searched other areas and found them to be few and far between. Some nodes I did find in the Vale of Eternal Blossom and Townlong Steppes, but no where near the number prior to the patch.

I have multiple toons and leveled all the cooking ways for buff foods and new banquet recipes but now am lacking in this ingredient for additional creation of buff and banquet food.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or part of the general "node" nerf implemented? Jade lungfish are plentiful and haven't had problems locating any other fishing nodes except the redbelly mandarin.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Warlock
same. finally gave up and fished enough jades to get 4 tokens to buy the last 20 redbellies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
That's what I will end up doing as well, fish enough jade lungfish to trade in tokens to get the redbellies to use in creation of the banquets and buff food.
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Warlock
This was posted in the bug report forums, but no response whether or not it's part of the 5.1 resource nerf.

would be sad if it was.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I, for one, welcome this change! It was far too hard to find Jade Lungfish pre-patch. :P
Reply Quote
93 Blood Elf Warlock
12/05/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Alanahlia
I, for one, welcome this change! It was far too hard to find Jade Lungfish pre-patch. :P

While I agree, it is very annoying when you really need those redbellies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
A bug? Someone said on Eli's fishing that they were removed in patch 5.1

Nothing, nada, not one owrd on the patch notes.

And apparently, a blue post on the subject is too damn much to hope for.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I noticed a bunch of nodes in some lakes... I want to think the ones in the final zone... with the main city... by the golden lotus daily hubs... Vale of Eternal Blossums? I had the same problem in Jade Forest though. I would just look around though as you might find them somewhere that you dont expect...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Since patch 5.1, I have found zero redbelly mandarin fishing nodes in jade forest. Prior to the patch, it was the best place to farm these for cooking ingredients to level on of the pandaren cooking ways. I have searched other areas and found them to be few and far between. Some nodes I did find in the Vale of Eternal Blossom and Townlong Steppes, but no where near the number prior to the patch.

I have multiple toons and leveled all the cooking ways for buff foods and new banquet recipes but now am lacking in this ingredient for additional creation of buff and banquet food.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or part of the general "node" nerf implemented? Jade lungfish are plentiful and haven't had problems locating any other fishing nodes except the redbelly mandarin.
I think what you're seeing is the result of "cherry picking". The Mandarin share spawn nodes with the Lungfish. Others, like you, have already cruised through and snapped up all the mandarin spawn, leaving you with lungfish respawns. You'll have to farm a ton of lungfish and hope for mandarin respawns.

Might I suggest a place I found... in Jade forest, roughly at grid # 35x25. If irc that's just a little s/w of Hellscream's Hope in northwest JF. There's a body of water just below a waterfall that (last time I farmed fish there) had over a dozen lungfish pools. You can get to them quickly and farm a bunch of fish pretty much in peace. Once the respawns hit (don't know how long) some of them should turn into mandarin. Hope that helps.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
You don't really need nodes. I am fishing them up all of the time in the streams next to the Arboretum. Actually get irritated because I need the Golden Carp and I get those instead.

I am sure all the streams in Jade Forest are the same.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Wow... amazing what you can miss when life gets in the way...

quote from El's website:
http://www.elsanglin.com/fish/redbelly_mandarin.html

Commentary: Since the removal of Redbelly Mandarin Schools from The Jade Forest in patch 5.1, there is no "good place" to catch these fish. Fishing Redbelly Mandarin School should be faster than open water, however pools may be hard to find: Townlong Steppes has very few areas of inland water, so there are few pool spawning locations, and those locations are spread between different parts of the zone. Vale of Eternal Blossoms' Redbelly Mandarin Schools share spawning locations with 2 other pool types, rather than one other type in Townlong Steppes. Due to the way pools spawn, you may need to fish all types of pools found in an area to sustain fishing Redbelly Mandarin Schools.

So.. .there you have it. /sadface
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]